Author Topic: Why in USA You don't listen people like this?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
Re: Why in USA You don't listen people like this?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
Lets rob a bank!
Ill write the strongly worded letter.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
The Point
Build A Damn E-Car where you change the Battery at the Fuelstation Automatic in a Few seconds without Leaving the Car
You buy a new with Gasoline ore Diesel?...you buy the old Technology..eat it its the Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKA4GhVn0a4&feature=player_embedded

It's nice to see a live demo of this concept in action.  However I don't see this taking off, in the United States.  It would be very to expensive to implement.  This concept would require each car to have two battery packs, which is one of the most expensive parts of an electric car.  Now we need two?  It would be cheaper to buy the lithium titanate oxide batteries (like the ones developed by Altairnano) that can be charged very quickly.

Altairnano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9wEo_teikU

Another issue with the concept would be battery storage space and the costs associated with it.  The size of these battery packs are quite large, even for cars that have short ranges.  if an average refill station is to service 300+ vehicles a day how much space is that going to take and how much will it cost to store?  This also assumes that the Car Manufactures all agree on a single battery standard.  If you end up with two or more standards logistically this can become a nightmare for a refill station owner.  

Personally I think the Chevy Volt concept is the best fit for the US.  If it has gas it will go. If I forget to charge one day, and it has gas it will still go.  If there's a late night emergency when the car is not fully charged, no problem it has gas it will go.  If I want to avoid the prices at the pump I have battery power and can change my driving habits accordingly.  I can recharge it from home at my own pace on my own dime.  My only beef with the Chevy volt is that it's too expensive for the average person.  If they can get the price tag down to $26,000 without government credits, I think they would truly have a hit on there hands.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:37:06 AM by soda72 »

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
Did not know this:

"it is unfortunately against the O'club rules now to discuss politics so you won't get many answers, and if you want to avoid the wrath of skuzzy it's probably a good idea to edit what posts you can"

So, my apologizes for that.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »
Right, let continue to do so. 1 € = 1.44 $.  I love America !!!

Joke apart, I did not know that on O'Club is forbidden to speak about politics.
My apologizes for that.

:salute

mobilis in mobile

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
And what Do You think about  the fact that You have not any real freadom and peace as Your president had predict?  (Your president not mine! So i'm not point any finger on people who live in USA !!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY&feature=related

does this posted youtube video say this?

can PM me the answer........ if this video doesn't show this claim you posted regarding what our president said,  .. then please pm me a weblink, etc..... as to where you got your info

rather not discuss it here

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
I'd be alot happier if the USA just listened to this. Some 446 in particular

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:03 AM »
WWII rifles made in Italy for sale "only droped one time"
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »
WWII rifles made in Italy for sale "only droped one time"

can I trade them for some ARVN rifles?  never been fired and only dropped once  :rolleyes:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 01:44:09 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:41:56 PM by Skuzzy »