Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5157 times)

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2011, 01:14:42 AM »
Please STOP posting on my threads.

Guess you missed this part right?  :O :t

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »
scorpion I'm so dam drunk

i guarantee you will make an ass  out of yourself and then wind up looking stupid without even remembering it all the next day. im not bashing you or anything. just giving some advice...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2011, 01:23:48 AM »
Guess you missed this part right?  :O :t

actually all the threads belong to hitech.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »
I shouldn't drink and post.

you really shouldnt. but you do it anyways...why?

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2011, 01:28:04 AM »
Please STOP posting on my threads.

Well like most Teenagers I guess you have to be told again. PLEASE STOP POSTING ON MY THREADS.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
Well like most Teenagers I guess you have to be told again. PLEASE STOP POSTING ON MY THREADS.

read this. its the truth.

actually all the threads belong to hitech.

semp

they arent your threads there HTC's. they just allow you to make them/put whatever you feel like in them.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2011, 01:35:19 AM »
child its getting late isn't your Mommy calling you by now? Men want to talk and you are getting in the way as usual

oh I'm a big boy now i can type coach :devil
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:37:03 AM by surfinn »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2011, 01:37:20 AM »
child its getting late isn't your Mommy calling you by now? Men want to talk and you are getting in the way as usual
still drunk? im going to guess that your response would be a yes...

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2011, 01:52:03 AM »
Snar Snarf!

....hey look, a dancing banana!                              :banana:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
Check speed and climb rates along with manueverability. Then try looping both. I'd call the twin Yank 0.50s "unused" instead of "useless". Either way its better then a single 12.7 UB on an IL2s rear end. Ive shot planes down with the IL2s top turret MG. And if you need more then 8 0.50s in noseguns to shoot down an enemy you got problems. Its by far the better attacker/medium bomber if your intent is to engage enemy airplanes. Of course the IL2 is not even in the bomber hangar anymore, with F3, cause, cause, cause why ?

Cause its such an outstanding fighter plane?  :lol

My point wasn't about the speed or maneuverability of the A-20 over the IL2, it was to point out that your comparison of the firepower between the A-20G and the IL2 was incorrect.  By claiming the A-20G was  "Death Star" you are inferring that it has greater firepower than the IL2, which it doesn't.  The foward firepower of the Il2 is far more powerful than that of the A-20G, in either IL2 load outs.  So, the analogy that you used to compare the firepower between both planes was incorrect. 

As for the turret in the A-20G, use it is useless which is why it's "under used".  Because of the size of the tail on the Havoc, it's basically useless for rear defense and all one needs to do to avoid the top turret in the A-20G is to approach from a slightly lower angle in the dead six position.  The turret can't deflect low enough to get a shot and if one knows how to properly engage bombers, the top turret isn't a threat at all when attacking from above.  In a maneuvering fight, the turret is only good enough to provide a distraction for the bandit and as long as the fight does not turn into a Lufberry, the bandit can stay out of the cone of fire.

If you want to get technical, the IL2 was designed as a ground attack plane and not as a bomber.  Which could be the reason why it's no longer able to be scored as a bomber.  When I first started, I also seem to recall the same issue with the Bf110 being able to be scored as a bomber as well but was later changed to just fighter and attack.

So in short...IL2 firepower > A-20G firepower

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2011, 06:27:01 AM »
F3 improves both your overall 360% vision and it allows you to line up ground targets better, most of all small ones like GVs. Most of all with a poor roller like the IL2 In effect thts all it does. I heard tales of accusation saying some were shooting forward guns in F3 but I found that, at best, a rediculous tactic.

Only because you weren't very good at it.  Just do a search of the forums and you'll see a series of films posted after HiTech asked for such films.  The films show how incredibly easy it really is to successfully shoot in F3 view and the films made a very persuasive argument to get rid of F3 from the DA but that's an entirely different argument though related.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »
Only because you weren't very good at it.  Just do a search of the forums and you'll see a series of films posted after HiTech asked for such films.  The films show how incredibly easy it really is to successfully shoot in F3 view and the films made a very persuasive argument to get rid of F3 from the DA but that's an entirely different argument though related.

ack-ack

I was going to post along the same lines.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
So in short...IL2 firepower > A-20G firepower

ack-ack

Not to mention you can't reach out and touch someone at 1.5K in an A20 like you can with the IL...  Yes, just keep flying straight away from me... I'll never catch you (BUT MY BULLETS WILL!!!!)
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
When I first started, I also seem to recall the same issue with the Bf110 being able to be scored as a bomber as well but was later changed to just fighter and attack.

ack-ack
The Bf110 was never scored as a bomber.  When the Mosquito Mk VI was first added it spent a few days as a bomber before being moved to the fighter hangar.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
lyric1 is correct, it was started by complaints of the Il-2's air-to-air efficacy.

I know what the official reason was. But look thru the smoke and mirrors.

Both of you know very well the truth of the IL2s "Il-2's air-to-air efficacy". Whatever small success it had in the ATA role was due to its use in fighting the horde intent on vulching and HO'ing around its own home runway. Did you quake with fear when you encountered a F3 IL2 while in your Spit or P-38? The IL2 never even had any "Il-2's air-to-air efficacy" in the first place. Unless you were flying against it like a bonehead. And even if you were up against the Queen of F3 gunning why are you in front of of the guns of such a slow, poorly climbing, sloppy rolling, lousy accelerating, bomber in the first place ?

And no doubt these "films" were provided by the same ones who wanted to get rid of the F3 in the first place. Even stranger was the fact that someone who flew it as much as I did had such problems shooting in F3, even tho I only tried it offlinie Personally I'd rather have an A-20s, or a Mossies, guns if shooting at a fighter then an IL2s 2 cannons.

But also moving it to the FH? Thats another thing.Taking away F3 only hurt the plane. Putting it in the FH also hurt the game itself.
Yes, your on "Ignore"