Author Topic: How many of you played on this map???  (Read 1739 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: How many of you played on this map???
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
I sure don't miss the accidental logging in at 17:59 on GEnie for the $12 an hour whoopsie

I had a few of those days................... :confused:

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
I played on it back in 1992.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
Think it was Mage who got a call late one night...
Myself and three other Bz's took the arena over, Owned Az land and was vulching the guys as they tried to up at their last base.
Someone who was Az called and complained, and Mage was not a happy camper and booted all of us. Or was it Moggy? Don't recall all the details, but we all four heard about it.
Good times at the Spit Factory, and those Death Star rides were always fun, except the night I was riding with someone who had put unlimited JATO on his bomber and seemed to have an unlimited bomb supply. As I recalled, I bailed once I realized what was going on. Stayed in hiding under my bed for three weeks expecting someone to knock on my door.  :rofl

(One of the 10,000)
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:10 PM »
 Heh my first taste of WW2 aerial combat. Have the V 1.5 disk and case here on my desk lol.  Never played online but remember it asking me to log onto GEnie.  First player to player combat was me vs Thndregg on a null modem connection with my IMB PS-1 SX 50 Mgz  when I was 18 lol :)
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 05:24:59 AM »
I have AW3 in my PC.......and films I made in ........mmmm.....1998???  :old:
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
1996-97 aol had a 4 sided map...green, red, gold, purple....4 bases per team....reset the map and you got back the same map...that is one of the reasons I never ever complain about any of our maps today.  Also, they charged $1.99 hr which usually = to a minimum of $300 a month.  Tiggerr, Ebola, Dkfi, Pacerr, Hammer were the main sticks back in the day...ended up joining 367th(pacerrs squad) been there ever since. :rock
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »
Hay, Falconwing  is that you FALCON23?  Alchemist right?

NEGATORY!  Falc was the longest Commanding Officer of the "Birds of Prey", otherwise known as "BOPS".  In AirWarrior I once was a BOP in RRETO4 but I also played in RRETO2 as an "INTRUDER", "Confederate Knight", and ended as a "Flying Skillet".  After AirWarrior was killed off by ElectronicFarts, I came here as a member of "Manx" 4-wing and then went to the Hornets (Busher's squad), after Manx left or a different game and then Busher took a vacation from AH and we merged with the BOPS and I stayed there for years and finally went to the "Flying Circus", which is a bunch of us old farts from AW that knew and flew with each other back then.  Falconwing was a great tactition and has a great strategic mind and was a GREAT Commanding Officer and a good friend.  Falc created the Birds of Prey here in AcesHigh after the demise of AirWarrior, at the hands of Electronic Arts aka... Electronic Farts.  AW was great and thrived when it was owned by old Ruppert Murdock.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
1996-97 aol had a 4 sided map...green, red, gold, purple....4 bases per team....reset the map and you got back the same map...that is one of the reasons I never ever complain about any of our maps today.  Also, they charged $1.99 hr which usually = to a minimum of $300 a month.  Tiggerr, Ebola, Dkfi, Pacerr, Hammer were the main sticks back in the day...ended up joining 367th(pacerrs squad) been there ever since. :rock

Hmmm... I was on AOHell from back in 95 and we did have a 4-sided map but it was A,B,C, and D (which was a neutral country and could be captured but not populated on it's own...you couldn't join D country).  There were a whole slew more than 4 bases per country and was no hourly charge back then.  I know I'm old and my memory is failing but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. hehehhe  What you are describing is pre 1995 and most likely pre airwarrior 4 winblows debut on aoHell.

All the Best...

Jay
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:49:25 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
I remember back in the mid 90's when some piles mentioned that he was gonna get a thing called dsl.  we all asked him what it was, he said it was to connect to the internet at a much faster rate that aol.  we all laughed at him told him he was crazy.  there was nothing faster or better than aol.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Hmmm... I was on AOHell from back in 95  and was no hourly charge back then.  I know I'm old and my memory is failing but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. hehehhe  What you are describing is pre 1995 and most likely pre airwarrior 4 winblows debut on aoHell.

All the Best...

Jay

Doc/Jay,

yes sir,
there was an hourly charge starting out, then it went FREE for AOL subscribers for a little while, then it came back again with a fee to play AW ..... I believe the 2nd time around it may have went to a monthly fee perhaps ( ya know, we all forget crap as we get older, ROFL)......... but that was when I was in the middle of still having AOL but also was playing more over on BigWeek  as Gamestorm was starting up / ramping up

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
Doc/Jay,

yes sir,
there was an hourly charge starting out, then it went FREE for AOL subscribers for a little while, then it came back again with a fee to play AW ..... I believe the 2nd time around it may have went to a monthly fee perhaps ( ya know, we all forget crap as we get older, ROFL)......... but that was when I was in the middle of still having AOL but also was playing more over on BigWeek  as Gamestorm was starting up / ramping up

cheers

TC

LOL TC, I still can't remember paying while on aoHELL.  I do seem to remember that when Gamestorm opened it's doors and the majority of us migrated there that those left on aohell did have to pay like 1.99 per hour of so.  My memory at the end is fragmented due to a massive skull fracture that I suffered on 2/22/99 or somewhere around there.  Perhaps I'm just not remembering that I had to pay and I'm not saying that you are wrong on your recollection of events back then.    I hope you are still keeping up your upgrading less fortunate folks equipment here and you have always done a bang up job in that respect! <S>

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
   I hope you are still keeping up your upgrading less fortunate folks equipment here and you have always done a bang up job in that respect! <S>

All the Best...

Jay

heya Jay,

sorry to hear of your head injury, bummer.......

Yes Sir, I am still helping other AH Players as much as I can...... I am in the process of putting another PC together at this current time actually......

I got everything I need except a case,  am looking for a decent case nothing fancy and nothing cheap with no air flow what so ever

I got everything else........  this next fellow AH Player is still using an athlonXP 2600+ cpu & AGP VC.........  am hoping to get him up to dual core and PCIe  VC status

the march goes on,  and thanks for the support, much appreciated

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
Remember the VOD!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
Remember the VOD!

Steve old budro... how can we forget the Valley of Death?   Ah... for the good old days!  When ya gonna come back and fly with us again?  Now when ya gonna update the picx of your youngen?

All the Best...

Jay
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:48:31 PM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
Steve old budro... how can we forget the Valley of Death?   Ah... for the good old days!  When ya gonna come back and fly with us again?  Now when ya gonna update the picx of your youngen?

All the Best...

Jay

Hey Jay.  :)

Good to hear from ya.

I began flying again last night. Well ..sort of. I wallowed around and pretty much missed everything I managed to shoot at.  lol
 For a while I lived so far out in the stix that the only internet was cellular.... really.   Bought a house in Tomahawk and ordered the fastest cable they had(withdrawal related).
The kids are 5 years old... hard to believe.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve