Author Topic: DFC Ladder Challenge and results  (Read 21105 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: DFC Ladder Challenge and results
« Reply #555 on: October 22, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
P40N-Slimmer
P38G-SEseph
109K4-Slimmer

Slimmer wins! Great fights.  :salute

Standings stay the same.

I'm now 1 and 4, anyone seeing a pattern?  :bhead
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #556 on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
Great fights  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #557 on: October 22, 2011, 04:27:23 AM »
P40N-Slimmer
P38G-SEseph
109K4-Slimmer

Slimmer wins! Great fights.  :salute

Standings stay the same.

I'm now 1 and 4, anyone seeing a pattern?  :bhead

don't feel bad bud....Slimmer has gotten very good fast and will give most a hard fight.

I suggest saving your films and watching them and re watching them and see where you may have made a mistake or where Slimmer or next opponent did what was right to give them the win.

:salute

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
Well shiv hasn't posted and I don't know his BBS ID but here are the results of our duel.
109F Ace8
F4U-1 Ace8
and for fun F4U-1 Shiv
GREAt fights, and thank you sunsfan for bringing me onto the 109f  :devil
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
Well shiv hasn't posted and I don't know his BBS ID but here are the results of our duel.
109F Ace8
F4U-1 Ace8
and for fun F4U-1 Shiv
GREAt fights, and thank you sunsfan for bringing me onto the 109f  :devil

cc that...and it don't matter who posts results :salute

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
SEseph I challenge you when u can? Ill send u a pm tomorrow
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #561 on: October 23, 2011, 02:07:35 AM »
SEseph I challenge you when u can? Ill send u a pm tomorrow

sounds good, awaiting you pm
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #562 on: October 23, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
I've been on every night the last 4 nights, KoW.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
hey guys I have putting some thought into the difficulty in which some have had in getting in  fights.

I think we should drop the whole Challenge only up a certain number of rungs rule and make it so we can challenge ANYONE at any position on the ladder, and the only time a position is swapped is when moving up wards.....in other words only if the lower pilot on the ladder wins will the positions be swapped.

the more I think about it the more I like the idea, tell me what you guys think..... I put it up for a vote.....

I'll give it 3-4 days to get everyone's opinion on it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »
hey guys I have putting some thought into the difficulty in which some have had in getting in  fights.

I think we should drop the whole Challenge only up a certain number of rungs rule and make it so we can challenge ANYONE at any position on the ladder, and the only time a position is swapped is when moving up wards.....in other words only if the lower pilot on the ladder wins will the positions be swapped.

the more I think about it the more I like the idea, tell me what you guys think..... I put it up for a vote.....

Roger that sir!  :salute

Welcoming all challengers !!!  :banana:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

Not sure I like it to be honest.   I would be afraid that it will make it even harder for some people to get fights, the current system forces you through the rungs.  In my mind, the bigger problem is that it is virtually impossible to know who has been challenged or is being challenged. 

I think the better solution is to require everyone to fight someone at least once per week.  There doesn't seem to be much motivation for folks to get their fights scheduled in a timely fashion.

I don't know what the answer is really.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

INK...you and me behind the tool shed...loser gets a tatoo from the winner!!!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #567 on: October 23, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
keep the challenge system the way it currently is, but at the end of each tour, (or instead of every tour do it quarterly), have a koth type event amongst the top 5 and declare the winner the top fighter pilot of the month (quarter).

then blow up the list!

re-scatter the player order of the list putting them in different positions, (again leaving the top three spots empty) forcing everyone once again to fight their way to the top.  this will prevent the list being completely topped by only the cream of the crop becoming stagnant and making it a boring and uninteresting side note of the game.

keep it changing and challenging to all new and old, will help keep it alive vibrant and interesting to all.

just puking out my thoughts for the masses to consume.....
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #568 on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »
re-scatter the player order of the list putting them in different positions, (again leaving the top three spots empty) forcing everyone once again to fight their way to the top.  this will prevent the list being completely topped by only the cream of the crop becoming stagnant and making it a boring and uninteresting side note of the game.

I still like the idea of turning the ladder upside down, so the best pilots start off at the very bottom and have to work there way back through everyone to get back to the top.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
Keep it the way it is..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek