Author Topic: DFC Ladder Challenge and results  (Read 21542 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: DFC Ladder Challenge and results
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »
Krupinski, you have officially been challenged. I am on the road until Sunday, do you have time then?

Boo
 :salute
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:42 AM »
midway are you on the ladder yet?

:frown: :headscratch: :uhoh I am not yet good enough and don't like competition unless I believe I have a chance to win which, right now, I don't.  :cry :frown: :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2011, 08:10:09 AM »
:frown: :headscratch: :uhoh I am not yet good enough and don't like competition unless I believe I have a chance to win which, right now, I don't.  :cry :frown: :salute

this is a very cowardly approach to learning.   Dueling people better than yourself is crucial to improve ones own skills.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
Midways pure flying skills would allow him to get some success.
He would annoy us to hell tho.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
this is a very cowardly approach to learning.   Dueling people better than yourself is crucial to improve ones own skills.

Yes sir.  :cry :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:56 AM »
this is a very cowardly approach to learning.   Dueling people better than yourself is crucial to improve ones own skills.

QFT.   i think Midway would do fine in this event.
-AoM-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Man up Nancy. I'm about to get a beat down and I'm going learn and be better for it.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
Judging by the prodding I'm seeing of Midway, is it safe to assume it's NOT too late to join this event?

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
I guess I'll challenge Akelfy!!  :)

Feel free to pm me a day and time!  :airplane:
PM sent =)
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
I challenge Pfactor Dave
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »
Judging by the prodding I'm seeing of Midway, is it safe to assume it's NOT too late to join this event?
Its never too late, only thing he has to start from the bottom of the ladder. He can move up quick tho.
Even tho i hate him, i would give him one more chance. Its the best place to improve. BRUVMANCE is expressly forbidden tho. No moments of weakness, no mercy, no forgiving.
Feel free to sign up.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
I guess I'll challenge Akelfy!!  :)

Feel free to pm me a day and time!  :airplane:

JOACHIM, I was in a squad and flew with Elfy.  I competely underestimated him.  I gotta tell you, I had absolutely no chance against him.  I know I'm not a very good 1 on 1 dogfighter but I've never been given the beat down that Elfy dished out.  Bring your A game dude, shoold be a fun fight, hope ya last more than 3 turns, I didn't.

:salute

Good luck to you both.

Now who is gunna challenge me eh?  I'm easy, seriously, move yourself up a spot, if no one challenges me in the next 24 hours then I will pick someone above me and move myself down a notch.  :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »
Its never too late, only thing he has to start from the bottom of the ladder. He can move up quick tho.
Even tho i hate him, i would give him one more chance. Its the best place to improve. BRUVMANCE is expressly forbidden tho. No moments of weakness, no mercy, no forgiving.
Feel free to sign up.

Count me in then   :)  Where do I sign? ;)

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »
Always room on the ladder...

and bear in mind dueling in general whether on/off ladder with people = or > than yourself is fun and a learning process. The duels Joachim and I did after our challenge were very fun (and I thinmk at times we also held shots that could have been "taken" if one or the other wanted, and taught us a little about each other's style (and I'm remembering it for next time.  :noid  - actually nothing too mysterious. He might just want to start mixing up his merges a bit.  :t )

Those duels also revealed where I needed work to get back to that level. A lot of new faces since I've been away, maybe not so many new as have became better over the past 2-3 years.

The ladder is going to be fun, especially once it becomes more automated in management. Is Sour(Kraut?) still around? Anyone have a copy of his most excellent ladder script?

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798