Author Topic: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long  (Read 6039 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 02:30:34 PM »
What words do you have to write to get banned?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
I think one week suspension for a first offense is just about right.  I would like to see 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks for each subsequent infraction of the rules.  Yes, there are people who will annoy you here.  Some people only play because the want to be annoying on the buffer it sometimes seems.  When you respond, in kind, to people of this ilk, you not only empower them and give them what they want (attention), you also drag the game down a bit farther.  You either make this game better or you make this game worse with your actions sir.

Your actions are also not justified because someone else is worse than you and you were "just responding".  You do not need to respond.

The game will be quite playable with comms suspended.  Yes we will miss your vital intelligence information and you will have to use your mouse for a check 6 but all things will pass, you will be back "hangin' wit yur homeys" in no time.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:35:34 PM by Skuzzy »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
Self control, learn how to use it.

There are plenty of times every night that I want to cuss someone out because I feel like I was "cheated" or "unfairly owned". The reason I don't lash out at people is because that person that made me mad might be a friend tomorrow, and I'd hate to burn that bridge.

If someone is taunting you or being a dick to you just be the better man and move on. Better yet if you can make a clean but witty response is even better.  :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:35:48 PM by Skuzzy »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »

The game will be quite playable with comms suspended.  Yes we will miss your vital intelligence information and you will have to use your mouse for a check 6 but all things will pass, you will be back "hangin' wit yur homeys" in no time.

It is also quite playable without reading 200.  Actually, if you are reading it, you are not playing.  Its funny how a couple of words on a text buffer that scrolls so fast no one can really read (unless that is all they are doing) can get you banned for a week, but anyone can tune to my radio and start teaching my kids new words lol.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
We've been getting a lot of these text and chat banned complaints since HiTech and company moved us back to a single arena. Maybe it's time for the dreaded next move on HTC's part if so many have so littel self control.

HTC, please disable ch200.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
We've been getting a lot of these text and chat banned complaints since HiTech and company moved us back to a single arena. Maybe it's time for the dreaded next move on HTC's part if so many have so littel self control.

:O :uhoh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:39 PM »

I haven't been in Late War for years but seems to me Ch200 is voluntary. It's not like the All channel in MidWar where everyone is on it whether they want to be, or not. If you don't like Channel 200, tune it out, but don't ruin it for others that enjoy it.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
I haven't been in Late War for years but seems to me Ch200 is voluntary. It's not like the All channel in MidWar where everyone is on it whether they want to be, or not. If you don't like Channel 200, tune it out, but don't ruin it for others that enjoy it.

:aok :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
99% of what is typed on 200 wasn't worth the time it took to type it.  Perhaps 10-15 minute timeouts for the 200 mental midgets who type more than X number of lines per minute would free up much needed chat buffer space.  Of course then Midway wouldn't ever get to use 200.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
99% of what is typed on 200 wasn't worth the time it took to type it.  Perhaps 10-15 minute timeouts for the 200 mental midgets who type more than X number of lines per minute would free up much needed chat buffer space.  Of course then Midway wouldn't ever get to use 200.

:noid

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »

See you all on 201.  That brings up a question though.  Is channel 201, 202, 203 etc also being moderated?  I understand country, range and the old channel 1, but why is a specific tunable channel moderated?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »
I'll quote again from an unknown person:

"Never ague with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" ... which is EXACTLY what happened for you. You got banned, and he didn't. End of story.  If you can't follow that very easy rule, then you deserve your 1 week ban, sorry. Its not too long, you get angry at first, then, a couple days later, when emotions have settled, you start to rationnalise and put things in perspective. You don't have time to do that in 10minutes.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »

Midway goes into withdraw just thinking about living a  200less life
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO