Author Topic: Best fights of your AH carreer  (Read 2035 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: Best fights of your AH carreer
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:57 AM »
Two...

[Correction it was Pervert] in his 190D and me in a 51D. Few minutes of stall, etc then I ran out of gas and he kills me. I had my chance but missed an earlier kill shot. Very even fight till then, which speaks of his skill in a Dora. The 51D outturns all Doras but his.

Second, about a year ago I was in a Spit16 at 15K, came across 4 51D's. I had about 2k on them. 4 v 1, when it was over only 2a Ponys made it home, as did I. I was happy.

A third was a squadie Corpse and I get bounced. 4 v 2. Starts at 20k, ends on the deck. When its over Corpse has 2 kills with the other 2 running home. I had both assists but an awesome 4 v 2.

Boo
Loose Deuce
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
Best fight I ever had was against Freez years ago in K4's. 15 mins of absolute hand cramping, toe curling, head leaning action. We were stuck in the rolling scissors for at least 10 mins straight.

Best fight I ever watched was Kappa vs Murdr in 38s. I believe it was for the ToC win.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
Any fight that I can get into and where it stays 1vs1 and without any green or red guys jumping in, is a good fight imo  :salute

:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
Any fight that I can get into and where it stays 1vs1 and without any green or red guys jumping in, is a good fight imo  :salute

^
QFT

i usually end up losing any 1v1, but they are all fun IMO. Ive had fun fights with Debrody, TONGS, Zoney, Rogent, Midway, Hymi ( 10 out of 10 he smokes me)
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »

THIS!
Strokes

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 06:00:08 AM »
My best fight was when i was returning to the a carrier after taking out the dar at a rook base and a P-51 jumped me. I was in an f6f. We started trying to out turn each other rolling, climbing, stalling and diving. the fight lasted about ten minutes doing every thing we could but eventually we both gave up an i returned to base
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
A few years back, I had a great turnfight with Wags...he in a B-17 and me in a B-24....he got me fair and square after about 4 minutes of gyrations, trying not to tear the wings off the planes.   :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
vOid from 1st Guns, he was flying a 109F, doesn't matter what I flew he out flew it, I know for a fact nobody else out flew him either.

I've flown against Bruv, shawk, grizz although every one is a good pilot - I never seen anyone master every aircraft with perfect precision in any situation as vOid.

From personal Experience he was in a 109F and I was in a Spit16 - we went round and round after the merge, neither Ho'ing but attempted to gain the advantage, a friendly came in with a Typhoon and it was now 1vs2.
void would stay Vertical as would I, neither would Ho unless we had an advantage over the other. Still nobody would Ho, a friendly Typhoon joined the fight and made the normal *400 mph Ho Passes* and it didn't work, we would go round and round even more while he was dodging Ho passes.

I ran out of Fuel, same for vOid, the tiffy came down and picked him while he was dry - he was so frustrated he logged, but I finally asked him how he beat me - he flat out said "I cheet".

Most knits know i say this to the good knit pilots, but in reality - he beat my butt so bad I know for a fact Bruv or Grizz couldn't come close to what vOid did, last I heard he was getting married to a Chef in Berlin and thats the last I seen him.

I've never fought you.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
Except for once in LA's Bruv has owned me no matter what I was flying, or what he was flying. Best consistant fights I've gotten have been against SF in LA's.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
A few years ago, there was a Bf 109K-4 in Blue that was killing too many of my countrymen. I decided that it was up to me to save the war! I was still somewhat new to 38s and the skills needed to win a 1v1, but it was only a piddly K4 after all. We entered into a short and intense fight. I died. He made it look a little too effortless. So to redeem the honor of the P-38, I proceeded to hunt down the red tulip 109. Whether the reason was, his skill or me being rammed twice by Spit16s, I never managed to get him.

It was a thorn in my side. Day and night I fantasized about killing the red tulip 109. I could sense his giggles as he thought about the feeble attempts of that desperate 38 to kill him. He haunted me for days. Then the opportunity presented itself.

I was in the AvA waiting for one of Larry's mission to begin. Over 200 came the pilot of the 109. I grinned to myself, "He's mine". I checked the rooster and saw he was on the opposing side. As I closed the clipboard, as if by fate, the red tulip 109 loomed into view. I could feel it, it was him. We were co-E at 3k, all alone, and the fight began.

We both opened up with a chandelle and entered a rolling scissor. We stayed in the scissor for several minutes till I started gaining the advantage. He broke into a hard turn on the deck. I foolishly attempted to follow but was to fast and overshot. I kept the turn going hoping my superior speed would allow me maintain a higher turn rate. I briefly outturned him, but only enough salvage myself from the overshot. We were below the treetops as we wrestled with our flaps and fought our bucking and buffeting planes. We dodged barns and scared off the now extinct sheep.

I knew it was time to use one of the many superior abilities of the 38 to pull out the win. I started to make climbing right turns to build up energy and avoid a lufberry. The torque-handicapped 109 couldn't build the E as quickly as I and I soon regained the advantage. I managed to work myself into position to make small BnZ style slashing attacks.

