Author Topic: PC TV Tuner  (Read 393 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
PC TV Tuner
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:24:58 PM »
Been browsing Neweggs stuff and came across some things of interest. (not the George Forman grill). That did catch my eye though for the price.
Just wondering if anyone is using a digital TV tuner that is USB.  There's some pretty good comments on some of them.  I'm strapped
for room in my case for a PCI card for the time being. 

Thanks
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: PC TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
I use the Hauppauge PVR USB2 with IR blaster. The only downside is its not HD and there is lag with other televisions in the house. That can be annoying. They do have HD tuners now but anything I record gets compressed anyway.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »
I'd imagine that could be annoying, if you can hear the other tv's and they're out of sync a little. 
I'm leaning towards the Hauppauge myself.  Either that or one of those Kworld things.  The customers support
doesn't sound too promising though with Kworld.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »
LOL.....I remember that we had something like 8 seconds of lag on the HDtv with a cable company tuner/dvr.

When friends were over, we had one person on a cell phone in a room with the non-lag television telling one of us what was about to happen.

We harnessed that lag for both money and laughs during sporting events and Jeopardy.