Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16395 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
It was a hyperbole. *face palm*
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
I will fly 300 miles to shoot down any enemy who leave the map or who suddenly appear far from action.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »
I will fly 300 miles to shoot down any enemy who leave the map or who suddenly appear far from action.
If that means you will move your parked aircraft from flashing Bish strats I am all for it. :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #333 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »
I was just trying to find who on my side was directing enemy planes directly to the green dots.

Thanks for playing.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
I was just trying to find who on my side was directing enemy planes directly to the green dots.

Thanks for playing.

Did lyric find you pretty quickly?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »
Did lyric find you pretty quickly?

Yes.......he found me and that led to his dying.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:52:49 PM by icepac »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:25 AM »
Yes.......he found me and that led to his dying.

Did he see you or did he know where you were?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »
Yes.....beelined straight to my position without any search pattern action from where my film picks him up at 9k out............no search pattern in the relatively large area I could have been or even banking to look until in my immediate area.

Last night, skyryder and myself searched for someone who was flashing our HQ and we performed a search pattern which took more than a few passes right over the con until the eventual finding and killing of Fbcrabby.

To his credit, FBcrabby is an intrepid individual who has pulled off some amazing things in AH and he actually shot all the ack out of the HQ so he could hide among the buildings.

It took a while to find him.

Unlike lyric 1, I performed a search pattern, enjoyed it, and survived finding the enemy........though skyryder was the killer in this one.

What's interesting is that in all of my tank missions to the strats or HQ, nobody has ever beelined me.

The three times I flown to the strats NOE in a plane, one plane has always beelined me......even when the strats/HQ is not flashing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:55:19 AM by icepac »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »
Yes.....beelined straight to my position without any search pattern action from where my film picks him up at 9k out............no search pattern in the relatively large area I could have been or even banking to look until in my immediate area.

Last night, skyryder and myself searched for someone who was flashing our HQ and we performed a search pattern which took more than a few passes right over the con until the eventual finding and killing of Fbcrabby.

To his credit, FBcrabby is an intrepid individual who has pulled off some amazing things in AH and he actually shot all the ack out of the HQ so he could hide among the buildings.

It took a while to find him.

Unlike lyric 1, I performed a search pattern, enjoyed it, and survived finding the enemy........though skyryder was the killer in this one.

What's interesting is that in all of my tank missions to the strats or HQ, nobody has ever beelined me.

The three times I flown to the strats NOE in a plane, one plane has always beelined me......even when the strats/HQ is not flashing.

How is the person directing him? how do they know where you are? If you're on the ground you don't show up on the map. If he's in icon range to see you , you'd see him.  Just wondering.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
If that means you will move your parked aircraft from flashing Bish strats I am all for it. :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Roflmao
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »

Thanks for playing.

LOL more humor to make my Monday morning at work better.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2011, 03:57:43 PM »
How is the person directing him? how do they know where you are? If you're on the ground you don't show up on the map. If he's in icon range to see you , you'd see him.  Just wondering.  :salute

In your opinion, did lyric have a spy and was he cheating?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »

Yea, I don't get it either. You cant magically go look at your own strats without flying there and looking, so why would some "spy" direct someone else to go kill him when he could just kill him himself?  :headscratch:

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
A plane generates a green dot on friendly dar at all times and all altitudes........... whether in flight or on the ground.

A tank does not.

This might be why nobody has beelined straight toward my location in the 50 or more times I have driven to enemy strats/HQ in a tank.

In all my times of parking a plane in enemy territory whether flashing fields or not, a plane eventually beelines straight to my location.

In your opinion, did lyric have a spy and was he cheating?

I'm just telling you how it happened.

You can draw your own conclusions but I would need to fly a bunch more of these missions before I would make an accusation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:22:11 PM by icepac »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:22 PM »
Please, will you very bad people stop gaming the gamer while he is gaming with epic gameyness.

I'm on your side Icepak.  Those are very bad people.  Maybe we could have a few guys "land on mountaintops" and sit for hours waiting for them to go by trying to find you.
Wag more, bark less.