Author Topic: Evil personified (Me): Hooked and towed to the impound - dirt bag adios  (Read 3960 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Evil personified (Me): Hooked and towed to the impound - dirt bag adios
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
I guess you didn't take the time or expend the effort to read the original post?

I asked this guy to cease and desist on several occasions and he told me to go pound sand.

Don't pretend to know me...how I operate...what my moral compass points to, or anything else about me.

I warned this guy over and over again. At first I was polite and CLEAR, the next I was MORE CLEAR, the next I told him that he would be towed if he did not cease and desist..and I gave him a final warning.

I did everything I could to get him to stop.

He failed in his arrogance.

I would do it again in a minute

By the way...all of "my" neighbors applauded the action and result. This guy lived 10 houses down and almost around the corner. He had a second vehicle and refused to park this vehicle in front of his own home...WHY?... so as not to piss off his own neighbors.

THAT'S RIGHT...he chose to move it way up the street because he knew he would piss off the people he had to face every day if he pulled this crap at his curbside.

By his very actions he demonstrated he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Now tell me again how I screwed up?

Out

Oneway

Your missing the point. It Is a public street. you dont have the "right" to "tell" or demand anything from or of him with regards to it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »
Let me throw out another question to the detractors on this thread:

Hypothetical -

What if a guy who lived a half a mile away from you decided to use your curbside on-street parking for the long term storage of his un-used vehicle? What if this guy who left this vehicle in front your home, demonstrated over a long period of time, that he would never move it...and simply would drive by on his way to work every third day and move it forward or backward a few feet to avoid the tow?

Now tell me you think that is OK?

By the way, my city has an ordinance that specifically addresses this and makes it illegal. The same ordinance addresses the guy who goes out and wipes the chalk markings off his tires...to buy more time and fool the system.

Based on the video I provided the police...which showed this individual doing that once, and moving it back or forward and simply jumping back in his other car and driving off is what got his tail in the ringer

The sanctimonious braying of the naysayers lacks substance and fact.

Out

Oneway

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »
Marion County Oregon, You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.    
Marion County Oregon Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon
Klamath County  It’s illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane.  lol Really??

thats ok. there is a law on the books that if your in a car and spook a horse. You must completely disassemble the car until the horse calms down.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
Your missing the point. It Is a public street. you dont have the "right" to "tell" or demand anything from or of him with regards to it.

Your wrong

The municipal code specifically prohibits moving vehicles in the manner this individual was doing...not to mention his wiping off of the chalk marks.

From the OP: "A few digital photo's, my street video surveillance camera, and some corroborating testimony from neighbors was enough to cause action"

The authorities would not have acted without cause; they had ample cause and factual evidence of violation

I am not stupid...and I know how to avoid lawsuits...

Out

Oneway

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
Let me throw out another question to the detractors on this thread:

Hypothetical -

What if a guy who lived a half a mile away from you decided to use your curbside on-street parking for the long term storage of his un-used vehicle? What if this guy who left this vehicle in front your home, demonstrated over a long period of time, that he would never move it...and simply would drive by on his way to work every third day and move it forward or backward a few feet to avoid the tow?

Now tell me you think that is OK?

By the way, my city has an ordinance that specifically addresses this and makes it illegal. The same ordinance addresses the guy who goes out and wipes the chalk markings off his tires...to buy more time and fool the system.

Based on the video I provided the police...which showed this individual doing that once, and moving it back or forward and simply jumping back in his other car and driving off is what got his tail in the ringer

The sanctimonious braying of the naysayers lacks substance and fact.

Out

Oneway

Bit of a difference in parking a car in front of your place and leaving it there. Then moving it as the law requires. A good lawyer on his part and he beats the ticket and all associated costs.

Is it written how the auto must be moved? If not then he broke no law.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »
<------Has never seen so many children in one place at one time.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »

Wrong

I have every right to request,  'tell' or 'demand' anything of him.

However, I have no right to compel him to act, or force a compliance with a request or demand

He has every right to ignore any request or demand made by private citizens

I am very aware of the difference between a threat and a warning; I know the words that differentiate the two

He was requested and warned...he failed to heed the warning and underestimated my resolve.

