Author Topic: "This Program May Not Have Installed Correctly"  (Read 423 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
"This Program May Not Have Installed Correctly"
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
I get this windows message after every update, Hi Res installation whatever, even though nothing seems wrong. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: "This Program May Not Have Installed Correctly"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »
Just click "This program installed correctly."

I believe you can turn it off in the settings and stuff. Post later when I download the HiRes pack again.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »
going all the way back to when I started using Windows 7 64 bit  during the closed beta of Win7,  Aces High's  hires pkg has always returned this message

do as B-17 suggested, and just click the "This program installed correctly."   choice/selection

all should be fine, least it has been fine for me doing it this way, since like  late 2008/early 2009.........

hope this helps

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »
<-- Win 7 x64, happens 75% of the time for all programs for me.

Windows is just too dumb to know the program ended itself instead of crashed. Hopefully they fix the behavior in upcoming patches/SPs so that this is reduced. Quite annoying. Even happens on MS Windows MPlayer, their own programs, etc. Nothing specific to AH. I just close it out by saying "this has closed properly" every time.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »
Thats what I have been doing, I was just curious if it was just me or if this was happening to others.  Thanks guys.  :salute

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline grimple

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:32:47 PM »
Im just now starting to get AH to work on a new system with Win7. I first installed it an my antivirus said it resembled some virus and win7 told me it didnt install correctly. Was getting a bug with my icon color so i reinstalled and chose the option to reinstall correctly. Bug still there so i disabled my network and reinstalled with anti virus off. Win7 didnt try to tell me that it didnt install properly that time. So maybe the viralscan has something to do with it. Im still trying to work out my icon bug.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »
The problem is Microsoft has decided to drop many functions from the API and these messages are due to Microsoft warning everyone they are going to be doing away with certain functions calls in the future.

We, like everyone else, iare trying to figure out how to install on Windows XP, and Windows 7, without getting those messages.  You see, the API Microsoft wants everyone to use it not available for Windows XP.  Funny that.

For right now, just ignore the warning no matter what application gives it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com