Author Topic: So hows the game these days?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
Re: So hows the game these days?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »
:rofl  I think we're talking about two totally different Bettys!
:lol
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Airwolf

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 10:55:13 PM »
...cutting edge graphics if 1/2 the players cant even play the game?

The graphics are hardly "cutting edge"...Lots of room for improvement...

Offline Pixie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »
The graphics look cool but they kill my frame rates, I just fly with them off. The graphics are the least of my issues, just wish some people would fight once in a while!  :angel: :rock

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 06:33:16 AM »
Well I guess it sounds about like I expected with the hoards of cherry pickers. As far as when I last played I think it was around tour 104 or somewhere around there. The B29 was already in the game then if you guys are talking about the anti tank one with the big cannon in the nose.

As far as planes, I used to fly the K-4 all the time, so as long as it hasn't been messed with I guess I'd be happy. Would just be nice if the hoards of spits & lalas had gone away.  :(
"strafing"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
The B29 was already in the game then if you guys are talking about the anti tank one with the big cannon in the nose.
Not the B-25, the B-29  : )
Btw, if you fly K-4s, Lalas arent as bad. As for the spits, at least they wont run away from you  : )  Give it a try, Sir.
<S>
AoM
City of ice

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
i like it
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
:rofl  I think we're talking about two totally different Bettys!

Oh, lol, I saw her to a few days ago. Even she is on less. She has made me pay for mistakes a few times. :D
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »
hi
-AoM-

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
ok so I rejoined to give it a go. (game wouldn't give me a 2 week trial  :mad:). but damn I'm pretty rusty.. took awhile to figure out how to drop my fuel tank.  :rofl

One thing is certain, little has changed, in the game play.. I drug a P-51 away from the hoard had a decent little roundy round going with him until a F6F & 190- had to come join a for the l33t cherry picks. That was the only decent fight I found so far until the other 2 showed up for their l33t easy gankings, but I'm still getting back into the groove of things.

Ahh and  :salute Scotch
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:40:04 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
The gameplay IS what it IS. If that drove you off before...the new eye-candy will just barely last that 2 weeks before you reach the same conclusion as before. Absent hanging out with my friends, I prolly wouldn't play anymore either
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
The gameplay IS what it IS. If that drove you off before...the new eye-candy will just barely last that 2 weeks before you reach the same conclusion as before. Absent hanging out with my friends, I prolly wouldn't play anymore either

so true.  the attraction of ah (as in aw)  was always the friends you fly with.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 01:10:12 PM »

Eye candy never really did much for me, I just want some decent random fights. It's a shame that the Axis vs Allies never really got much attention from the player base as I'd prefer to have that kind of fighting environment but it was always dead when I played back then and still seems dead now. As for the MA, it used to be nice to have the separate MA's so you could go fly in the smaller of the two.

Anyway.. I guess I'll see how it goes but the MA is what the MA is..  :(
"strafing"

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 07:37:27 AM »
I was thinking about coming back for a spin but it doesn't sound like much has changed. Been away for about 15 months. I do miss hanging with Slash, Bear, Milvil, Angry, and the rest of my HA buddies.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »
I was thinking about coming back for a spin but it doesn't sound like much has changed. Been away for about 15 months. I do miss hanging with Slash, Bear, Milvil, Angry, and the rest of my HA buddies.

Yesterday was a bit better, I helped defend a base from some guys that kept trying to take it over and over. Wasn't any out standing fights but at least it wasn't hoards of Spit 16s, lalas every time. They were at least trying to fight for it.

One thing I've noticed though is it almost seems like F4U's are the new spit 16s (not even at carrier fights). I think I've seen more of them than Spits, since I decided to give it a try again. You might think that would be an improvement, but it's next to impossible to do much against lots of F4U's because they turn like freaking zeeks.

It's ok if you just want to BnZ but I always liked to get down into a fight, but when it's going to end up with 2 or 3 F4U's & maybe a F4F it's kinda pointless to do anything in a K-4 or Jug other than BnZ.

I went to the DA last night just to see if anything was decent and upped a Jug.. Flew out to the center and literally every plane was a F4U with 1 F4F so I just turned around and landed because there wasn't any point.

It's really a shame IMO, because this game has always had great potential but it just seems the average player wants the instant action of a first person shooter and landing their high score kills rather than quality dog fights. I must admit I was already feeling just as frustrated with the game 2 days in as I was when I left 2 years ago. I'm still hoping I can find some GF's out there as there just aren't that many games I really enjoy or have what I consider long term potential.
"strafing"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
If the lack of white knuckle 1v1s is the major reason you left, I'm afraid you're not going to find too much different these days in the MA.  It's a free-for-all in there, and the majority either dives out as soon as they lose advantage or flies in a group.

It's really a shame IMO, because this game has always had great potential but it just seems the average player wants the instant action of a first person shooter and landing their high score kills rather than quality dog fights.

In a cursory search of the forums, I found the first horde mention for AH that I saw was in mid-2001.  I didn't look that hard, but I'm betting there were earlier ones.

I have been formulating a theory that you old guys remember about 15 minutes after the servers came up in May of 2000, before enough people logged in that 10 or 20 of them figured out that if they all go to one place and somewhat work together, they can push the other side around.  That first 15 minutes when the servers opened became the 'good old days' and is what you judge the rest of your gameplay experience by.

I'm sorry you can't find enough 1v1s.  I don't understand why the people who want unmolested turn-based 1v1s don't organize to go into the DA and do it, but it doesn't seem to happen for whatever reason.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11