Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16305 times)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »
With the amount of shades in the game as it is, are we really going to accuse someone of switching sides (for what 12 hours?) to disclose the location of an enemy cv?

Gimmie a break, I seen enough shades find CV's in the middle of no where and have Lancstukas at 10k on a perfect line for it. True some parents have their kids play, I know a few legit people that play Aces High, however you can't count for everyone.

On a side note-
Given the Muppet's routinely switch sides, if you really think they are giving away the location of a CV, it clearly shows you never entered a Furball, as that's all they do is find a fight. They careless about your little "war" and "CV" rather they want some competition and Action.

Sorry the Muppet's don't show up as Hangers so you can kamikaze into them, otherwise you'd never know they existed.

Butcher, read the thread. In it Agent360 admits in both text and film that he gave away the location of multiple cv's.  Nobody accused him of doing it, and I don't think he did it, I know he did it.  

On a side note-

I quoted HiTech himself that "hiding cv's is a legitimate tactic".  Furthermore, he has also stated that revealing the location of cv's to the enemy,  is akin to looking at another poker players cards when he gets up to get a bear [sic].  It isn't written in the rules of poker, but we all know that would be cheating.  Also, he insisted that he would mute a player if they admitted to doing so, to which DMGOD (to his credit) confessed, and was in turn muted.

HiTech has also stated, that claiming others break the rules is no defense for breaking the rules yourself.

In summary, you can choose to agree or disagree with how a cv gets used. I agree that ideally this should be determined by the consensus of the country that controls it, but ultimately its use falls to the decision of the highest ranking player in that country at that time.  What happened here, is that 1 player didn't like the rules, disregarded them, and did exactly the opposite of what undoubtedly the majority of his countrymen wanted.

The absurd hypocrisy that has permeated this thread is that somehow breaking the rules improves gameplay for everyone.  We could argue all day as to whether and which rules are fair, improve gameplay, promote combat etc etc. etc.  But to what end?  HiTech has stated position, and the buck stops there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:12:43 PM by vNUCKS »
vNucks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

Sad to do that in a game just because you can't defend it....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »

And yet, we got it how? How sad indeed.
vNucks

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »
Butcher, read the thread. In it Agent360 admits in both text and film that he gave away the location of multiple cv's.  Nobody accused him of doing it, and I don't think he did it, I know he did it.  

On a side note-

I quoted HiTech himself that "hiding cv's is a legitimate tactic".  Furthermore, he has also stated that revealing the location of cv's to the enemy,  is akin to looking at another poker players cards when he gets up to get a bear [sic].  It isn't written in the rules of poker, but we all know that would be cheating.  Also, he insisted that he would mute a player if they admitted to doing so, to which DMGOD (to his credit) confessed, and was in turn muted.

HiTech has also stated, that claiming others break the rules is no defense for breaking the rules yourself.

In summary, you can choose to agree or disagree with how a cv gets used. I agree that ideally this should be determined by the consensus of the country that controls it, but ultimately its use falls to the decision of the highest ranking player in that country at that time.  What happened here, is that 1 player didn't like the rules, disregarded them, and did exactly the opposite of what undoubtedly the majority of his countrymen wanted.

The absurd hypocrisy that has permeated this thread is that somehow breaking the rules improves gameplay for everyone.  We could argue all day as to whether and which rules are fair, improve gameplay, promote combat etc etc. etc.  But to what end?  HiTech has stated position, and the buck stops there.

Nucks, not having a dig at you........yes, its a legitimate tactic, but what gives any person/squad the right to deny the use of the cv's to countrymates - purely because it doesn't fit in with their strategic/tactical doctrine?

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »
Nucks, not having a dig at you........yes, its a legitimate tactic, but what gives any person/squad the right to deny the use of the cv's to countrymates - purely because it doesn't fit in with their strategic/tactical doctrine?

Wurz

Nothing, but if you read the thread you'll discover that it wasn't one person or one squad that did this.  But ulimately the rules of the game do cede control of cv's to the highest ranking players in the game.

Wurz, not having a dig at you.... what gives any person the right to deny the possession of the cv's to their countymates - purely because it doesn't fit in with their strategic/tactical doctrine?
vNucks

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
Imo, nothing - everyone, on every country, should have access to all implements of war - cv's included. Having 1 person or squad deny access to anything because it doesn't fit in with what that person/squad is doing or thinking, is bs of the highest degree basically.

Sure, go and hide them, but if I/anyone wants to use them for an attack etc, let em go ahead with it. Its not your (figuratively speaking, not you personally) or anyone else's personal sandpit.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
Imo, nothing - everyone, on every country, should have access to all implements of war - cv's included. Having 1 person or squad deny access to anything because it doesn't fit in with what that person/squad is doing or thinking, is bs of the highest degree basically.

Sure, go and hide them, but if I/anyone wants to use them for an attack etc, let em go ahead with it. Its not your (figuratively speaking, not you personally) or anyone else's personal sandpit.

