Author Topic: Ten years ago tomorrow  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: "Let's Roll."
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
 :salute
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: Ten years ago tomorrow
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

kinda like the modern day pearl harbour...

maybe one day we'll all learn to live with another peacefully...
as long as one country has what another wants or needs there will never ge peace im afraid....

Let us never forget the 343track firefighters who died infamously doing what they were trained to do knowing that day could very well be their last. For those that don't know, an airpack a firefighter wears while he's in the building has something called a pass alarm. If the firefighter stays still for more then a few seconds it will be gin to beep quietly, and progress through three stages. Gradually getting louder, higher in pitch and qhicker in pitch. Imagine 300 of the most obnoxious sounds all playing at once after seeing a two building collapse. If someone doesn't understand what im saying about the pass alarm noise, let me know I can get a video very easily.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:59:33 AM by MaSonZ »
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
There were a number of Police Officers from various departments who also went inside to help evacuate the buildings. They had no protective gear but went to help anyhow. It takes a certain kind of person to run to the sound of the guns or disaster to help their fellow man.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
 :pray :salute
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
I go to this web site every year on the 11th. I am still just as angry as the day it happened.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

:salute to those who ran towards the danger and those who serve today.

I hate watching that video, but I do every year, and every American should be required to.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
There were a number of Police Officers from various departments who also went inside to help evacuate the buildings. They had no protective gear but went to help anyhow. It takes a certain kind of person to run to the sound of the guns or disaster to help their fellow man.
didn't onow this,. I knew they were helping in the aftermath, but didn't know they went in the buildings.
HogDweeb

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
I go to this web site every year on the 11th. I am still just as angry as the day it happened.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

:salute to those who ran towards the danger and those who serve today.

That video makes me cry every time I watch it.

"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:05:31 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
 :pray :rock
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Phoenix 7

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
 :pray :salute
354th Pioneer Fighter Group

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »
for those itching to be annoyed by a single thing, here is what a Pass Alarm sounds like... every company of the airpack has their own sound, but it gives you an idea of what the firemen and other first responders heard 343 times over after the collapse of the Towers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3nThzsNHZU
HogDweeb

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »
I have been so busy with getting ready to leave Fort Lewis and head to Fort Riley, I am finally able to get on the forums and make this post. Ten years ago I was a member of the USS IWO JIMA(LHD-7) as we sat tied up to pier 10South at the Norfolk Naval Station. I was on the USS Wasp(LHD-1) tied up next to us getting some spare parts when I headed back to my boat. I walked into GSE shop and everyone was huddled around the tv. I turned in time to see the second jet hit the other tower and I turned to one of my fellow crew members and fellow native New Yorker in disbelief. Even 10 years later it is still something I find hard to believe. I remember driving across the Verranzano's Narrows Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn with my wife and looking to my left to see the still smoldering remants of the Twin Towers. I remember when the Towers were built in the late 70's much to the shagrin of some and then eventually they were an inseparable part of the New York skyline. I had and still have family that live in the City and connected to some who were there. A couple of years prior to 9-11, I drove up to NYC with friends of mine from Pennsylvania ( where I was living at the time) and we went to the Ladder 8 house(ghostbusters house) and we met some of the crew from 8 Truck. On 9-11 Ladder 8 lost one member, Lt Vincent Halloran, to  this day I believe he is one of NY Bravest that we met. 9-11 was and still is tough for me. I was a fire-fighter in Pennsylvania for about 6 years and I felt the loss of 343 of my bretheren. In 2004, when I was faced with a career choice either face discharge from the Navy due to downsizing or go into the Army, I chose the latter. New York was and still is my home and I took the attacks personally and I wanted to be involved in the fight to bring those who planned, perpetrated and financed the attacks to justice or actually ; revenge. Like my father before me, my dad fought in the Great War that defined his generation, I have fought and continue to fight in a war that defines mine.

:salute :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »

SSG Ed Kaufmann( formerly AT2 Ed Kaufmann)
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 07:44:38 PM »