Author Topic: MADPSTFGDT! Thanks!  (Read 741 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
MADPSTFGDT! Thanks!
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
Middle Aged Dweeb Pilot Seeks Trainer For Guns Defense Training!

Specifically, I would like to work with someone on Barrel Roll Defense.  Best time for me would be during the week from roughly 10am-2pm Central Time(while the kids are in-school).  I prefer flying the Ki61 or Ki84, but can train in most any airframe since the concepts will be the same anyway.

Send me a PM or reply here.  Thanks in advance!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: MADPSTFGDT! Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »
PFactorDave,

I may be available Tuesday night, waiting to hear back from another student right on that day.  So depending on his response I may have Tuesday open.  I'll let you know either way. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
PFactorDave,

I may be available Tuesday night, waiting to hear back from another student right on that day.  So depending on his response I may have Tuesday open.  I'll let you know either way. 

BigRat

Thanks BigRat, just let me know.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »
Haven't heard back yet, check back here about 6pm central tomorrow and I should have an answer.  He's wanting to work on sorta the same stuff as you (but Corsair specific) , so even if he does want to work tomorrow I can probably work with the both of you.  As you said the principles are the same no matter which aircraft.  I'll be in the TA at 9 central time tomorrow in any case, but I'll post tomorrow as to the definitive plans.

BigRat
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
Haven't heard back yet, check back here about 6pm central tomorrow and I should have an answer.  He's wanting to work on sorta the same stuff as you (but Corsair specific) , so even if he does want to work tomorrow I can probably work with the both of you.  As you said the principles are the same no matter which aircraft.  I'll be in the TA at 9 central time tomorrow in any case, but I'll post tomorrow as to the definitive plans.

Will do.   :salute

I can fly one of those crooked winged blue things...  If I really have to...   :bolt:

Or, if nothing else, I can play the aggressor for the exercise and just listen in to the teaching.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:09:16 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:33 PM »
PFactorDave,

Looks like he is going to be able to make it tonight.  I'll probably have you ride along with me for a bit, my defence strategies are often hard to put into words, becouse they end up as a combination of moves that fluidly work together as shot denial and reversal.  So I advise filming to review later, if something isn't clear.

BigRat   

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
PFD, I fly the KI 61 alot,couldnt do much as far as training,but wouldnt mind being a target for you, or making passes on ya as you practice. We  Might both learn something.................... ..<S>..........(Sry typing this on my Kindle....its a bit of a bugger)
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
PFD, I fly the KI 61 alot,couldnt do much as far as training,but wouldnt mind being a target for you, or making passes on ya as you practice. We  Might both learn something.................... ..<S>..........(Sry typing this on my Kindle....its a bit of a bugger)

Just say the word MBailey!  I'm always up for it. 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
Thanks for your time BigRat!   :salute

I hope to put what you showed me to good use!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
Middle Aged Dweeb Pilot Seeks Trainer For Guns Defense Training!

Specifically, I would like to work with someone on Barrel Roll Defense.  Best time for me would be during the week from roughly 10am-2pm Central Time(while the kids are in-school).  I prefer flying the Ki61 or Ki84, but can train in most any airframe since the concepts will be the same anyway.

Send me a PM or reply here.  Thanks in advance!

if you have 9 minutes, you can click on the link in my signature and on our squad wike page go to Training and select the USN Barrel Roll training film, it's 8 minutes or so long.  That should get you there.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes