Author Topic: <S> The Few  (Read 4913 times)

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: <S> The Few
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 05:30:59 AM »
The "Few" is alright. The problem starts with the "Many".

:cry

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 05:50:16 AM »
The "Few" is alright. The problem starts with the "Many".

Its tricky sometimes given for example last night we had 15 people on who all wanted to fly together. The typical scenario I noticed was the squad arrives in reasonable numbers and shoots down all the red guys in the area who are in the air. The defenders of the base then decide to up while there is a cap they get vulched. Some of The Few sticks then land large bags of kills which some take exception to. This is in the nature of the game however as it is dynamic. The base was then taken and the process continued at the next base. I think this is just another aspect of the game.

To the Few's credit I will say where our rotation leads to an inbalance on the countires we allways if breaking our usual cylce go for the country we believe will have the lowest numbers.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 05:55:09 AM »
I am not worthy of your greatness

Neither am I...........  but its fun :x
Ludere Vincere

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 06:18:14 AM »
If your not in the GFC your wee :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:35 AM »
Some of The Few sticks then land large bags of kills which some take exception to.

FWIW, it's not the large quantity of kills that most people take exception to, it's the 5v1 nature of how those kills were "earned."

Just saying.  ;)
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »
If your not in the GFC your wee :)

free diapers on membership signup?  :D  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 06:35:00 AM »
Missing me Nuke? :)

The GFC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 06:35:08 AM »
Its tricky sometimes given for example last night we had 15 people on who all wanted to fly together.
Look, heres my eyepoint: the best fun is when there is a large number of less-skilled/experienced players in EZ mode rides vs a smaller group of vets in less easy-mode but capable rides (k4? spit9? M-jug? 152?). It can couse a balanced gameplay. When its about the few (ehm) skilled guys in super EZ mode rides enforced with many (ehm) less skilled ones also in über EZ-mode rides ganging the enemy whos inferior in numbers... thats not my game.

There are some guys in your squad who earned all my respect with their flying skills, but in the other hand they do everything to lose it. Ok, you gonna say you poop on my respect, anyway, who i am, but its not only me saying the same.

Edit. just had the fight of the month with FlyOver   <Salutes>
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:42:04 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37:45 AM »
FWIW, it's not the large quantity of kills that most people take exception to, it's the 5v1 nature of how those kills were "earned."

Just saying.  ;)

Its a fair point but inevitable when you have allot of people flying together. Bruv in my experience actively discourages ganging though. I have seen the squad fight both with the numbers and against them from the inside of course. I think I am quite objective and what I have noticed tends to annoy is that the squad if arriving in numbers can kill a fight. I also notice other hordes pile in though and a couple of minutes later they are all dead so I honestly think there are an above average number of above average players in the squad and the teamwork is often very good.

Anyone who has taken the troube to think about it or done any reading about fighter tactics of the era on which the game is modelled knows people do better working as a team.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 06:38:18 AM »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:55 AM »
Look, heres my eyepoint: the best fun is when there is a large number of less-skilled/experienced players in EZ mode rides vs a smaller group of vets in less easy-mode but capable rides (k4? spit9? M-jug? 152?). It can couse a balanced gameplay. When its about the few (ehm) skilled guys in super EZ mode rides enforced with many (ehm) less skilled ones also in über EZ-mode rides ganging the enemy whos inferior in numbers... thats not my game.

There are some guys in your squad who earned all my respect with their flying skills, but in the other hand they do everything to lose it. Ok, you gonna say you poop on my respect, anyway, who i am, but its not only me saying the same.

No I think you make a good point and I would be in favor of high ENY sweeps. It could make the game more interesting. My experience of every squad is though they want to do well and arn't necessarily any more sporting than any other. The few is in theory a dictatorship but in practice more easy going and Bruv is not the sort to say you all have to fly a 20 or 30+ eny plane this sortie. If he did though he would get a  :salute from me but not necessarily everyone in a 30 member squad.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:45:37 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 06:45:24 AM »
All these uber "skilled" players  :rofl

"Skilled" = "Bad mannered and disrespectful"

The GFC

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »

Dunno man, I thought the DA was for 1v1 fair fights? Surely if you get yourself in a 5v1 situation you have made a mistake. You can't blame your enemy for devouring you, I mean... this is the point of the game, devour your enemy and keep your friends safe.

But sure, I get it... it is frustrating being outnumbered and dying. But if you kill 1, maybe 2 or even 3 of those cons 'ganging' you, you'd boast about it and feel like you flew well. Again, that is another point of the game, fly well, win well, lose well.

You never see any of The Few say 'haha you got ganged!'. Usually when we are flying together we are merely competing with each other to get the kill before someone else takes it from our 12. Never a thought goes through my head about the E-feelings of that red con getting shot down by me or my buddies.

I guess this is what all the public chat and banter is, is it? To let us know your feelings? aaaw bless, bless ya :salute

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »
AoM
City of ice

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »

Just saying.  ;)

Hypocrite, I've seen you frequently vulching and landing them vulches and taking the wtg's and participating in gangings as well, remember I pmed you and you said something along the lines of your ok with it now, why complain when others do?  :rofl