Author Topic: Object Down Times  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Object Down Times
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »
I cannot get downtimes to work.  I've tried setting the "downtime multiplier" 100 and setting individual objects downtime to 180, but nothing seems to affect the actual downtime.  I must be missing something, but I'm stumped.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Object Down Times
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:30:52 AM »
I've gotten it to work before. I set the downtime multiplier to something like 0.0625 and stuff like radar only stays down for 8-9 minutes.  I haven't played with individual downtimes, just the multiplier.

If you set it like you've shown, I believe the three-hour (180 minute) downtime is multiplied by 100 and the object will stay down for 18000 minutes. 
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »
That's what I want it to do, but it keeps coming back. Basically if something is destoryed I want to stay destroyed for the entire frame.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »
Downtime Multiplier is a global param affecting all objects...
Object downtime is a decimal minutes based param for each type of object (Arena Wide)

I think we are confusing here the global multiplier with the object downtime

The global downtime multiplier multiples all downtime's set in the object settings (minutes down)

Step 1: Go to Objects > Object Settings to effect a change on an object type's down time in minutes...think the max value is 360

Step 2: If you want global control (rarely used and ostensibly deprecated)...then go to Environment > Arena Settings and ramp up the multiplier (default is 1.00)

This simply multiplies the downtime's of all object types in the Objects > Object Settings downtime's...which you set in step 1 above...

If you don't want stuff to pop back up simply set that objects downtime in the Objects > Objects Settings to 360

Oneway
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:59:52 PM by oneway »

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:50 AM »
Thanks for the info. That's how I thought it worked and setting the global multiplier should have done the job.  I'll try it again tonight.

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
The global modifier worked. I must have just goofed it the first time.