Author Topic: New VGuys foot wear  (Read 5656 times)

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
Re: New VGuys foot wear
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
whatever happened to midway? has he been recruited by al shabaab?

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »
I suspect that the vGuys are frequently blamed for the hordes created by Chewie and the Alchemists.

You seem to miss a key point: Chewie's missions, have, for the last handful of months been supported and/or driven by vGuys. Not saying Chewie missions don't get their share simply because of the other factors, but when the vGuys were on Bish and a Chewie mission went up, you sure as bet an overwhelming majority of the vGuys would hook into it. Also (and I may be wrong as I couldn't find the original source) the vGuys and the Alchemists had some sort of 'alliance' (how that works, exactly, on the same country is a little fuzzy to me) to which they would each support the others missions.

When the vGuys were bish, you would always see the mission group as a massive horde, with little thought put forth in terms of tactics aside from numbers win. This isn't a guess either.. I had a public discussion with one of the vGuys over the fact they wouldn't go on their hvy fighter mission with any less than 40 planes. I asked him why they needed that many to hit a small airfield and was informed that it insured they took it. The base was showing no enemy activity at the time. When I probed further, I was told numbers always win and are superior to tactics. I was stunned, 40 men to take a field, a small field at that and that was the minimum they wanted. The conversation degraded at that point on all sides, but the thought processes had been shown. Now, to their credit, the vGuys don't always need 40 to take a base, this was just one of those glaring examples that persisted in my own mind.

There are alot of vGuys I do like, but that is when they are in small groups or solo, just so we are clear. Yet when they mass such as they do, they become like cicadas; you can't wait for them to go away for 17yrs.

Missions are one thing and will always have numbers, that is good. Numbers work sometimes and are a valid tactic to an extent, but I believe you will see better tactics from the remaining mission commanders.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »
Thought it was interesting to see all those vGuys auger instead of fighting when their NOE caught caught last night.  Not sure why you wouldn't fight it out regardless.  There were lots of splashes of undamaged planes going into the drink below us.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
I suspect that the vGuys are frequently blamed for the hordes created by Chewie and the Alchemists.

well when i find their missions and 1/2 the guys's names begins with "v" then I suspect it is the vtards.

Thought it was interesting to see all those vGuys auger instead of fighting when their NOE caught caught last night.  Not sure why you wouldn't fight it out regardless.  There were lots of splashes of undamaged planes going into the drink below us.

orders from vdallas, they are to avoid combat and dive bomb to kill the hangars/town, only after all the buildings/hangars are down then they will fight.  that's why if you get behind them at the beginning, you can kill 3 or 4 while they go around you.  it's ridiculous, but that's how several vguys justified their lack of willing to fight.

semp
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:34:20 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
Orders not to fight?

Hey, vTards....you will have a lot more fun if you go elsewhere.  Lot more to the game than killing hangers so vDallas can get the kills of what's left, beat up, and barely flying in the air.   Try NOT killing the hangers but tell Dallas you did, lol, wonder how many he'll land on that little mishun
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
well when i find their missions and 1/2 the guys's names begins with "v" then I suspect it is the vtards.

orders from vdallas, they are to avoid combat and dive bomb to kill the hangars/town, only after all the buildings/hangars are down then they will fight.  that's why if you get behind them at the beginning, you can kill 3 or 4 while they go around you.  it's ridiculous, but that's how several vguys justified their lack of willing to fight.

semp

Hmm.  They had two goons out front and landed.  They were spotted on the ground.  Folks then upped in the direction that the raid was more then likely coming from.  The lead guys spotted them low.  The raid then reversed and augered.  The goons upped and augered too.  Really kinda sad.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »
 :huh ...I guess it all adds to the rich tapestry of life of the ecosystem of Aces High:  As the Brewster Turns.

Odd, not my idea of fun...  but in the grand scheme of things, not that big a deal IMO.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 03:27:41 PM »
Sad is a select few will remain high and use their squaddies to rope kills, sometimes it works but usually there squaddie goes down in flames while they remain perched high above watchiing them die. the battle slows down they fly off.  
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Sad is a select few will remain high and use their squaddies to rope kills, sometimes it works but usually there squaddie goes down in flames while they remain perched high above watchiing them die. the battle slows down they fly off.  

Did you infiltrate the Muppets as a shade?  :huh

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Did you infiltrate the Muppets as a shade?  :huh

does every thread have to be muppet infiltrated  :noid

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »
:huh ...I guess it all adds to the rich tapestry of life of the ecosystem of Aces High:  As the Brewster Turns.

Odd, not my idea of fun...  but in the grand scheme of things, not that big a deal IMO.

Wiley.

I totally agree, which is why I'd have thought they have gone  down guns blazing, not as just big cartoon splashes :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
i am just glad i moved LTAR before the switch. i would miss my nasty little PMs from vDALLAS :banana:
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
I just want to say, I love the vTards.  :D

Their Missions are loads of fun to intercept, and its nice to see new maps every 2-3 days. Im glad to see a vTard mission when they are no other fights, gives me something to shoot at.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
When the vGuys were bish, you would always see the mission group as a massive horde, with little thought put forth in terms of tactics aside from numbers win. This isn't a guess either.. I had a public discussion with one of the vGuys over the fact they wouldn't go on their hvy fighter mission with any less than 40 planes.
If no one else will, I'll call you on that.  Either you are exaggerating the number or said 'vguy' wasn't being accurate because I have NEVER heard of us scrubbing a mission because we didn't have the same number of planes as hangers to hit...  As for your point on Chewies missions, it was routine that we put planes in Alchemists missions to help them take that base and they just as frequently reciprocated.  We did have a very successful 'alliance' with them where we gave assistance when needed in whatever way needed.  I liked flying with them very much.  Great group of 'ready and willing' nice guys.

As for your intent on believing we have no tactics, well your just ignorant to that.  If that were the case we wouldn't have a numbered map for each field, assign targets, assign backups, request specific ordinance saved for specific things, and we would never deack fields to hold cap.  Oh and we would certainly never pork strategically.  We would never take a port prior to sinking the CV.  We would never EVER go drop a VH to a base that spawns into the target take to avoid unwanted enemy GV's.  To save time I'll just stop there.  All this is to say that we aren't a noobish as everyone likes to think we are.  Hating on us just because you aren't well informed isn't productive.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"