Author Topic: Rank  (Read 7387 times)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Rank
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
Get rid of it, atleast on the homepage. It's so ghey....................

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Rank
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »
Yeah that's what I tell bruv :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
Yeah that's what I tell bruv :)

I mean really? From a human standpoint should people really be rewarded for spending 6+ hours a day playing a game? This is what led South Korea to adopt an internet addiction scheme. It's just a bit sad really...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »
Ranks shows one thing: that they know how to pick, camp, milk run, and deliver troops when the odds are over-whelming in their favor.

If skill were the real determining factor the best scores would not be made with best of the best aircraft and tanks.  The best players in the game are not in the top 100 in anything, they don't care and they do not have to fabricate a value to measure their ability.  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
Bruv can actually handle himself very well in a lot of situations other than score.  Such as his last Koth.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
TBH the best players don't give a shoot where they are rank wise, because the best players are the ones that are fun to fly and do stupid stuff with. You have to have a fairly small fire hose to care what number you get each month in a cartoon plane game... OH wait, suddenly the rank charts make sense  :lol

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
If you care about rank it's your own loss.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
Bruv can actually handle himself very well in a lot of situations other than score.  Such as his last Koth.

Last I heard the few were accused of 'fiddling' with koth results. I wasn't there so I won't say more. Still, being the 'best' at a computer game doesn't mean you're fun to fly with or even that you do anything to help the game, not to name names...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
Were cheaters according to everyone else :p.  People assume things these days .. when there's no factual things about it haha :)

The Few

-Spek

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
I am NUMBER ONE and everyone else is just pooo.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
Geez my post count is skyRockiting today lol

The Few

-Spek

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
well i reckon the score keep people in check..you may shoot and down many planes... and you'll be all egoistic thinking you DA MAN!...but then you realize the next day, that your score has only improved just a small bit...which proves there are many others out there who are performing better than you, killing more than you... it would be a humbling experience..and would spur you on to get better all the time and basically get you thinking on how to better yourself... take that score and rank away.... its just a monotonous game play with nothing to prove your skills that you have acquired about the years...thats just me and my thoughts tho.. :D...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:24:08 PM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »
Were cheaters according to everyone else :p.  People assume things these days .. when there's no factual things about it haha :)

Well, like I say, I wasn't there, although I've seen incriminating videos. Using your squad's unmonitorable teamspeak BS to co-ordinate a KOTH match is not only against the spirit of the game but also shows a serious lack of character and sense of honour in your squad. I'd write a message to bruv telling him to sort it out but I think it would fall on deaf ears, seeing as he's one of the worst culprits. Plus, the Few DFC?! WTF is that about?!? It's like the last kid in the playground didn't get picked to play a game so decided to make a shizzy version of their own. You know what we called that at school? Ghey...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
Troll much? Film or it didnt happen.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »
Ruh ro struck a nerve? Lol DFC : Distinguished Flying Cross jeez.  

The Few

-Spek