Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16338 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »
How about if you capture the home port of a CV, it gives up the location of that CV?

You'd still have to go to great lengths to fly across the map and sink it, so not an easy 'poof' return.
It would add some extra incentive to defend the port when the CV was at sea, even when it wasn't being hidden, to keep it's loaction secret when it's in route to a fight.
It would still allow for strategic 'moving' of the CV to keep it fom falling into enemy hands, just not 'hiding'.
would end the need for 'spying' to find it, because capturing the port would locate it.

Fun for all?  :salute

That's not bad at all...  One possible tweak-  Maybe instead of giving an exact location, it just shows the sector it's in with a 'C' in the top right, or turns the sector a different color?  It would add some hunting for it instead of laserlike precision on the location.

I really like this.  Maybe wishlist it?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
That's not bad at all...  One possible tweak-  Maybe instead of giving an exact location, it just shows the sector it's in with a 'C' in the top right, or turns the sector a different color?  It would add some hunting for it instead of laserlike precision on the location.

I really like this.  Maybe wishlist it?

Wiley.

Ok I'll post it over there. I'll include your suggestion as well.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Did you miss the word "figuratively", for crying out loud, how incredibly petty are these minions?  Are you really that dense, or are you just so arrogant that you think everyone else is?

sorry dense is the aguement your bringing forth to justify taking the carriers to end of the world. so far away even your own country can't use them.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
The underlying issue appears to be - Why should 1 squad (regardless of who they are) dictate how assets in game are used.

This is wrong (imo), everyone should have access to all assets, to utilise them to increase the value of game play. Personally I like attacking/defending carrier strikes on bases and other cv's.

Who is anyone to tell me (I pays my $15 same as everyone else) that I cant use that cv as its detrimental to the "war effort"?

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »
Swing and a miss son,,,,,how is hiding a cv a negative for all players. Remove the tools of war form the other side 1/2 the battle won.

Hawker , when the CV is so far away even players wanting to use it can't because of it's postion or someone has control over it and won't release it so YOU can use it, that is a negative for the country who now possesses it, why prevent your own countrymen from using it, it's not just their CV group.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
The underlying issue appears to be - Why should 1 squad (regardless of who they are) dictate how assets in game are used.

This is wrong (imo), everyone should have access to all assets, to utilise them to increase the value of game play. Personally I like attacking/defending carrier strikes on bases and other cv's.

Who is anyone to tell me (I pays my $15 same as everyone else) that I cant use that cv as its detrimental to the "war effort"?

Wurz

1 Squad doesn't, its whoever has the "lowest" score in the country, which ultimately is someone who only plays to impress the Pizza Faces.

JG 52

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »
This might help them VNucks :rofl

VTards are not solely to blame.  Hawkeri  was wrestling for CV control with me so he could keep it in the top corner haha

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »
VTards are not solely to blame.  Hawkeri  was wrestling for CV control with me so he could keep it in the top corner haha

lol now his arguement makes sense   :rofl

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
Clarification noted Butcher - not finger pointing, just curious as to who thinks its reasonable to stop all assets being used as designed as it doesn't fit in with their "strategy" or "win the war effort".

I have no particular dog in this hunt, but find it odd that people think that way when everybody pays to play the game is all.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
lol now his arguement makes sense   :rofl

He then went on to accuse me of being a SPY :eek:  via pm lol

Offline LTARifle

• Zinc Member
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
That CV is 9 sectors from 86 it took 9 hours to get there. Hmm seems to me people will fly that far to get to 30k to pork towns in buffs but NOOOO I'm not going up there for a stinking CV. :cry
If you want it go get it. If not well you don't deserve it then. :neener:
Oh please make it on easy on me I don't want to work for it. :cry
I'm not going up buffs and go looking I'm going to the Boards and complain. :cry
RIP Mac

566 SHAP Red Storm
II/JG27 Final Battle
98 Squadron Enemy Coast Ahead
aka Drephus 65th Fs and SWrifle 125th Spartans

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
He then went on to accuse me of being a SPY :eek:  via pm lol

I did? you PM'ed me, I said you'll just tell them anyway......never ever PM'ed you and NEVER called you a spy. Get you facts right :salute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:36:37 PM by HawkerMKII »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »
Clarification noted Butcher - not finger pointing, just curious as to who thinks its reasonable to stop all assets being used as designed as it doesn't fit in with their "strategy" or "win the war effort".

I have no particular dog in this hunt, but find it odd that people think that way when everybody pays to play the game is all.

Wurz

I don't really I careless if Bishops want to hide CV's and NOE all day long, its their style of fighting. Everyone pays $15 to play the game how they want to play, for example I know of quite a few V-guys that have left the squad due to fact they don't want to spend their money NOE'ing and porking bases.

I spent my $15 watching others argue about others hiding CV's - its jerry springer without having to pay for cable.
JG 52

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
How about if you capture the home port of a CV, it gives up the location of that CV?

You'd still have to go to great lengths to fly across the map and sink it, so not an easy 'poof' return.
It would add some extra incentive to defend the port when the CV was at sea, even when it wasn't being hidden, to keep it's loaction secret when it's in route to a fight.
It would still allow for strategic 'moving' of the CV to keep it fom falling into enemy hands, just not 'hiding'.
would end the need for 'spying' to find it, because capturing the port would locate it.

Fun for all?  :salute

Though sometimes the cv is close at hand and fighting. Maybe only give up the location if it is over a certain distance from the port. That way if it is a little closer it still requires a bit of hunting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
Though sometimes the cv is close at hand and fighting. Maybe only give up the location if it is over a certain distance from the port. That way if it is a little closer it still requires a bit of hunting.

I think simply highlighting the sector that it is in would be enough.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder