Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 15921 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 07:12:46 AM »
was that jockym drawing willies with the CV again?    :bhead

It wasn't me this time BROOV!!!! :old:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »
CVs are hidden because there are people in this game who think annoying people is the fun.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:36 AM »

HT, bish are hiding ours toys again
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
personally I avoid all carrier fights. The puffy 3k alt+ constant ack is so mind numbing and badly coded it ruins the whole area for any type of flying for me.

agree 100%. I wouldn't even mind getting killed by ack if it was an acutal person on the other end, but getting killed by your own computer randomly is intolerable.  so, like you, I don't even fly near cv's offensively or defensively any more.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
What seems to be being proposed here is to due away with all that and just allow the the CV to respawn after an elapsed period of time thereby negating the need to keep track of them. I believe this to be a narrowing of the game-play and reduces and minimizes game-play strategy.

No, we're asking that a CV origionaly owned by the enemy (you captured a port, and got the CV when it respawned) should respawn a couple of hours after its home port is retaken by the enemy. This will keep the dweebs from taking a port, sailing the CV back behind their continient, and about 500 miles from the closest enemy base.

It doesn't help promote fights, its a way to avoid fights. Its gaming the game so you don't have to worry about that CV, because the enemy can't sink it (and get it back when it respawns).
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »
you captured a port, and got the CV when it respawned

They got the CV in the first place because they sank it.  You want it back, take it back.  Why the artificial time limit?  Don't lose it in the first place.  They had to target and destroy 2 "fields" but since you lost it, you want to only have to put out the energy to take one "field" then in fairness get a free CV back later on at some arbitrary time limit.  That makes no sense at all.  How about, for the sake of the fairness you are seeking, you do get that CV back for nothing.  Then, the other side should get an airfield back in return that you took but shouldn't have because it wasn't yours.  You can't only code one side of a perceived problem.  The problem is solved in advance by getting your team together and keeping the fields.  That is the game, play it.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »
Because ROC. NOE Chewie lancaster horde = port is screwed unless you already have a friendly horde 5 minutes out from the port.

When they get the about 100 miles or so from a friendly base, the number of people willing to try to sink it drops sharply. If its 25mph, you can get 20-30 people to help. at 100 miles, maybe 4-5. 200 miles, maybe 2 if you're lucky. They have IFF systems that can tell enemys apart from the CAP (that would be present in real life) at the instant of detection. They can turn the CV if I bomb from high alt, they can kill me with 5" if I bomb from low alt. Its physicly impossible to sneak up on the CV undetected, and INSANELY difficult to overwhelm the CV with superior numbers when its a couple hundred miles from your nearest base.

Why should we reward avoiding fights? Have you ever tried to go after a CV when the twits are defending it, instead of ignoring it once they get it up into the back of beyond? Its damn hard.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2011, 03:52:13 PM »
Its damn hard.

It's supposed to be hard.  If it was easy, then everyone would do it and the CVs would never be afloat, then there would be complaints of never having a CV available because it was too easy to get back.

Have you ever tried to go after a CV when the twits are defending it,
When I wanted it back hard enough, then yes.  Otherwise it didn't matter to me where it was. 

There is no simple solution to one persons complaint when others don't think it's a problem.  The game is there to play, with rewards and consequences. So play it.  Keep the CV alive if you want it that bad.  I honestly don't understand the problem.

Why should we reward avoiding fights?
  That is exactly what you are suggesting should be done.  You want someone who did, in fact, capture a fleet to have it taken away with no effort.  Take it back or don't but one thing is for sure, that single fleet is not going to win the war for you if it takes 3 hours to find it.  You could swallow half the map in that time and you're focused on one little boat.  (shrug) To each his own.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »
Edit: he gave up command
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:58:06 PM by MickDono »

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
Edit: he gave up command

palying the game and whining at the same time.......u soooooooo good
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
 Whining?  I asked you why you were hiding the cv in the top corner of the map..

:rofl

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
speaking of hiding cv's....I logged in the other day to see this >.>

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »
It's supposed to be hard.  If it was easy, then everyone would do it and the CVs would never be afloat, then there would be complaints of never having a CV available because it was too easy to get back.
 When I wanted it back hard enough, then yes.  Otherwise it didn't matter to me where it was.  

There is no simple solution to one persons complaint when others don't think it's a problem.  The game is there to play, with rewards and consequences. So play it.  Keep the CV alive if you want it that bad.  I honestly don't understand the problem.
  That is exactly what you are suggesting should be done.  You want someone who did, in fact, capture a fleet to have it taken away with no effort.  Take it back or don't but one thing is for sure, that single fleet is not going to win the war for you if it takes 3 hours to find it.  You could swallow half the map in that time and you're focused on one little boat.  (shrug) To each his own.

They are taking the CV OUT of gameplay. Just a few guys----sometimes as few as one guy.

You could write a 20,000 word paragraph and still not convince me its not an extremely dweebish move.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:08:24 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »
It's supposed to be hard.  If it was easy, then everyone would do it and the CVs would never be afloat, then there would be complaints of never having a CV available because it was too easy to get back.
 When I wanted it back hard enough, then yes.  Otherwise it didn't matter to me where it was. 

There is no simple solution to one persons complaint when others don't think it's a problem.  The game is there to play, with rewards and consequences. So play it.  Keep the CV alive if you want it that bad.  I honestly don't understand the problem.
  That is exactly what you are suggesting should be done.  You want someone who did, in fact, capture a fleet to have it taken away with no effort.  Take it back or don't but one thing is for sure, that single fleet is not going to win the war for you if it takes 3 hours to find it.  You could swallow half the map in that time and you're focused on one little boat.  (shrug) To each his own.

So your saying if you wanted to keep the CV alive that force of 20 or 30 guys coming at you.... and only you more times than not... would just reach up and slap them all away right?

If the game was played FULLY as a team sport then I could understand your argument, however a MAJORITY of the players don't play it as a team. They have their agendas and in some cases that means starting a furball by moving a CV close to an enemy shore. But no, those people are not allowed to play the WAY THEY WANT because someone else is allowed to hide the CV away.

Sure you can get a CV back. Half dozen guys hit the port quick and hard and capture it, then they up GVs and hold it for as long as they can. Meanwhile another half dozen guys are scoring the enemy sea lanes looking for the CV. after 30-40 minutes it's found and buffs are dispatched. 15 minutes later, it's sunk, and 30 minutes later it respawns IF they still hold the port. Now 2 hours have been used to GET the CV and now you wait until it can steam into position for an attack.

None of this even remotely looks like a furball yet it ALL has to be to get one started. Heaven forbid you only log on for an hour or two, you'll NEVER get it close.

People play the game many ways and I'm all for that, it is why HTC put all that stuff in there. However, hiding a CV is a quick easy way to grab, and KEEP with out defending a base counted toward the "win da warz". You sya "you want the CV defend it", I say you want to hide the CV then defend the port. If the port is taken back and the enemy doesn't fight to get it back they don't get to hide the CV and it automatically reverts to the new owner of the port. Same principle.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »
Not only that but the CV is represnting captured equipment. Without a source of spare parts and ammunition (ie, that captured port) you can't use it. If the enemy takes their port back (and cuts off you're supply of spare parts and ammunition for the CV) then eventually it just stops functioning.

Granted all our CV's are the same (the same ship infact), they (should) represent a different different county's ships, using its own calibers, equipment, etc.

thats not to say you just have to capture an enemy port and *poof* you get their Cv 1-2 hrs later. Since its their CV origionally, they have the parts and ammunition to keep it operating, so you still have to sink it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:01:44 PM by Tank-Ace »