Author Topic: StuG III  (Read 774 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
StuG III
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:36 PM »
yes, its that time again, time to beat the horse for the StuG III! (StuG III Ausf G. would be nice)  :banana:

had the same armor as the panzer, and a 75mm main gun. it had 2x7.62 MG's one in the hull and one coax.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: StuG III
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 02:56:10 AM »
+1
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:03 PM »
+1

Offline Liberator

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
+1

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »
Try this:

Grab a Panzer IV H and do not turn the turret by more than a few degrees either way.  Use your tracks to pivot your gun.  Tell me how good you do in a tank battle.   ;)  It has the same 2.4X main gun sight as the Panzer IV too.

The same can be said for those of us who think the Su-100 should be the first turretless tank in AH.  The T34 (the same chassis as Su-100) does not have a true pivot, it locks one tread while the other moves forward/reverse.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:40:30 AM »
Always a big +1

and...

SU-100!!!
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »
Try this:

Grab a Panzer IV H and do not turn the turret by more than a few degrees either way.  Use your tracks to pivot your gun.  Tell me how good you do in a tank battle.   ;)  It has the same 2.4X main gun sight as the Panzer IV too.

The same can be said for those of us who think the Su-100 should be the first turretless tank in AH.  The T34 (the same chassis as Su-100) does not have a true pivot, it locks one tread while the other moves forward/reverse.

already tried it :t just wait in a little hole until the unsuspecting enemy comes along right in front of you. but the bad thing is you cant turn your hull like a StuG III. it had a system that would allow turning while in 1 place without having to move forward/backwards

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
Try this:

The answer is, possibly worse than you would do in a Stug III since that has a lower silhouette, right? I mean, it may be a very similar gun platform if you lock out the IV's turret. However, it is NOT the same target.

Otherwise, I'd like to see it added.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:32:09 PM »
already tried it :t just wait in a little hole until the unsuspecting enemy comes along right in front of you. but the bad thing is you cant turn your hull like a StuG III. it had a system that would allow turning while in 1 place without having to move forward/backwards

The StuG III did NOT have true pivot capability.  It will pivot just like the Panser IV, M4's, and T34's.  Meaning, one track will move and the other will remain stationary. 

The Panther, Tiger, and Tiger II all can pivot in place because they can have their tracks move in opposite directions.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »
The StuG III did NOT have true pivot capability.  It will pivot just like the Panser IV, M4's, and T34's.  Meaning, one track will move and the other will remain stationary. 

The Panther, Tiger, and Tiger II all can pivot in place because they can have their tracks move in opposite directions.
meh. still pivoting :D