Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23124 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »
That is a demonstrably false statement. While there are good and bad pilots, there are also universally agreed upon characteristics/traits that make some planes far easier than others.

It is a fact. Some planes allow you to do more with less input and no penalty. Lesser skilled pilots will gravitate toward these "easy" planes for myriad reasons at least for some part of their career in AH. You cannot deny that.

Pretending it's "only the pilot" is foolish and narrow-visioned.

Yes we all know your claims of spits with anti grav units.
See Rule #4

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »
Insulting and pedantic as always krusty.

While a good plane can make a good pilot shine, a good pilot can make a mediocre plane shine just as bright. And even the the best plane can't help an incompetent pilot; just look at the Jellyfish (not going tell who it is) infesting Ch 200. He flys an La-7 a lot (one of the best planes in the game despite its reputation), yet hes still not all that much of a threat if you can avoid the long, strait passes he likes to make.

109K4 is a good plane, but its difficult to fly. Takes a good pilot to make it shine. Again, the pilot what makes any plane deadly. Thats not to say a good P-40 pilot will always beat an average Spitfire pilot, but he has a decent chance anyway.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »
Yes, more people have finally realized that spitfires are dweeb planes and should be left in the hanger, the scrap yard not being modeled yet.

I've seen this statement oh, way too many times to count. Any chance you could take a moment and justify the statement? I'm pretty interested in two things really;

1. Dweeb Planes:  True definition in your best words
2. What about the plane makes it less or more desirable to take out of the hanger.

I suspect the true aim of the statement is towards those who game with them but in the interest of fairness it would be nice to see your explanation; if you would. If this has been asked and answered elswhere just let me know, I can search the BBS later.
Thanks
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
I'd rather see a Spit (any mk, any alt) coming my way than a P-51 or 190.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »
Yes we all know your claims of spits with anti grav units.

I'm sorry. I don't feed the trolls.

Insulting and pedantic as always krusty.

I'm not talking spitfires. Any plane. You cannot pin success on the pilot alone. The pilot and the plane combined produce the end result. Saying a good plane makes a bad pilot better, but a good pilot makes a bad plane better is repeating yourself. You cannot separate the 2 halfs of the equation, because both are just as vitally important to the outcome as each other.

A great pilot in a sing Ju88A-4 against an average pilot in a Fw190A8 isn't going to stand a chance. The plane is important. I want to stress that. I'm not saying the pilot is meaningless, I'm simply calling out all those that claim "It's the pilot, not the plane" because that is a false claim.

If it were the pilot, not the plane, we wouldn't have needed anything more than Jenny trainers to win WW2.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
I don't care what plane the nme is in I am fighting it :aok

but I also believe it definitely is not 100% pilot, the plane absolutely has at least 50% equated into the factor of who will win the engagement, maybe even more.

I used to believe it was mostly about who was flying said plane....two equal pilots same alt and E...the one in the lesser plane will lose every time....

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »
I'd rather see a Spit (any mk, any alt) coming my way than a P-51 or 190.
This! Even worse in my mind a corsair
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 04:36:47 PM »
the more people whine about the spit16 the more i want to fly it  :devil

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »

Pretending it's "only the pilot" is foolish and narrow-visioned.

Whether or not a plane is easy to fly or has gentle flight characteristics is actually irrelevant.  As I stated before, there are no dweeb planes, just dweeb pilots.  The La7 doesn't make the pilot fire on a head on pass, the P-51D doesn't force the pilot's nuts to shrivel up and run from a fight.  So, in short, you are incorrect in this regard as "it's the pilot" is very much what it is and definitely not the plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
I think it more that they get tired of chasing the runners, so they switch to a plane that can go faster.     :bolt:

Fred

QFT... at least from my perspective...

Lala = pwnsauce

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »
Your focus on "dweeb" is where you split away from what I was talking about.

I'm not making qualifications like "dweeb" or "elite" -- they have totally subjective connotations.

I'm talking skill and capability, "relatively objective" things (far more objective than "dweeb" and its loaded meaning) that would play a big hand in the outcome of a fight.

The pilot of an I-16 can determine the outcome of a fight, but sometimes the nimbleness of his ride determines what the pilot can and cannot do. Fly a Fw190 like an I-16, and no matter how good a pilot you are you won't turn any tighter than the plane's wing shape and weight will allow. You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
the only dweebs are those that insist on labeling planes "dweeb planes" as there are no dweeb planes, only dweeb pilots.

ack-ack

And the truth shall set you free.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »

And I am not the one that had a bs meter named after me by HT himself. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Spitfire usage went down a bit and Pony usage went up.

Kinda explains the flight modeling of the Ponies as of late.

:noid
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
I've seen this statement oh, way too many times to count. Any chance you could take a moment and justify the statement? I'm pretty interested in two things really;

1. Dweeb Planes:  True definition in your best words
2. What about the plane makes it less or more desirable to take out of the hanger.

1) If I had to define it, I'd say its a plane easy to fly, even for new members, that requires almost no forethought or planning as to the situation before entering an even-numbers engagment at approximatly the same altitude.

But personally, I'd say its more of a state of being on the pilot's part, and that state of being is imparted on the plane. P-51's have a reputation for running, even though some sticks are great fights in the P-51. Niki's have a reputation for ho'ing even though some will never ho.

Spitfire seems to have a reputation for being flown by pilots capable of handling more advanced-level planes, yet that choose to fly the spitfire because it means they don't really have to do any managment of their aircraft.

EDIT: 2) Thats a matter of personal opinion. For some its based purely on preformance and ordnance carrying capability, sentimental for some, ENY for others, etc. For me, I like a plane that takes more skill to fly well, K4 and 190 in particular. I've even started recieving "wow, you're great in that *xy plane*" messages, which has me feeling great.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:53:46 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"