Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16308 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
Isn't misuse of mass reporting to induce a mute against the rules?

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:39 AM »
lol, and it was in response to Agent360's assertion that we "weren't about taking bases and winning the war".  Read the thread!!!

OMG really. Listen to MY words. I said "you guys are the base taking squad." Have you wathce the film.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2011, 12:29:53 AM »
DMGOD wrote
Are you serious? You think we don’t show the enemy side where the CV’s are when we show all the other fields is because we expect people to jump sides and tell their old country where the CV”s are?

If you really thought it was perfectly OK did you announce it on channel 200? I assume you see CV locations stated on 200 almost every hour or so? 2nd using the excuse that other people did it is obviously an invalid argument.

I may be wrong but my guess is your side owned the port and wanted to capture the CV. You didn’t know where it was so you cheated and changed sides to find it. And you really believe this is perfectly ok?

Noir wrote
It is very related to text channel. Or did DMGOD not use chat to tell his country where things were. The point is you must SEE some one typing it to report them, not just suspect them.

It is 100% the same as typing on open channel when and where a  mission is launching. So why have any fog of war if it is completely legit to tell everyone what the other side is doing?

PJ Godzilla wrote

Yes, it is why the CV’s are not show to enemy countries. Fairly obvious I would say. But then again, Ive never seen in a rule in a book of poker, that you can not look at the other mans cards when he is away getting a bear.

HiTech

I rest my case
vNucks

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2011, 12:37:06 AM »
I rest my case

You seem to think this quote is related to hiding CV's.

It is not. This goes to those who would switch after 1 hour to kill the cv who are IN ACTION

Our situation is not the same.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »
I think CV hiders would probably be cool with being able to hide all their other bases also.

I actually wonder if it's been wished for.. "once you capture a base, there should be a way for it not to show up on the map!!!"

LOL

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:59 AM »
There are a bunch of CV hiding pansies, but CV hiding pansies = $15.

In game - Assi      JG2

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
You seem to think this quote is related to hiding CV's.

It is not. This goes to those who would switch after 1 hour to kill the cv who are IN ACTION

Our situation is not the same.

This quote is related to your admitted experiment of switching sides for the purpose of disclosing the cv's location to the enemy... In HiTech's words "cheating".
vNucks

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »
This quote is related to your admitted experiment of switching sides for the purpose of disclosing the cv's location to the enemy... In HiTech's words "cheating".

OMG you must really be an idiot.

I did not switch sides. I was already bish when I logged on as saw the hidden carriers. It was about hiding them....NOT switching sides to find them.

Can you really be that stupid.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13:50 AM »
OMG you must really be an idiot.

I did not switch sides. I was already bish when I logged on as saw the hidden carriers. It was about hiding them....NOT switching sides to find them.

Can you really be that stupid.

Okay, you obviously want to make this a personal flamebait.  You, for the self-stated purpose of revenge, figuratively showed one poker players cards to another for the purpose of yielding an advantage to the opponent.  Perhaps it isn't stated in any rulebook anywhere, but who in the name of fair play wouldn't consider this cheating?  If you were playing poker at my table, I suggest that every player at the table, including myself would shoot you dead on the spot.

IMHO, anything less than permanently banning you from playing poker at my table would be be a crime, and frankly escaping with your life would be a gift.  I pray you accept your gift graciously, and learn from the experience.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:16:40 AM by vNUCKS »
vNucks

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »
Okay, you obviously want to make this a personal flamebait.  You, for the self-stated purpose of revenge, figuratively showed one poker players cards to another for the purpose of yielding an advantage to the opponent.  Perhaps it isn't stated in any rulebook anywhere, but who in the name of fair play wouldn't consider this cheating?  If you were playing poker at my table, I suggest that every player at the table, including myself would shoot you dead on the spot.

IMHO, anything less than permanently banning you from playing poker at my table would be be a crime, and frankly escaping with your life would be a gift.  I pray you accept your gift graciously, and learn from the experience.

You vagGUYS are hopeless.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »
To me the bottom line here is that as long as HTC wants things to be they are, they'll stay the way they are.  In my opinion hiding carriers is at least slightly underhanded and definitely very annoying if it's your country's boat that got hidden.

There are a few things that I don't really like that get done with carriers.  I'll list a few below.
-  Using them to attack a vehicle base
-  Guys who launch inside the radar ring of a base that a group of guys are waiting patiently to launch together on.
-  Guys who piss and moan for getting it too close to a pt spawn.  Regardless of whether or not the enemy base can launch PT boats or arm them with torpedos.
-  Guys who jump a mission by 5 minutes in order to take down the shore battery but fail to realize that they're alerting the enemy needlessly.
-  Guys who get booted from your squad while you have a cv mission posted turning the boat once the mission launches (this is funny afterward though).
-  Guys who use HE rounds instead of AA to shoot at aircraft in order to "see the tracers"
-  Guys who during a naval artillery barrage on an unattended enemy CV launch planes causing the enemy group to be alerted.
-  Guys who during a naval artillery barrage on an unattended enemy CV who insist on hitting the carrier instead of the cruiser first.

All this being said, people who play aces high will always develop their own idea as to how the game should be played.  Other players will certainly play differently and also develop a different code of ethics to play by.   

What works best for me when I don't approve  of what someone else is doing is to just let it go.  I'll try to explain my reasoning to them in some cases but Dad taught me a long time ago that there is no point in looking up the bellybutton of a dead horse.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »

so what your saying is if this was like a poker game, you and your friends would shoot him for 'cheating"  Really? over a game, wow you sound stable   :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
What are you girls fighting about over the INTERNET? -_-

If you dislike one squad because they swarm a field.....what the hell do you want them to do? Join the squad and not work together? We've all said: "It's my $14.95, I'll play the way I want." - now quit being a hypocrite and let them play the way they want. If you find a squad rolling bases in high number, take some damn initiative, quit crying like a kid who got their toy taken away, up with YOUR squad from another field and dive in on them.....

Good God Almighty.....I've never seen such grown children in my LIFE.

Now, be good boys and girls and go hop in your planes and shoot at each other....or don't. It's your $14.95.

Hell do like I do and be canon fodder. It still helps the team by dragging dumb dumbs after me.

------------

As for my view on CV hiding: It's lame, but I don't cry about it. If I want to take a base sooooo bad I'll up some buffs or ask for a, Chewie mission. Ask that they please put the CV into use, that you plan on upping from it once it reaches range etc. I've noticed most people hide CV's because it's pointless to send it into action when the chance of it actually being used is |_| this big. Let them know you plan on using it and most of the time they'll drive it wherever you need it.

It's just everyone on here is so busy being a hard@-$$ that they forget that a simple PLEASE works wonders.
 :salute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:42:55 AM by MarineUS »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2011, 03:33:39 AM »
so what your saying is if this was like a poker game, you and your friends would shoot him for 'cheating"  Really? over a game, wow you sound stable   :aok

Did you miss the word "figuratively", for crying out loud, how incredibly petty are these minions?  Are you really that dense, or are you just so arrogant that you think everyone else is?
vNucks

Offline sidey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2011, 05:37:57 AM »
To me the bottom line here is that as long as HTC wants things to be they are, they'll stay the way they are.

HTC too lazy to change it ?

Enjoy it while you can.

GFC RIP HTC
~~RAW PRAWNS~~

"No Thrills for the Cautious"