Author Topic: a Request to drop jets, rocket planes and medium attack-bombers  (Read 2731 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
a Request to drop jets, rocket planes and medium attack-bombers
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
Hello AH Koth Participants and KOTH CM's,

I would like to start a discussion on removing the Me262, me163, A-20, Boston III, ( and any other currently allowed medium bomber )

the KOTH is supposed to be about Aerial combat between Fighter planes, not about seeing who can last the longest before running out of fuel! and when someone picks the ME262 or me163 95% of the people actually end up getting sent to the tower due to running out of fuel ( maybe not that high a percentage regarding the me262, but still )

in my personal view, using the jets/rocket planes and even the A-20 & boston, were not what the Original tournament creator ( STICK of the 327th Eagles back in Air Warrior ) had in mind when he designed this event. to me it takes away from what this event is supposed to be representing!

edit: I am not asking that the Stuka, Val, TBM, SBD  be removed........ all of these are very intense / enjoyable fights

start  the debate Ladies & Gentlemen, and please lets keep it civil

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:37:35 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
Re: a Request to drop jets, rocket planes and medium attack-bombers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »
-1    Maybe the 163 should be removed, but that's it IMO.

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
agree with micky

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
-1    Maybe the 163 should be removed, but that's it IMO.

agree with micky

would either of you like to post your reasons for not wanting to get rid of any of them , or rid of the others if u do want the 163 gone???

I was hoping for discussion / debates / reasoning for why others think they should stay or why others think they should be removed, not just  +1 or -1, this answer is not an opinion it is just a vote type answer, from my view.....

tell us why you do not want them to be removed, please

thanks

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »
Well i think that the 262 is one of the most fun rides in KOTH, especially when you get a 1v1!  In the last KOTH, me and Amsoil had an epic 5 minute (well nearly :D) 1v1!
http://www.mediafire.com/?ahz3s78nz7w5qqv

I think that there is too little fuel in the 163 and i'm guessing it would be impossible to stay below 6k when you get up to full whack!
As far as the A20 goes, i believe that it adds just as much diversity as the Val, Stuka etc, and is more enjoyable to fight in IMO.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:52:25 PM by MickDono »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
Whoa, one of my 3 round wins was in a 163 and if it wasnt a 163 i wouldnt have won. It takes a separate set of skills to win in a 163.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
yer its simple for me 163 great but easily turn into a fuel saving contest ;)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »
163 is fun!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »

262 like it or not is a skill plane - should be kept - and that goes for the 163 as well - noobs with no E management skills die easily

Medium bombers should also be kept - they did fight if they had to - even though their epic nose gun was for strafing - on top of that managing a medium bomber in a dogfight requires slightly MORE skill than a spitfire and that is suiting for KOTH RIGHT??

want more reasons - am more than willing to rant
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:51 AM »
Crabby, in a duel/KOTH situation the spitfire requires the same set of skills as any other aircraft. In the MA, youre right, its completely different.

Keep the jets plz. 262s are a fun plane to scissor in. The only bad thing about it: its a "pickers rule" plane, once you turn with them, even if you win, youre dead. The 163 can do 380 for 23 minutes, more than enough for a koth round IMO.
AoM
City of ice

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
Hello AH Koth Participants and KOTH CM's,

I would like to start a discussion on removing the Me262, me163, A-20, Boston III, ( and any other currently allowed medium bomber )

the KOTH is supposed to be about Aerial combat between Fighter planes, not about seeing who can last the longest before running out of fuel! and when someone picks the ME262 or me163 95% of the people actually end up getting sent to the tower due to running out of fuel ( maybe not that high a percentage regarding the me262, but still )

in my personal view, using the jets/rocket planes and even the A-20 & boston, were not what the Original tournament creator ( STICK of the 327th Eagles back in Air Warrior ) had in mind when he designed this event. to me it takes away from what this event is supposed to be representing!

edit: I am not asking that the Stuka, Val, TBM, SBD  be removed........ all of these are very intense / enjoyable fights

start  the debate Ladies & Gentlemen, and please lets keep it civil

<S>

TC

+1 TC

While we are at it why do we not include the WW1 planes?? Of course I am biased in this respect but in terms of stick input the WW1 rides require more skill to fly than the WW2 its a lot harder to pick in a WW1 plane your advantage is lost the moment you start to get guns on an adversary.

From the last one the compliant was there wasn't enough seperation but its all relative and that wasn't true.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 05:06:26 AM »
"air war died with the prop"
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
I agree with TC. 163s and 262s aren't a very good planes for KOTH. I love d3a fights and stuka fights though!! them are the most intense fights in my opinion.

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
I don't think Me163s are in the spirit of koth.  It's just a fuel saving contest as someone else said.  If you actually get into a real fight, you are forced to use lots of fuel for the required thrust to maneuver that thing at slow speeds.  As result you will run out of fuel by the end of the round.  So basically, getting into a fight, which is in the spirit of koth, compromises your ability to win the round.  

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
I don't think Me163s are in the spirit of koth.  It's just a fuel saving contest as someone else said.  If you actually get into a real fight, you are forced to use lots of fuel for the required thrust to maneuver that thing at slow speeds.  As result you will run out of fuel by the end of the round.  So basically, getting into a fight, which is in the spirit of koth, compromises your ability to win the round.  

But, doesn't every fight you get in compromise your ability to win in some way or another?