Author Topic: Custom arenas: Arena tables don't restore field/country relationships  (Read 1026 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
After configuring a Custom Arena and saving state in the "Arena Tables", a bug prevents returning later and restoring the situation. Almost every other detail can be restored, but nobody has been able to find a way of restoring field ownership to a custom arrangement of countries. This is discussed further here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318868.0.html

Comment: The general situation with saving and restoring Arena Tables is cumbersome and confusing, and I think this goes a long way to explain the sparse participation in custom arenas: Various menus display prominent references to options that either don't work at all or are better handled at other points in the process, and experience has shown that extra, counter-intuitive steps are often required to make changes "stick", etc. With experience, the community is getting better at finding a workable path forward, and we seem to have found (cumbersome) solutions to every problem except restoration of field ownership. I trust that with experience, the developers will replace the confusion with clarity and bring this area of Aces High up to the same standards of excellence that prevail elsewhere.
 :salute
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:49:23 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Custom arenas: Arena tables don't restore field/country relationships
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Skuzzy:

SORRY! I intended to post this in the "Aces High Bugs" forum, but my old brain just isn't keepin' up with the load.... Will ya please move this into the proper forum and accept my apologies....  [runs for cover]

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Re: Custom arenas: Arena tables don't restore field/country relationships
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:57:51 PM »
After configuring a Custom Arena and saving state in the "Arena Tables", a bug prevents returning later and restoring the situation. Almost every other detail can be restored, but nobody has been able to find a way of restoring field ownership to a custom arrangement of countries. This is discussed further here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318868.0.html

Comment: The general situation with saving and restoring Arena Tables is cumbersome and confusing, and I think this goes a long way to explain the sparse participation in custom arenas: Various menus display prominent references to options that either don't work at all or are better handled at other points in the process, and experience has shown that extra, counter-intuitive steps are often required to make changes "stick", etc. With experience, the community is getting better at finding a workable path forward, and we seem to have found (cumbersome) solutions to every problem except restoration of field ownership. I trust that with experience, the developers will replace the confusion with clarity and bring this area of Aces High up to the same standards of excellence that prevail elsewhere.

Yes, you are correct