Author Topic: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it  (Read 6021 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: I HATE PUFFY FLAK COADING and refuse to fly in areas that have it
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2011, 08:32:03 PM »
Unfortunately, yes. :( I keep meaning to put in a money order... never got around to it. How long do you think it would take for a piece of mail to get from Toronto to Fort Worth?

Depends on the size of the package you ordered/sent...should be in, in a couple of days..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
It's just an envelope-- cash.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
It's just an envelope-- cash.

that'll probably do, your product should be close to the real thing...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Yes. And I've seen some of the world. Who says I spend 24 hours a day in-game or on the computer? I've gone to college, I've gone to crappy countries, I've explored caves.
If I spent the last 10 years of my life on AH every single day I'm pretty sure my K/D wouldn't be where it's at.

Yes. Me playing a game since I was 11 means I've never experienced anything other than AH.  :aok

As for my large amount of time on the board lately - would you want to roll around in a wheel chair in 100 degree heat with 95% humidity? Georgia weather sucks.
I was talking to the current 9 year old....the math didn't escape me with regard to your age.  Sorry for the confusion.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
Dude, there's a 9 year old who plays in-game right now. Amazing!

What was your handle?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »
I just flew a spit XIV over the city at 37,000 feet and got killed by the first ack barrage.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »
What was your handle?
I've had several handles over the years.
MADDOG4U
LtWolfe
CptWolfe (I think I used that one here  :rolleyes: )
WFCxPyro

annnnnd I think that MIGHT be all of them.  (This isn't the first time someone's gotten all @#$(_ over how long I've really been here. Look me up though.  :aok ).
The latest one of those should show up could possibly be 2002 (There are photos at my parents house of me playing AH on our old computer marked with 2002 on the corner.).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:53:15 AM by MarineUS »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »
Chalk one up to Skuzzy's sick sense of humor.

I'm at 9k, beyond icon range of a CV. Suddenly there is a bang, I'm wounded and the windscreen is covered in blood and oil. This is my first indication that puffy ack is shooting at me. After this puffy ack begins to puff around me. So very first puffy ack shot wounds me and oils the engine. What are the chances of this?

Let's discuss real world. So a plane shows up long range and the very first 40mm round down range wounds the plane and pilot. The next 100 plus rounds miss entirely. Yes, in the real world this happens. It would happen about as often as winning the lottery, except in this game. Seems to happen about 1 out of 20 times.

Bottom line, the coding sucks and flying around a CV means you are going to be killed. Skill doesn't matter. I grew up in Vegas and these are mafia style odds. Needs to be changed.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
Dude, CV puffy ack is 127mm, not 40mm. Strat and HQ puffy are 88mm and 105mm.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
Dude, CV puffy ack is 127mm, not 40mm. Strat and HQ puffy are 88mm and 105mm.

Yes Dude, CVs have 127 mm guns on them, or not. Standard weapon is 5" and 40mm. Considering the volume, though does it really matter? So if its 127mm the modeling is ok? If its 40mm its not? And should the puffy ack be identical at long range versus 3001 off the deck?

Also, who shot 105mm AAA during the war? US was a 75/76mm.

Boo

No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
The strat puffy ack is from German 88mm FlaK 36 and 105mm FlaK 38 cannons. CV puffy is from U.S. 127mm (5") Dual Purpose guns.

Let's discuss real world. So a plane shows up long range and the very first 40mm round down range wounds the plane and pilot. The next 100 plus rounds miss entirely.
40mm doesn't fire puffy ack, it just fires a high explosive shell like the cannons on your aircraft.

US used 3" (76.2mm), 90mm, and 120mm AAA as well, by the way  :aok.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"