Out

Oneway

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:14 PM »
Your wrong

The municipal code specifically prohibits moving vehicles in the manner this individual was doing...not to mention his wiping off of the chalk marks.

From the OP: "A few digital photo's, my street video surveillance camera, and some corroborating testimony from neighbors was enough to cause action"

The authorities would not have acted without cause; they had ample cause and factual evidence of violation

I am not stupid...and I know how to avoid lawsuits...

Out

Oneway

I'd like to see the ordnance that states that. I've never seen one worded in such a way. I've seen it claimed, but never seen it actually written that way.
the only time I've seen it written that way was in an apartment or townhouse complex where the parking lot was owned and maintained by the developer or property owner. And then it was written by them and not as a local ordinance.

Till I see it I call BS
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
next time just douse it in gasoline and toss a match.. then everybody is happy :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »

Because it is a public street, he has EVERY right to demand or tell who ever he wants, what he wants. Whether is it favorable or not is up to opinion and not applicable to the law.

Think of it this way, you park your car in a very bad place in town and obey ALL the "rules" so that it is not towed. However you have some inhabitants who do not like your car and want it moved, they will have it moved one way or another. You come crying to me and all I am going to tell you this:

"Why would you park your car in that part of town in the first place? You know what can happen and by leaving it there and ignoring what the public wanted, your just at fault as they are for making your car disappear."

In other words, when you act like a $#$@ and use the law to piss other people off, the law will protect you...but not from the people you pissed off.
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »

Because it is a public street, he has EVERY right to demand or tell who ever he wants, what he wants. Whether is it favorable or not is up to opinion and not applicable to the law.

Think of it this way, you park your car in a very bad place in town and obey ALL the "rules" so that it is not towed. However you have some inhabitants who do not like your car and want it moved, they will have it moved one way or another. You come crying to me and all I am going to tell you this:

"Why would you park your car in that part of town in the first place? You know what can happen and by leaving it there and ignoring what the public wanted, your just at fault as they are for making your car disappear."

In other words, when you act like a $#$@ and use the law to piss other people off, the law will protect you...but not from the people you pissed off.

And you are?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
I have a car that I park on the street with a bum tranny.  It won't get into 3rd gear, but, I still run it up to the corner store every couple of days.  Sometimes when I get back, most of the parking spaces are taken so I park it down the street.  I'm currently working on getting the title back since it was used to secure a loan.  Within a few weeks, I will take it to the scrap yard and be done with it.  

If some bone-head had an issue with it sitting in front of their house and had it towed even though I follow the law and move it as required, I would be pissed.  And, no, if the same idiot asked me to move it, I would tell them to pound sand too because it IS a public street.

It sounds to me that he parked in front of your place to just rub you the wrong way.

Still a bone-head move on your part.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
And you are?

I am reality, I am here to tell you that just because cops are bounded by the law...when they tell you to strip down naked in the street and do 10 push-ups on I-10 you, at that point in time, have no choice but to listen to them.
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »
I'd like to see the ordnance that states that. I've never seen one worded in such a way. I've seen it claimed, but never seen it actually written that way.
the only time I've seen it written that way was in an apartment or townhouse complex where the parking lot was owned and maintained by the developer or property owner. And then it was written by them and not as a local ordinance.

Till I see it I call BS

Wrong

5.40.220 - Obstruction of parking regulations.

The removal, obliteration, or concealment by any person of any chalk mark or other distinguishing mark, used by any police officer or other officer or employee of the city in the enforcement of the parking regulations of the city, for the purpose of evading said parking regulations shall constitute an infraction.

(Ord. 1358 § 1, 1979).

Under the ordinance, and supported by case law throughout the state, the movement of vehicle only slightly has been found to be in a manner, or have the effect, of 'concealment' pursuant to the ordinance. Aside from this, he was videoed 'obliterating' the marks with a damp rag.

Out

Oneway

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:39:07 PM by oneway »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »

I am reality, I am here to tell you that just because cops are bounded by the law...when they tell you to strip down naked in the street and do 10 push-ups on I-10 you, at that point in time, have no choice but to listen to them.

Oh now there is a response that gives you instant credibility

And no. I dont have to follow that kind of order from a cop
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty