Author Topic: 42 Disco's this month  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
42 Disco's this month
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:16:04 AM »
What is the world is going on? This is getting old. Additionally like last night the game was mildly stuttering. Never had any problems before and now it's about once an hour. I cannot continue playing this way.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:28:13 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: 42 Disco's this month
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »
...and why are you complaining here?

Get ping plotter and run the traces. Test it a different times of day to see what is happening with your connection. Odds are VERY good it has nothing to do with HTC's servers, but either something along the lines between you and them, OR something is screwed up in your computer.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »
...and why are you complaining here?

Get ping plotter and run the traces. Test it a different times of day to see what is happening with your connection. Odds are VERY good it has nothing to do with HTC's servers, but either something along the lines between you and them, OR something is screwed up in your computer.

Fugitive, if I wanted a sermon I would go to church.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Getback, that trace shows the problem is at hop #4 in your local ISP's network.  You need to get them involved and not the local support guys, but the Tier 2, or higher network guys.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:59:53 AM »
Getback, that trace shows the problem is at hop #4 in your local ISP's network.  You need to get them involved and not the local support guys, but the Tier 2, or higher network guys.

Will do Skuzzy. I'm heading out on a mission but when I get back I'll start the long painful communication process.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »
Went to ATT and they think it's the router. They pinged this site and the troubled hop. I pinged this site and the hop from the command prompt and no issues. So we reset the Router. They said try it for a couple of days and if any issues get back to them.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
Went to ATT and they think it's the router. They pinged this site and the troubled hop. I pinged this site and the hop from the command prompt and no issues. So we reset the Router. They said try it for a couple of days and if any issues get back to them.

That's what they always say.  I guess we all assumed that you had already reset the router.  If the problem continues you'll need to get connected to a higher tier of service otherwise all they'll do is tell you to reset the router or schedule a service call.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
That's what they always say.  I guess we all assumed that you had already reset the router.  If the problem continues you'll need to get connected to a higher tier of service otherwise all they'll do is tell you to reset the router or schedule a service call.

I thought that too. However I will try this. How do you get to a higher tier of service?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
Depends on the ISP.  Most of the time you have to talk to ask for a manager and make them udnerstand the problem is not a local one, but within the ISP network.

You have to explain it is impacting your use of the Internet and you wanted to be sure they knew about the problem and if they could give you an ETA on when it might be solved.

You have to stand your ground on this, as all that phone supports primary job is to get you off the phone.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:09:28 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
Another thing you can try is register an account with dslreports.com (it's free) and post in the DIRECT SUPPORT forums for your ISP.  Sometimes techs for these companies will hang out there and try to get you help that is extremely difficult to get by calling 1-800-ATT-SUPPORT-WANTS-TO-WASTE-MY-TIME-WITH-A-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-REPRESENTATIVE-IN-INDIA.

http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
I'll have to call them again tomorrow. I did post on the above website in faint hopes of a solution.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
Called AT&T and what a phreaking nightmare. They want to send a technician to my home. I said why when it's hop 3 and 4! They said they have to check my connection. But it's not local. They said we need to send a technician. I said I can give the addresses for the bad hops. They said nothing that made any sense. I said I don't think we're on the same page here. It's a different address than mine. Nothing got through to them.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »
Called AT&T and what a phreaking nightmare. They want to send a technician to my home. I said why when it's hop 3 and 4! They said they have to check my connection. But it's not local. They said we need to send a technician. I said I can give the addresses for the bad hops. They said nothing that made any sense. I said I don't think we're on the same page here. It's a different address than mine. Nothing got through to them.

:rofl

sorry I dont mean to laugh at your situation......but you description makes me think of what I dealt with in the past and its better to laugh then smash stuff.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 09:34:40 AM »

I feel for the consumer today.  ISP terms of service only holds them responsible for the immediate connection to the service and not the rest of the network.  Technically, they do not have to do anything to fix any problem if the problem is not with the "last mile" (i.e. your connection).

Without any competition (and there usually is not any) they have no impetus to fix anything.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »

Seriously try the dslreports link.  They help people that have been through this exact nightmare all the time.