Author Topic: deliberate exploiter needing banhammer or adept knowledge of game mechanics?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Someone wasn't paying attention and let a Jeep sneak up on a tank and AH inaction is the problem?  You guys crack me up sometimes.

Let the record show that ROC thinks it is good that jeeps can drive through tanks and kill them from the inside out.  Let the record show this.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
so I was having a great time in the old ozkansas map tank town that I designed long ago running amok in a panther, plinking tanks in an il2, dweebing a bit in a p40E.

late night (in game dusk low visibility as well) my side is way outnumbered so we had almost free perk tanks. I upped a Tiger II for 40 perk points to defend a vbase from an onslaught of m3s tanks etc.

killed many sets of troops and the attacking tanks and m3s.

being as the base is surrounded by hills I drove up next to some buildings to limit some of the angles I would be exposed to incoming tank rounds.

during this time unbeknownst to me Nyancat had snuck up on me in a jeep and drove inside my tank. I heard 3-4 pings then was back in the tower. Nyancat proceeds to flame on ch200 about his amazing squeektacularness.

It then made sense to me what he was up to all night. I had killed his jeep about a dozen times tonight while he was attempting to use this exploit to take down enemy tanks.

this is an old as dirt exploit that I thought was fixed. guess its not.

so what of this jeeptard? banhammer worthy or clever exploiter of unrealistic holes in the game code?

Thought they fixed this bug a couple of versions ago?

Guess either its back or it wasnt fixed.

Just set collisions for opposing GVs like you have for planes. A Jeep or a tank colliding with another tank would cause some damages to both of IRL Im guessing. Dunno cause I've never ramed a tank with a jeep. Seems the obvious fix though
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
falls under the same category as "landing" tanks.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
From the man himself.

Think how lag factors into this, when you detect a collision you stop like with a tree. So does other guy, except you both saw each other after the fact, so you stop inside each other. Now what happens since you are still colliding.

Think about speeds lags and such, and then you will start to see the essence of the problem. And hence why it is not the same as colliding with an object that does not move.

HiTech

Ever bump into a building at 1MPH and spin like a top until your tank flips over? I suspect you could do this at will to enemy tanks, which would result in far more, and worse, exploits then just carbombing tanks. It's not a bug; it was a choice.

edit: I know this has been happening for a while, but I didn't realize how long. Looking for a more detailed breakdown by one of the HTC guys, found this. :)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,221731.0.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:58:55 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
I've been that jeep before killing a tank from the inside.  But I shot a T-34 and I was In a tiger.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
so what of this jeeptard? banhammer worthy or clever exploiter of unrealistic holes in the game code?

Thats an old one, Its been there since I've been playing which is about 7 years now. I've actually used it a couple of times when I first started playing. Ban worthy? Absolutely not! I say exploit the  bugs until HTC fixes them or they will never get fixed.

~BPARKER
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Let the record show that ROC thinks it is good that jeeps can drive through tanks and kill them from the inside out.  Let the record show this.

Let the record show that I think you gals over react and want other people to solve problems you can solve yourself.  I for one have never had a jeep slip into my tank and kill me, and would be rather embarrassed to bring it up as someone elses problem to solve.  There is a solution already built into the game.  Pay attention and shoot the jeep with a tank before they get to you. 

Now don't try to put words in my mouth, you are neither correct nor clever. 

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
i had someone sorta do that to me. they were on the same side......drove into me while i was shooting at an enemy....i kill shot myself...so i just re-upped, and went on doing what i wanted...i was pissed at the time, but it's only a game, so it didn't last long.

enable collisions for gv's and this'll stop though./
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Wow I just read this post, and Nyancat tried twice to drive into my panther with a jeep.  First I ever knew this was an exploit :(

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Let the record show that I think you gals over react and want other people to solve problems you can solve yourself.  I for one have never had a jeep slip into my tank and kill me, and would be rather embarrassed to bring it up as someone elses problem to solve.  There is a solution already built into the game.  Pay attention and shoot the jeep with a tank before they get to you.  

Now don't try to put words in my mouth, you are neither correct nor clever.  

My interpretation of your post was that it's fine the way it is and Citabria is a whiner.  So if you think it is fine the way it is, then that means that you are okay with jeeps being able to drive through tanks and shoot them from inside out, like from The Matrix or something.  The fact of whether or not Citabria should have seen the jeep is irrelevant.  The issue is a jeep being able to drive through a tank.  I can only assume you think it is okay that jeeps can drive through tanks on OZKansas based on your response, which is pretty ridiculous.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
The fact of whether or not Citabria should have seen the jeep is irrelevant.
If you say so :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
I think it is hilarious and I am perfectly fine with jeeps being able to do this. I would not advertise the fact I had let myself get killed by a jeep in this way. I also think Citabria has been whining quite alot lately about a number of age old issues.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
If you say so :)

It is irrelevant. A jeep or any other vehicle should not be able to 'Go Inside' another vehicle/plane period. Now, if you could kill the driver from the outside with a well placed shot, that would be a totally different matter. Think of it this way...
If your tiger/panzer/panther/M4/T34 has it's (insert top machinegun name here) removed (or in the case of a T34, not have one at all) by attacking air units what defense do you have against this fast little jeep? You can't out run it, out turn it, or at this point, out gun it because a smart jeep won't let your turret turn on him. So basically you have a jeep now that can, without restriction, kill any perked/non perked GV in the game if it has even the slightest damage. There also is no defense from 'tossing a grenade in.' I can't lock my hatch to keep your grenade out. I can't shoot you in the shin with my sidearm or through the hatch when I realize you are leaving so I have no fear of a grenade.. I have nothing. I might as well be turreted with my engine out.

I thought this had been fixed, like many others have said.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Must be a sign Fester is back to playing a lot :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
that guy ??? is very funny....I am waiting for him to get a stick cause he wants to show me how to fly things properly (apparently I am really bad)....Granted he is good with aim in a GV...using a known exploit like that I'm sure he won't be without a squad for very long...I'm sure the recruiters are offering promises of grandeur already   :lol :lol :lol

can you imagine it with the same coding as with the trees....all sorts of fun could be had.....tank chicken  hahahaha...just hope yours lands feet first after the collision...man that would be funny...it would make for some awesome screenshots too
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:31:49 PM by SPKmes »