Author Topic: +1 For 3 hr Switch  (Read 3106 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: +1 For 3 hr Switch
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »
Six?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:35:03 PM by icepac »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 11:27:17 PM »
Needs back to 1 hour again, does no one who makes this game go on it once in a while to see how as big a change as 12 hour switch would affect gameplay?  :rolleyes:
They don't play the game.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »
Not even once in a while?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
I think it was several days back in the begining.   I've never changed sides.  I don't care if I'm out numbered , that's how the game is designed .   One side is always outnumbered by the other two sides.  I've seen it set at different times to different levels , 1 hour, 12 hours, several days to a week.  I think the 12 hour is the best balance.   Stopped the spys from spotting the CV's that's for sure.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 12:56:59 AM »
I think it was several days back in the begining.   I've never changed sides.  I don't care if I'm out numbered , that's how the game is designed .   One side is always outnumbered by the other two sides.  I've seen it set at different times to different levels , 1 hour, 12 hours, several days to a week.  I think the 12 hour is the best balance.   Stopped the spys from spotting the CV's that's for sure.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

+1 needs to be no time limit and a perk cost when you switch

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 01:08:46 AM »
+1 to limit the number of threads whining about changing the switch time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 09:05:20 AM »

not needed.

Cav
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

I willing to bet a box of Duncan yo-yo's you're wrong  :cool:

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
Has anyone complained about "spying" lately?

Maybe someone should?  :devil

4 hours.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
nope; 24 hrs the old way is sweet for me; keeps gamers from gaming the game more than they do already.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
Guess what?
Lets completely delete the side switch in the game. Be loyal to your chess piece. The others are just evil scum anyway. Never mind if you have to horde, couse its about win teh warzzz. ACM is for those maroons anyway.
 :bhead

You cant change the players. If you dont like it, change he game. There are MANY choices how to avoid spying <amazing paranoid face here lol>. Heres is the most simple one:
-it would cost perks to switch to the side what has larger numbers. Quasi horde tax. Keep the time limit, one switch in 2-3 hours. 
What it would do? Balanced sides, no switches towards the hording side, but would allow the players to fight against the horde.
Its not my idea. But i perefer this.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:40:47 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
I was thinking 3 because it seems fair enough. It's not a "short" time as 1 hour but it's not half the damn day either. 3 hrs seems like a good medium. I havent switched countries in a month. I also havent played as much this month because of lack of fights. Not lack of people, just general lack of good fight. Join the horde or fight it. Pretty soon, fighting the horde becomes a bit boring,
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I agree that there are large groups either trying to take a base and large groups trying to defend a base.  There are also alot of people on here saying they don't like fighting the horde and do not want to fight that way.  Sometimes I like to fight the horde, sometimes I like to be in the horde, but mostly I look for fights away from the horde.  I find plenty of them but then again I'm not in any hurry to have some fun.  I don't mind flying the edges of the bigger fights looking for smaller fights.  Well if there are guys like me doing that, and guys here wanting those fights then there are plenty of us finding each other and having those small fights.  I understand that the preponderance of players may still be with/against the horde but I think it is more a question of patience.  If you want to "hurry up and have fun" well ok then, but you have made that choice and that choice sends you toward a "target rich environment", the horde alot of the times.

Finally, +1 on the 3 hour side switch.  Because it will make the game better in my opinion by giving folks the opportunity to switch to the lower number side.  I don"t however believe that it is going to make any difference on whether players choose to fly with/against the horde.

Z

I love this game.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »
nope; 24 hrs the old way is sweet for me; keeps gamers from gaming the game more than they do already.

But then you'd have 24 hour side switchin' gamers gaming the game instead of 12 hour side switchin' gamers.

Wait, what the heck are you talking about "gaming the game"?  :huh

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
But then you'd have 24 hour side switchin' gamers gaming the game instead of 12 hour side switchin' gamers.

Wait, what the heck are you talking about "gaming the game"?  :huh
he is talking about the reality that Aces High is in fact.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5