Author Topic: More polls for future additions.  (Read 989 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: More polls for future additions.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »
P61
A26
Beaufighter
Pe2
Tu2
Me410
Yak3

edit: And remodel the 110
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »
g55 fiat
j2m3
mig-3
d520
p-63
ju-52
sm-82
  PLEASE!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »
Bombers/Attack:
   Pe-2
   SM-79
   D4Y Judy
   Beau
   Wellington

Fighters:
   Ki-43
   IAR-81C
   Yak 3
   Ki-45
   Boomerang
   G.55
   Hawk 75

Additions to existing variants:
   Ju-87 G2
   Ju-88 P2
   F4F-3
   F6F-3

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
he111
beaufighter
ki43 oscar
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
I think it was great how we had the poll in which we got the b29.  Could we compile another 3 plane list and do that again?

I disagree...

There were so many more important aircraft than the B29 that should of been added. In addition, the B29 is rarely seen in the MA, and even less in scenarios/FSOs.

I can't believe I am in favor of this, but I'd rather have HTC choose the next aircraft while quietly skimming over the Wishlist in here. Not only will it cut down on the production delay whines, but the community has well established it only wants the 'higher, faster, better guns/bombs' aircraft.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »
You mean redundant, LW allied aircraft? I have a feeling if HTC were to put it on a poll, we would get another spitfire for our next addition.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
Some time ago, they leaked that they would be adding more ground vehicles.   I think this is one area where, it would be wise to let the developers decide what additions are next to appear.  This does not ignore wishlist requests, but rather allows them to prioritize as they see fit.  So, I see nothing wrong with placing requests for whatever, as long as we realize that we do not need to vote on every single change. 

My wish still goes out to revamping the perk system to allow use of the additional items.  Otherwise, self prophecized hanger queens are being delivered.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
You mean redundant, LW allied aircraft? I have a feeling if HTC were to put it on a poll, we would get another spitfire for our next addition.

As opposed to LW redundant Axis aircraft like the Me-410?  Sheesh the whiner ratio in here gets worse every month.
No matter what gets added, it's a good thing, period.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »
NO!  the last poll got us the "underused overated" b29

:P

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
Me-410 would give us a good straffer aircraft to compete with the Il-2. It would likely replace the Il-2 has the top tank killer.

Also, most of my recent requests have been for entirely new stuff.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »
No more polls. It's not a good system. You have 8 choices, fine... Narrow it down to 6, okay, now the person that didn't want anything but one of the now-eliminated planes is padding another score. That choice is then eliminiated, and now peoples votes get funneled down tighter and tighter to a small 2-4 options that these people may never have wanted in the first place, and yet they vote. Jus the fact they voted doesn't mean they want it. It means they picked one for the sake of participating.

I say no more polls. Just work on all the original poll options that had the most public interest before they were repeatedly narrowed down. Work on all of those first!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
I was certain I was going to get a lot of heat for my dislike of aircraft polls.

I'm amazed that so many of you agreed with me, including Krusty!  Never in a million years did I think that was going to happen.  :angel:
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
I disagree...

There were so many more important aircraft than the B29 that should of been added. In addition, the B29 is rarely seen in the MA, and even less in scenarios/FSOs.

I can't believe I am in favor of this, but I'd rather have HTC choose the next aircraft while quietly skimming over the Wishlist in here. Not only will it cut down on the production delay whines, but the community has well established it only wants the 'higher, faster, better guns/bombs' aircraft.
I don't disagree with your conclusion to let HTC decide, but I would point out that you do seem to be wrong about the players only wanting the fastest, best, most bombs aircraft.  The first vote we had could have ended up between the Me410, G.55 and J2M/Ki-44 any of which would have been more potent than the two finalists, the P-39 and B-25.  The player base doesn't vote for the most powerful unit as a primary cause of selection, that is the secondary determining cause.  The first is whether it is American or not.  The only reason the Me410 made it to the final round and not the A-26 was because of the sheer number of those "Anything American" votes that went to the B-29, allowing those of us who did vote that way to pool our votes and narrowly overcome the A-26 to make the final round and be slaughtered.  I suspect for the final vote to not go to an American aircraft it would have to be an aircraft that truly sucked or has almost no name recognition, things like the TBD Devastator or P-26 Peashooter.  If another vote were held and the A-26 were on it, that would be the winner.  The SB2C would likely win if it were on the list and the A-26 were not.  PBY-5 Catalina would stand a very good chance of winning over any non-American aircraft.

I am not saying that these people vote with a "Rah Rah Rah USA USA USA!" attitude by any means. I am suggesting that simply due to where they live they have a better chance of knowing what an A-26 is than what a G.55 or J2M5 is, and they vote for what they know rather than something that could be anything.

We are kinda running low on late, not post, war American aircraft to add.

That said, I still think the B-29 had a valid place in AH and am not upset at all about it being here.  It did cut down on a lot of wish list threads too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
Yak 3
StuG III Ausf. G
M3 Stuart.

just my .02

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
OK, I'll give you that one Karnak. Next thing we add though should be an aircraft (or one of my top 2 GV's), and either German, Italian, or Russian.