Author Topic: HE177  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: HE177
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 07:47:10 AM »
its used as a TD, assault gun, defense gun (v-base attacks) spawn camp breaker (harder to see due to its low sillhouette), NOT bombing a GV fight and many more things. also, never compare WOT to AH, they are so different the only somewhat similarity is the camping. and do you really want to think a TD that was intended for ambushes to really be out in front doing all the dirty work?
Nothing you've stated garrentee's people will up the Stug instead of a Panzer.

Assault gun? Panzer is better than the stug in that catagory.  Theres no reason to up a stug.

Defence gun? Panzers still better. Plus when it comes to defence, most people just up tigers anyways.

spawn camp breaker? Not likely. Its not that hard to see. Multiple eyes spanning a spawn point, someone will spot it.

many more things? might want to name those many more things because the stuff you did name isent cutting it.

so far you havent named valid reasons how the stug would see more combat than the he177.

Also, Even tho Wot and AH are different, the tactics used in one can be applied to the other.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
Nothing you've stated garrentee's people will up the Stug instead of a Panzer.

Assault gun? Panzer is better than the stug in that catagory.  Theres no reason to up a stug.

Defence gun? Panzers still better. Plus when it comes to defence, most people just up tigers anyways.

spawn camp breaker? Not likely. Its not that hard to see. Multiple eyes spanning a spawn point, someone will spot it.

many more things? might want to name those many more things because the stuff you did name isnt cutting it.

so far you havent named valid reasons how the stug would see more combat than the he177.
as far as the spawn camp breaker, up at least 5 of them and you could stop a decent sized spawn camp. yes, the height of a vehicle matters. the lower the sillhouette the harder it is to see. most people dont see jeeps right away because its so tiny, but they know where it is because of the engine noise.

as the base defence, it would be alot better than a tiger in the ways that you dont have to expose sides of your turret where its weaker and possibly die from it.

the assault gun part you said yourself a while back that it was better suited for attacking towns than a panzer.

as far as the HE-177 will go its just going to be an oversized betty. if they model it like karnak said, weak due to its massive amount of failures then people just wont use it. when was the last time you saw people running G4M's to kill bases? most likely not in the past 3 weeks. its because the plane is so weak people dont want to use it.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

as far as the HE-177 will go its just going to be an oversized betty. if they model it like karnak said, weak due to its massive amount of failures then people just wont use it. when was the last time you saw people running G4M's to kill bases? most likely not in the past 3 weeks. its because the plane is so weak people dont want to use it.
The bettys shortcoming is not the fact that its "Weak". Its that it doesnt have a sufficient enough Bombload to take on AF's the way other heavies do.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »
The bettys shortcoming is not the fact that its "Weak".

are you kidding?! put the crack pipe down and take a good look at what you just wrote. the betty is one of the top 5 weakest bombers in game. its defenseive guns suck, the engines and other fuel tanks catch on fire easily and it could be downed by a pass or 2 from a FM2. if you want to test this theory try it in the DA with someone, up a formation of betty's and wait how long it is until he kills you. it probably wont be long because the japaneese didnt know what "armor" was...the only really safe way to keep a betty alive is to fly it at 30k+ hardly anyone likes to go up that far just to risk their perk plane/waste time to be downed by bombers. *possibly*

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »
if you want to test this theory try it in the DA with someone, up a formation of betty's and wait how long it is until he kills you
When i say the g4m's prob wasent that it was "Weak" i was addressing your comment about people upping g4ms to drop fields, not g4ms vs other planes.

Sure, its defensive fire sucks(except for the 20mm in the tail) And it has little armor, but concerning g4ms upping against fields, thats not the main reason people dont.

The betty doesnt have a very good payload to do much damage to a field. a Town? maybe. but 1 pass with a formation of betty's will get you only 1 droped hanger.

no one wants to up a buff that can only drop one hanger when they could up say, a b25, and drop 3.

Also i have seen a few betty's in MW and EW. Why your commenting tho on ONLINE experiances, i have not the slightest clue.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
When i say the g4m's prob wasent that it was "Weak" i was addressing your comment about people upping g4ms to drop fields, not g4ms vs other planes.

Sure, its defensive fire sucks(except for the 20mm in the tail) And it has little armor, but concerning g4ms upping against fields, thats not the main reason people dont.

The betty doesnt have a very good payload to do much damage to a field. a Town? maybe. but 1 pass with a formation of betty's will get you only 1 droped hanger.

no one wants to up a buff that can only drop one hanger when they could up say, a b25, and drop 3.

Also i have seen a few betty's in MW and EW. Why your commenting tho on ONLINE experiences, i have not the slightest clue.

the best that 20mm in the tail can do is knock out engines most of the time. sure ive gotten a few kills with it but the payload is good enough to wipe out at least 40% of town in one pass, depending on the bombs you take.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
The G4M1 was added for scenario use, and it does see good usage there.

In the MA it is a good perk gathering bomber if used to hit towns from 10-15k.  It climbs very rapidly for a bomber so you can make quick runs in it.

Don't expect to survive if intercepted though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
     Holy cow, get a room already!  :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars