Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5150 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Finn, no personal attack intended.  You're a great stick  :cheers:.  I just think that saying F3 mode is why someone is good is akin to the 'You fly an EZ mode plane' defense...  If a pilot keeps finding excuses why someone beat them, instead of working on how they were beaten, they never improve.

Every plane I see in the air I'm thinking what it can and cannot do (usually), and basing my manuvers around gaining my advantage and playing to their disadvantages.  The only plane this really doesn't work against for me is a SpitXVI, that plane does everything well so it's a bit more about observing the pilot and outflying him, than trying to get him to commit to something their plane can't do.

Always good fights Surrfinn, sorry if I offended  :salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2011, 08:28:20 PM »
F3 improves both your overall 360% vision and it allows you to line up ground targets better, most of all small ones like GVs. Most of all with a poor roller like the IL2 In effect thts all it does. I heard tales of accusation saying some were shooting forward guns in F3 but I found that, at best, a rediculous tactic.

Then to make it worse they put the IL2 in the FH so now all you have to do is bomb 3 hangars to over run a base with GVs. A few fighters along will keep the Lancstukas down, or, since the Ord bunkers are so weak you can just bomb them to, or shoot them down. Game over.

When the IL2 was in the bomber hangar we still had a fighting chance to save a base. With F3 you had a chance to dodge fighters better and you could still kill GVs even without Ords.

Now? Its game over much faster to the horde. Tellya the truth when I see a base crippled to that point I just move on to another fight. At best all you'll end up is vulch bait to the fighters and GVs who have over ran the base. Thats what removing F3 from the IL2, and putting it into the FH has done.

Real shame. Its taken the game down a notch and all due to the Waaa-Waaa of the GV'ers.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »

Real shame. Its taken the game down a notch and all due to the Waaa-Waaa of the GV'ers.

No it was 262'ers that started that campaign.

Due to losing one to GHI in his IL-2.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
lyric1 is correct, it was started by complaints of the Il-2's air-to-air efficacy.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
why does the IL-2 even have 20mm's?

was it because it was dogfighting, or because the russians thought a puny little 20mm would do serious damage to a tank like the 37mm's did..?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:58 PM »
Those 23mm had enough penetration to damage tanks from the rear and top. Keep in mind at the same time, the Germans didn't have super heavy tanks with sloped armor and 100mm+ effective armor, their tanks were still lightly armored. The 23mm AP shell went right through them.

AH didn't see the 37mm until a few patches ago.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2011, 10:06:05 PM »
Those 23mm had enough penetration to damage tanks from the rear and top. Keep in mind at the same time, the Germans didn't have super heavy tanks with sloped armor and 100mm+ effective armor, their tanks were still lightly armored. The 23mm AP shell went right through them.

AH didn't see the 37mm until a few patches ago.
i was thinking that they would only penetrate the paper thin top armor, and not the back. but heck, i didnt know we just *somewhat* recently got the 37mm's if it was only a few versions back.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2011, 10:06:44 PM »

And don't forget, on the actual battlefields of WW2 there were many many "soft" targets that needed destroying.  It wasn't always about penetrating tank armor.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
Well of course, but if you want to look at it in a cynical way, those 7.9mm guns actually killed something/someone. Our AH's 7.9mm is just there to annoy and tickle. 

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
The 23mm VYa guns are quite capable of killing the Panzer IV H in AH.  Not so much the other tanks in AH, but the Panzer IV H used to dominate the AH ground warfare.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »
The 23mm VYa guns are quite capable of killing the Panzer IV H in AH.  Not so much the other tanks in AH, but the Panzer IV H used to dominate the AH ground warfare.

im sure if you hit a m4 right on top of the turret it could kill it. seems as if the M4/T34-85 and panzer are the only widely used tanks here...

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2011, 12:17:41 AM »
scorpion I'm so dam drunk I cant even hit the keys on this response, but basiclcly if yr not old enough to vote then please don't try to have an opinion. kind of geting sick of your dumb post. You have a a habit of posting whole pages of BS just to move a topic away from where yr little small kid mind wants it to go. :t
I'm not yr mama boy so stop yr bs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:29:14 AM by surfinn »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
scorpion I'm so dam drunk I cant even hit the keys on this response well but basiclcly if yr nit old enough to vote then please don't try to have an opinion
since your drunk, ill let it slide. but im allowed to have an opinion, even if im not old enough to vote. just ask anyone here and im sure they'd say the same.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »
im allowed to have an opinion, even if im not old enough to vote.

No actually you aren't allowed to have an opinion. You actually have to earn an opinion which means you have to live a while and do something besides live of of Mommy and daddy's household you little freaking tard. But hey thanks for telling me other 14yr olds Will back yr lame as BS Up. Please STOP posting on my threads.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
No actually you aren't allowed to have an opinion. You actually have to earn an opinion which means you have to live a while and do something besides live of of Mommy and daddy's household you little freaking tard. But hey thanks for telling me other 14yr olds Will back yr lame as BS Up. Please STOP posting on my threads.
i think that once your sober your really going to regret that. trust me, boozing it then typing that up isnt going to get you far.