Author Topic: deliberate exploiter needing banhammer or adept knowledge of game mechanics?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
My interpretation of your post was that it's fine the way it is and Citabria is a whiner.  So if you think it is fine the way it is, then that means that you are okay with jeeps being able to drive through tanks and shoot them from inside out, like from The Matrix or something.  The fact of whether or not Citabria should have seen the jeep is irrelevant.  The issue is a jeep being able to drive through a tank.  I can only assume you think it is okay that jeeps can drive through tanks on OZKansas based on your response, which is pretty ridiculous.

It's jeep payback for all the 262 jeep killers :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
No Ban just needs to be fixed.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
If you say so :)

Oh come on ROC, you can stand up for your strawman a little bit better than that, this just makes it no fun for me to shred apart.  :aok

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
I understand your frustration but it is something we should all be aware of.  I know I'm not the only one who forgets that some of the game physics just don't represent the real world.   :cheers:
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
:rofl :lol COAD FAIL  :rofl :lol

No excuses really, you wouldn't get that BS in Battlefield, lag or no lag  :bolt:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
This thread has all the noobs driving jeeps in TT tonight. :headscratch: What is the code to spin the pintle guns again on German armour?

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
IMO It's the HTC equivalent of walking up to a tank and dropping a grenade into the driver's view port.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
:rofl :lol COAD FAIL  :rofl :lol

No excuses really, you wouldn't get that BS in Battlefield, lag or no lag  :bolt:

Yep. I am a fan of HTC and admire their work, but I also feel constructive criticism is warranted in some cases. For a company that strives for perfection in realism down to the smallest cockpit details, this should have been fixed a long time ago.

I wonder if WOT has this problem...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
Yep. I am a fan of HTC and admire their work, but I also feel constructive criticism is warranted in some cases. For a company that strives for perfection in realism down to the smallest cockpit details, this should have been fixed a long time ago.

+1
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member

+1

Seems like if it is a problem where the driver can be killed by an MG round fired inside, HTC needs to make the driver unkillable or surround him with an armor box that the MG cannot penetrate or something.  Seems like there should be a way to fix this issue.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SD67

• Gold Member

The fix is not to let another vehicle that close.
WoT have a completely different physics engine and in a way they do have the same problem but in reverse, if that makes any sense.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
It could be argued that allowing another gv to drive inside your's might be the equivalent of allowing someone to crawl atop your tank and drop a grenade inside.  This "glitch" probably wasn't meant to simulate that, but that lack of SA in a tank would leave the tank crew in great peril.
vNucks

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
It could be argued that allowing another gv to drive inside your's might be the equivalent of allowing someone to crawl atop your tank and drop a grenade inside.  This "glitch" probably wasn't meant to simulate that, but that lack of SA in a tank would leave the tank crew in great peril.

The fix is not to let another vehicle that close.
WoT have a completely different physics engine and in a way they do have the same problem but in reverse, if that makes any sense.

I don't reason with people who miss the point so fabulously.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Hmmm.....sounds like it's time to get some tank kills in a chute.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
the thing i dont understand is why is it you can fly/drive through friendlies, but if you fly into an enemy its a collsions (or visa verse depending on lag and the sorts), but yet you can drive into an enemy tank  :headscratch: never understood it....
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb