Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5066 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
Am I the only one who can't bomb in a plane without bombsights, without using F3? I just can't do it. I might get lucky, but I just can't bomb without F3.
I cant bomb with F3 mode. Never could.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2011, 08:39:14 AM »
What a great thread to return to after my vacation.

So much win.

The answer has been given by so many. No gunfire allowed while F3 is in use.

Seems pretty simple to me. Of course I don't write code either.

:banana:  :bolt:

Melvin,  :salute
The problem is the fake SA availible in F3 mode. If you could fly in F3 mode you would get all the fake SA advantage F3 mode provides.
 "No gunfire in F3 mode" is easily worked around by touching a button and jumping to the pilot seat in a millisecond to make the shot.

"NO gun fire in F3 mode" would only fix one problem.  Yes some same high defection shots are easier from F3 mode, which may have some truth behind it, but that is not the real advantage of F3 mode in IL2s.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »
Am I the only one who can't bomb in a plane without bombsights, without using F3? I just can't do it. I might get lucky, but I just can't bomb without F3.

Well I could never bomb or shoot while in F3. And I used to be in the top 3 or 5 with kills in it, tho mine were mostly GVs. I took fighters when they were stupid, and they often were. Shooting fighters at 1 to 1.5k is an awful stretch. You only have two cannon with slow ROF and thats a long, long shot. I wouldnt even waste ammo at that range. What I was good at was coming in at high angles on to tanks nd opening them up at 200 to 250 with a few shots. Now with far less SA, both of the air and of ground flak, I hardly ever fly it. We cant even use it as a last ditch defender when the FHs are down.

And as poor as a fighter stick as I am I almost never got shot down by an IL2, not even a F3 one. Any imbecile should have known that if you stay verticle against one the IL2 is helpless. It only had enough smash for one or two evasive moves and then it was flat and very slow, easy meat even for a noob.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
When you get used to putting rounds on target at 800-1K out on a little teeny GV snaking between trees, lobbing a couple rounds out in front of a big ol' airplane really isn't that difficult, especially when they do a lazy climb and don't bother to add any angles.  I may have a few vids, I'll have to look.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »
Guess that's the point isn't it. F3 has to go, we have herd from those who use it and say its easy to use for SA and flight control as well as bombing. Do we really need this xbox option in a game that is supposed to be somewhat historically accurate? I think not. Let the Da keep it take it out of the MA.