Author Topic: Tank Icons in Tower.  (Read 790 times)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Tank Icons in Tower.
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
I wish that the tank icons would be removed while in the tower.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Tank Icons in Tower.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
There is no reason to wish this other than to hide and spawn camp on enemy fields without detection.

-1 for the griefer wish

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
I have to agree with the fine gentleman I rarely agree with.  

But.... You would get better results with a little explanation.  For instance......

" you can have a squaddie in the tower call out gv positions "

Then at least there would be a reason to question your video settings..........  Regardless of icon, I can always see the gv's approaching from 5 or 6k.   :salute

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:49:35 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »
remove them from the tower, and remove them from the field guns. Neither of them are (or should be) any diffrent from a tank.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
remove them from the tower, and remove them from the field guns. Neither of them are (or should be) any diffrent from a tank.

My field guns don't have icons until the gvs are reeealy close.

:cry

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
-1 tower can see gv's better becuase its about 30-40 ft in the air overlooking the base it should be able to see gv's inb... but feild guns icons should be removed as they are ground level...

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:23 AM »
Its actually about 25 feet. And who cares if its 25 feet? most are just looking from F3 mode anyway, which is way unrealistic.

So how about this: Icons in the tower at under 200yds, F3 mode disabled.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 01:00:43 AM »
ok but a tank rolling up on a feild unoticed is real? not 1 guy in a gun or hangar is going to raise question to a tank shelling things and tell ppl where it is? and no the f3 mode isint real and could be remove in tower...but moving trees are pretty easy to spot... and it still sits higher which does give it an advantage in which case 200 yards is sitting practicly ontop of the tower...i think 200 yards would be fair if it was around a structure so if the say t34 is 201 yards away from hangar its not ID'd but when its 199 it is to make up for the lack of personel
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:02:59 AM by stabbyy »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »
You can see GV icons from the tower. F3  F8   pan around :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:20:13 AM »
ok but a tank rolling up on a feild unoticed is real? not 1 guy in a gun or hangar is going to raise question to a tank shelling things and tell ppl where it is? and no the f3 mode isint real and could be remove in tower...but moving trees are pretty easy to spot... and it still sits higher which does give it an advantage in which case 200 yards is sitting practicly ontop of the tower...i think 200 yards would be fair if it was around a structure so if the say t34 is 201 yards away from hangar its not ID'd but when its 199 it is to make up for the lack of personel

:old: A pilot should be able to climb to the top of the tower and spot.

He should also be able to walk out of the tower and hide in the map room at the vbase or port or hide in the bushes. He should be able to be sneaky.   :ahand

Then turn the icons off.    :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
Better yet, remove F5 F8 or so called God mode, what is the point of this anyway???
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »
If you're that close to the field it is for vulching and nothing else. How does that promote gameplay? Leave icons and increase the ack to prevent this from happening.

I find it rather comical when I ask a tanker, "What would happen if no one destroys your tank?" The response (at least the serious ones) consist of, "I'll go to the airfield and park my tank at the end of the runway or behind the VH." Until that changes, I'm proud to be a bomb tard.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »
From the tower is fine.  From the field guns it not, imo.

In situations like this, I always try and find a "real" parallel that could vouch for having whatever issue is the topic actually happen.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 10:27:39 AM »
I've been smoking the towers lately anyway.  You can't whine your way into winning against vTARD assault.

Sorry if that sounded arrogant.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
If you're that close to the field it is for vulching and nothing else. How does that promote gameplay? Leave icons and increase the ack to prevent this from happening.

I find it rather comical when I ask a tanker, "What would happen if no one destroys your tank?" The response (at least the serious ones) consist of, "I'll go to the airfield and park my tank at the end of the runway or behind the VH." Until that changes, I'm proud to be a bomb tard.

No kidding, I generally build my perks at the end of the runway in an osti - once someone takes out the ords - you better either learn to use an Hurri-D/Il-2 as designed or face a tank shooting down the runway. I've been bombed enough times to say quit whining if a tanks on the end of your runway because your team screwed up in stopping it  :rolleyes:
JG 52