Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23123 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
I was taking a look at it, but I'm not finished it. It usage was cut down significantly and it did "lose" about 1/3rd of it's pilots per tour, but it's still the premier tank buster along with the A-20.
Also keep in mind it was not only removal of F3 what had a big impact on the usage, but also the fact that the Il is now tied to the FH, greatly reducing it's usage as a last-ditch field defense fighter when FH's go down.

How many fighter kills it got per change vs. now would be a relevant stat. It is a sad side effect that it has to be tied to the FH only.
Who is John Galt?

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »
While I don't think the spixteen should be perked since in the hands of a noob it gives them a decent chance at survival, I do believe that it, along with other 'state of the art' aircraft should be tied to large airfields that could support the upkeep and maintenance of such planes.  A list of aircraft I believe should be large field only are:

B-29
AR234
ME262
Spitfire XIV and XVI
Tempest
Ta152
(ME163 excluded for obvious reasons)

These aircraft in my opinion were seen less in conflict, and had smaller theatres of operation due to the fact that they were new, required a lot of logistical support, and in instances of the B-29, 234 and 262 simply couldn't take off from many air fields.  There are a ton of things this could help effect in game play from the realism side of fuel consumption and throttle control to the tactical side of making certain fields worth more and actually worth attacking or defending.

Flame on...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
B-29
AR234
ME262
Spitfire XIV and XVI
Tempest
Ta152
(ME163 excluded for obvious reasons)

These aircraft in my opinion were seen less in conflict, and had smaller theatres of operation due to the fact that they were new, required a lot of logistical support, and in instances of the B-29, 234 and 262 simply couldn't take off from many air fields.  There are a ton of things this could help effect in game play from the realism side of fuel consumption and throttle control to the tactical side of making certain fields worth more and actually worth attacking or defending.

Flame on...

Well I would think that if someone wants to up a B29 from a forward base they are spending the perks so why not let them up where they want. Majority of the time its from some base next to HQ so they can climb out to 30k anyway.

Honestly if I am going to spend 250 perks for a 262 might as well be where ever I want, I run the risk of losing it.
JG 52

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »
Well I would think that if someone wants to up a B29 from a forward base they are spending the perks so why not let them up where they want. Majority of the time its from some base next to HQ so they can climb out to 30k anyway.

Honestly if I am going to spend 250 perks for a 262 might as well be where ever I want, I run the risk of losing it.

Yeah, I feel the same way about spending 40 on a 163...  so why only one base?

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »
Yeah, I feel the same way about spending 40 on a 163...  so why only one base?

Because having a rocket plane that can go from 0-30k in 60 seconds (I'm just kidding on that) at every base would ruin the game.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:37 PM »
Because having a rocket plane that can go from 0-30k in 60 seconds (I'm just kidding on that) at every base would ruin the game.

:aok

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:30 PM »

You are only a few minutes off, but I get and agree with the point.  FAST :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
Yes, more people have finally realized that spitfires are dweeb planes and should be left in the hanger, the scrap yard not being modeled yet.

the only dweebs are those that insist on labeling planes "dweeb planes" as there are no dweeb planes, only dweeb pilots.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
the only dweebs are those that insist on labeling planes "dweeb planes" as there are no dweeb planes, only dweeb pilots.

ack-ack

this
-AoM-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
You are correct with that perception. Spitfire usage went down a bit and Pony usage went up.

it all has to do with pony drivers getting mad with spits for killing them.  so they started with the get out of that training plane.  so now everybody flies ponys.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
Spitfires were a vital piece of WW2 history. The LAST place they should be is in the hanger. Fighting against them in the game is a great way to improve your game. If I were British they'd be my plane of choice.  :aok
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »

ack-ack

Lighten up. Not that difficult to tell I was joking. While I dislike spitfires, particularly when they run to ack, I don't think they're ready for the scrap heap.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
"Hordes of uber Spits zinging around"....

P-51D anyone? ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Note the Spit XIV in red. All other perk planes are way off chart to the right :D)

I <3 your charts.  Sorry to hijack, but Lusche, there has been a strong growing trend in the usage/popularity of the Dora in the past year, hasn't there?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »
I think it more that they get tired of chasing the runners, so they switch to a plane that can go faster.     :bolt:

Fred

this - I love the LA7 as it is, but I tend to go for it more and more because I up to defend and instead get a runner (47, Dora, 51s mostly) - and I have to chase it down. . .even if it takes the whole damned tank.

But I agree - there are no easy/hard - dweeb/elite planes - just good and bad pilots.

And no complaint here - I like chasing things  :huh
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:41:42 PM by Ruah »

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
But I agree - there are no easy/hard - dweeb/elite planes - just good and bad pilots.

That is a demonstrably false statement. While there are good and bad pilots, there are also universally agreed upon characteristics/traits that make some planes far easier than others.

It is a fact. Some planes allow you to do more with less input and no penalty. Lesser skilled pilots will gravitate toward these "easy" planes for myriad reasons at least for some part of their career in AH. You cannot deny that.

Pretending it's "only the pilot" is foolish and narrow-visioned.