Author Topic: Best fights of your AH carreer  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Best fights of your AH carreer
« on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Post em, its always fun to share stories.

Mine was when I got bounced in a 109K4 by an N1K2, a P-47 and a Ki-84. I had a slight E advantage, and quickly got the P-47. Fighting the Niki with rolling scissors, I was able to get angles on him just as the Ki-84 gets on my six and forces to be break-off. I dive for the deck, hoping to force a compression, but he keeps with me all the way, even though he had begun to compress at the bottom and was slow pulling up. This gave me a chance for a nice deflection shot on the niki, which resulted in a 1v1, the Ki-84 still dogedly clinging to my 6. Out of energy after pulling hard for the snapshot, I initate rolling scissors at low altitude. The Ki-84 can't seem to quite keep up with me in the verticle, but gains some advantage in the rolling. After about 10 minutes of fighting, we both break off in mutual consent.

<S> unknown Ki-84 pilot, you're one hell of a fight sir.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Best fights of your AH carreer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
Any time I get in a fight with Yenny or Debrody. Both of them like to fly their 109 the same way I do, so it's always interesting to see how the fight plays out.

Most recently though I took a 109 up against a very fun, small fight. After killing all the enemy in the area a few of us Rooks continued on to the enemies airfield. We were quickly outnumbered and I became isolated fighting against a spitfire. To my surprise, the fight stayed a 1v1 between the two of us for a good 3 minutes with many red aircraft flying around me. We both got hits on each others, but I was finally done in by Midway who had decided to jump into the fight. I got a pm from the spit pilot I fought who said apologized for Midway ruining our fun. He apparently kept calling everyone off me trying to keep it 1v1. I can't remember who that spit pilot was, but a BIG <S> to him for calling the 1v1 fight.  :salute

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »
Latrobe, do you remember that 262 vs Dora one? Definiately goes into my top 10. <S>!
AoM
City of ice

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:15 AM »
the first time I managed to win a rolling scissors fight (thanks to tips I read in the Help & Training Forum)   :rock 

I was so proud and the film looks so beautiful w/ trails on
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 05:17:04 AM »
that's a very hard question, I have had so many fights that were great or memorable

I guess the best was when I killed a vet twice in a row, in the same sortie, while being out numbered :rofl....when two years or so prior he killed me like 5 times in a row....maybe 6 :o

or the time I killed two of the best sticks in game in a 2vs1 :t

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 05:45:33 AM »
About three years ago I ran into Amsoil.  He was in a Pony D, me, a K4.  I don't know if Ams remembers, but it was a started at 15k ended up as a stallfight on the deck kind of fight.  Wish I had filmed it.  <S>  :salute :cheers:
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »
Every time I kill Midway is the best fight ever. It just gets better and better and better.

:salute Midway

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
<S> Midway :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
To many to count, but the 1v1 with mickyd his, spit5 on my 109f, and his spit8 on my g2 awesome 7 minute films of pure fight
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
With a Guy named "GameID". Was a p38J vs P38J.

Caught him offguard, shot him down while he was in autopilot. He reupped with a vengence.

The thing that made the fight so intense was the fact that we were fighting over a mountain. and whenever i got on six 6 he'd constantly start ether a turn fight on the side of the mountain, or go over the mountain to shake me off his six.

The fight escalated to us trying to outturn eachother on the side of this mountain, more dodging trees and houses than eachother's fire.

kicked rudder Hard right, got a shot on his wing, it came off and he went slamming into a barn.

one of the funnest fights i had in awhile. Still got it on film.
 :salute

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »
I would be playing at like 1am and the ex would come in and throw a pillow and blanket at me. Good fights her and I had over this game.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »
I would be playing at like 1am and the ex would come in and throw a pillow and blanket at me. Good fights her and I had over this game.

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
Every Time I land without crashing....was the fight great
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »
This was a few years back, I forget the pilots involved.  I had upped a 110 looking for buffs to rocket when a couple of P51D's stumbled upon me all alone.  I was still on an easy climbout at about 14k, they were running cap 18-20k.  Upon seeing my little lost 110, they winged over and went into attack mode.  I was able to avoid the first pass, however the ponies quickly lost cohesion and their pair fell apart.  I used a couple of shallow dives and turns away to extend and gain speed, and also create seperation between the two ponies.  After a few more passes, this ended up with them being completely out of Synch on their attacks and finally a snap shot with 30MM's to take out one of the adversaries.  The second one pressed his attack and I again forced the miss.  The Pony began to pull back over the top and come down the same line, thinking my 6 was being offered up, but I was in the middle of a bank and building E.  I quickly nosed the plane around and came up underneath the second pony on the dive.  He was going too fast to respond.  I then gave him some 30mm's to play with.  The fight lasted about 10 minutes, and was absolutely brutal.  Patience and a lot of luck helped me win out in the end...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:31 PM »
I spilled sweet and sour soup on my keyboard while fighting a pony in my spit 8.  I was able to clean and dry my keyboard and be back online in less than 2 hours.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.