Finally I was able to begin taking snapshots at my despised enemy. I tickled him a few times with my 50 cals, but nothing major. Eventually I shot off an aileron as I slowly continued to improve my position. I watched his desperate squirms for life as I pulled up into what would be my final attack. He had no options left. I began laughing out loud as I realized I had him dead to rights. AHA I was about to be delivered from the nightmares!

BOOM! Whaaa? My tail's gone?? Noooo I had him! Somehow he managed to hang it on the prop and land a tater... The red tulip 109 lived to fight another day.

From that point on it became my duty to purge the skies of all 109s, to cleanse the air of their pilots, and assert the clear dominance of the P-38. I like to think I have seared the image of the fork tailed devil into more than a few 109 pilots over the years. May that image haunt them the same way Tec haunted me that week in his red tulip K4!
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
A few years ago, there was a Bf 109K-4 in Blue that was killing too many of my countrymen. I decided that it was up to me to save the war! I was still somewhat new to 38s and the skills needed to win a 1v1, but it was only a piddly K4 after all. We entered into a short and intense fight. I died. He made it look a little too effortless. So to redeem the honor of the P-38, I proceeded to hunt down the red tulip 109. Whether the reason was, his skill or me being rammed twice by Spit16s, I never managed to get him.

It was a thorn in my side. Day and night I fantasized about killing the red tulip 109. I could sense his giggles as he thought about the feeble attempts of that desperate 38 to kill him. He haunted me for days. Then the opportunity presented itself.

I was in the AvA waiting for one of Larry's mission to begin. Over 200 came the pilot of the 109. I grinned to myself, "He's mine". I checked the rooster and saw he was on the opposing side. As I closed the clipboard, as if by fate, the red tulip 109 loomed into view. I could feel it, it was him. We were co-E at 3k, all alone, and the fight began.

We both opened up with a chandelle and entered a rolling scissor. We stayed in the scissor for several minutes till I started gaining the advantage. He broke into a hard turn on the deck. I foolishly attempted to follow but was to fast and overshot. I kept the turn going hoping my superior speed would allow me maintain a higher turn rate. I briefly outturned him, but only enough salvage myself from the overshot. We were below the treetops as we wrestled with our flaps and fought our bucking and buffeting planes. We dodged barns and scared off the now extinct sheep.

I knew it was time to use one of the many superior abilities of the 38 to pull out the win. I started to make climbing right turns to build up energy and avoid a lufberry. The torque-handicapped 109 couldn't build the E as quickly as I and I soon regained the advantage. I managed to work myself into position to make small BnZ style slashing attacks.

Finally I was able to begin taking snapshots at my despised enemy. I tickled him a few times with my 50 cals, but nothing major. Eventually I shot off an aileron as I slowly continued to improve my position. I watched his desperate squirms for life as I pulled up into what would be my final attack. He had no options left. I began laughing out loud as I realized I had him dead to rights. AHA I was about to be delivered from the nightmares!

BOOM! Whaaa? My tail's gone?? Noooo I had him! Somehow he managed to hang it on the prop and land a tater... The red tulip 109 lived to fight another day.

From that point on it became my duty to purge the skies of all 109s, to cleanse the air of their pilots, and assert the clear dominance of the P-38. I like to think I have seared the image of the fork tailed devil into more than a few 109 pilots over the years. May that image haunt them the same way Tec haunted me that week in his red tulip K4!

nice :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
nice :aok

Agreed. Most excellent AAR Cactus.

- oldman

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
I've never fought you.
:rofl :rofl :rofl   i did....each it idnt end well for me  :uhoh

except when we were in  51b's in koth :D ;) :salute :airplane:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »
Only time i believe ive fought Grizz was for who was going to get the kill on a fleeing Nikki.

sadly(for my kill count) he got to it first  :(

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
The best fight I ever had was a guy called l0id, he was in a plane and I also was in a plane we went for the merge and none of us would HO, as we turned into each other again I was thinking 'Is this guy going to HO?' I could sense he was thinking the same 'Is this guy going to HO?'

We merge again and no one HOs! I knew then that what he had been thinking was wrong about the HOing bit and also I was wrong about him HOing me, the thing to remember here is that we had'nt HOed up to this point....

Boy was I in for a surprise...we turned nose to nose merging again here it comes hes gonna HO hes gonna HO but no he doesn't HO and neither do I.

This fight was in the old H2H arenas so we have unlimited fuel and ammo the minutes tick by minutes turn to hours hours to days at one point (I think it was day 3 of the fight) these friendlies in 262 come in and pick the fight they kill each other via kilshooter I think to myself 'thats funny, we have been fighting for 3 days with no HOs and they are actually HOing each other'

On the 7th day his plane went limp spiraling down to the ground I had won, the bad news is that he really did die in real life from exhaustion starvation and rickets. The most impressive thing is

1. No HOs in 7 days of fighting
2. The guy really died