Wurz

I absolutely agree with you, and a group of my countrymen larger than me (in fact, I only logged on after their location had been revealed), and larger than my squad had made and implemented this decision.  And yet 1 person chose to deny them to his countrymates because it didn't fit in with what that person was doing or thinking. 
vNucks

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »

In summary, you can choose to agree or disagree with how a cv gets used. I agree that ideally this should be determined by the consensus of the country that controls it, but ultimately its use falls to the decision of the highest ranking player in that country at that time.  What happened here, is that 1 player didn't like the rules, disregarded them, and did exactly the opposite of what undoubtedly the majority of his countrymen wanted.

yeah right....I do not remember seeing a vote for this....perhaps it was through an internal memo.....I have in the past wanted to use a CV for squad ops and continually had it turned away by you guys...and this attitude of yours has got right up my nose...the bad part in all this...you guys do have some decent guys within your squad but this is just destroying them in my mind...you guys know who you are.....If I want to use it you guys always say waa waa  no it will die blah de blah...well guess what I defend bases while you and your cronies try take them.....I ..plus others can stop 2-3 base takes whilst your big green dar tries for one..and all you want is more people to jump (mind you  you do appeal to many...the safe ones) in all the time then woop woop after  a take..geeze man the few guys I hang with have taken 2 bases to your 1 on many occasions...This has truly turned into a bad state...Many here try to keep this different from other games but you seem intent (by your comments)to continually drag it into XBoxPlaystation status.... take bases by all means but try show a little respect for others on your side too.....

well this typing thing really doesn't do it for me..I prefer face to face debates so I will just shut up and step up within game. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:45:08 PM by SPKmes »

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
get rid of score for control of CV's and make it mandatory that the person has to be on the carrier for control.  ps... i will post this is wishlist as well.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »

yeah right....I do not remember seeing a vote for this....perhaps it was through an internal memo.....I have in the past wanted to use a CV for squad ops and continually had it turned away by you guys...and this attitude of yours has got right up my nose...the bad part in all this...you guys do have some decent guys within your squad but this is just destroying them in my mind...you guys know who you are.....If I want to use it you guys always say waa waa  no it will die blah de blah...well guess what I defend bases while you and your cronies try take them.....I ..plus others can stop 2-3 base takes whilst your big green dar tries for one..and all you want is more people to jump (mind you  you do appeal to many...the safe ones) in all the time then woop woop after  a take..geeze man the few guys I hang with have taken 2 bases to your 1 on many occasions...This has truly turned into a bad state...Many here try to keep this different from other games but you seem intent (by your comments)to continually drag it into XBoxPlaystation status.... take bases by all means but try show a little respect for others on your side too.....

well this typing thing really doesn't do it for me..I prefer face to face debates so I will just shut up and step up within game.  

Do you really expect any reasonable person to believe that a majority of his countrymen wanted him to reveal the location of the cv's to the enemy?  

Though I can explain the reasoning used to hide a cv, if you take the time to read this thread you will discover that I do not personally advocate hiding them.  Regardless as to whether I like to hide them or not, HiTech has specifically stated that doing so is a legitimate tactic.  Furthermore, Hitech has written a system of rules that are embedded in the game, and that apply equally to every player, squad and country in the game.  There is absolutely nothing that I or my squad can do with a cv, that any individual or squad cannot also do.  Whether I like the rules or not is irrelevant, whether I like how those results affect gameplay is irrelevant.  If you take the time to read the thread, you will discover that I personally prefer a different method of dealing with cv's.  However, what I like isn't what is at issue.

In this thread are 2 very vocal members of our community that not only admit, but proclaim that they have broken the rules of the game.  Essentially insisting and demonstrating through their actions that they are above the rules that the vast majority of our community accept whether we like them or not.

Personally, I don't like all the rules of the game, but I do like it when everyone follows them.  Personally, I don't like hiding cv's, but it comes with the rules of the game.  Personally, I don't like how everyone plays the game.  But really, do you think I have any illusions that you or anyone else is going to change how they play their game just because I don't like it?  As to how others play within the rules within of the game really isn't something I have any control over, whether I like it or not.

The only big decision I have to make regarding the rules of the game, is whether I intend to follow them. And the only influence I have on how others play the game, is to offer suggestions for improving/changing the rules of the game.  

For those that seem to think they can improve/change the players, how's that working for you?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:07:17 PM by vNUCKS »
vNucks

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
get rid of score for control of CV's and make it mandatory that the person has to be on the carrier for control.  ps... i will post this is wishlist as well.
 I think this  is  a pretty  good  Idea, maybe not ON the carrier but  certainly within 2-3 sectors and  if they are in a tower for more than 20 mins they lose control of that carrier, as to having  1 country control the port and 1 country control the cv I agree  with the timer rule. If a country  Has  control of the port and the cv  then no timer. If  a country wants to hide its carrier  off  in the  boonies and   lose that offensive tool so be it. Then again I don't  expect  anyone to  change their way of doing things , simply  because someone  says  something on these forums, if  anything  it will only  make them want to  "rebel" against  anybody else's  "suggestions"  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:11:58 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »
get rid of score for control of CV's and make it mandatory that the person has to be on the carrier for control.  ps... i will post this is wishlist as well.

Not too sure about getting rid of score control, but having the commander on board should be mandatory.

Vguy keeps stating that HT says hiding CVs is a valid tactic. Frankly that doesn't mean much to me coming from a guy who also endorses another dweeby "tactic" vulching.

His game he can condone anything he likes.

His endorsement doesn't make it any less dweebish.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
Not too sure about getting rid of score control, but having the commander on board should be mandatory.

Vguy keeps stating that HT says hiding CVs is a valid tactic. Frankly that doesn't mean much to me coming from a guy who also endorses another dweeby "tactic" vulching.

His game he can condone anything he likes.

His endorsement doesn't make it any less dweebish.

Now how could I vulch after we dropped all the hangers?  ROFLMAO,  Please show me where I have ever endorsed this.
vNucks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »

You don't know how you got it?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »

You don't know how you got it?

Yeah, sadly they couldn't defend it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:37:58 PM by vNUCKS »
vNucks