Author Topic: Meat  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Meat
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Meat is good

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Meat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »
 :rofl
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
:rofl

whenever a vegitarian says "eating meat isnt healthy" i say "well at least my food s^@# on your food" if you catch my drift...

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »
Plants aren't food. Plants feed food.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »
Cow eat green.... taste good...... people who eat green... hmmmm

Say that while eyeing your vege adversary.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
Actually we evolved *by* eating meat... proteins and all that...

Grazers are just that...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
If it were up to me all I would eat is meat, mainly steak, oh god how I love me a thick juicy steak!
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMM this filet tastes as good as i thought it would.. Best part is 2 weeks ago I gave it it last meal before being shipped off to the slaughter house.

YUMMMMMMMY!!!!

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
Hmm, according to http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/sahelanthropus-tchadensis our earliest known ancestors ate mostly plants.  Meat consumption was also positively correlated with time.  If that is the case, then vegetarians are 'savages' in that they are unevolved.  The more modern the man, the more meat he eats.

However, plants have their own allure.  They are cheap to grow, easy to care for, and don't cry and scream while you rip them into bite-sized pieces.  If we could get a plant to grow fruit that is as protein-rich and delicious as meat, we would be able to feed our population much better.  That is one of the current goals of artificial or "cruelty-free" meat.  

Think about it, all the taste of steak without any guilt (come on, we've all felt it once) or vegetarian complaining about you eating it.  That is not to say that all vegetarians are whiny or aggressive, one of my best friends did it for three years and never begrudged me a single piece of meat.

To conclude, meat is murder, and I'd rather not see animals suffer in slaughterhouses. New research concerning the idea that sentience is not a binary property, but rather a gradient on which all life lies makes me feel even worse.  Though there will always be problems, the closer we can get to cruelty-free, the better.

-Penguin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 05:22:51 PM »
Meat is good

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl   :lol   :rofl   :lol  so true

but i have to ask...when was the last time you were out run by a green bean?

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl  "keep being AWESOME" lmao!!!!

Actually we evolved *by* eating meat... proteins and all that...
sometimes i wonder about you...  :lol  ...question for ya, are we omnivores because we started eating meat or because we started eating vegetation?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
Hmm, according to http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/sahelanthropus-tchadensis our earliest known ancestors ate mostly plants.  Meat consumption was also positively correlated with time.  If that is the case, then vegetarians are 'savages' in that they are unevolved.  The more modern the man, the more meat he eats.

However, plants have their own allure.  They are cheap to grow, easy to care for, and don't cry and scream while you rip them into bite-sized pieces.  If we could get a plant to grow fruit that is as protein-rich and delicious as meat, we would be able to feed our population much better.  That is one of the current goals of artificial or "cruelty-free" meat.  

Think about it, all the taste of steak without any guilt (come on, we've all felt it once) or vegetarian complaining about you eating it.  That is not to say that all vegetarians are whiny or aggressive, one of my best friends did it for three years and never begrudged me a single piece of meat.

To conclude, meat is murder, and I'd rather not see animals suffer in slaughterhouses. New research concerning the idea that sentience is not a binary property, but rather a gradient on which all life lies makes me feel even worse.  Though there will always be problems, the closer we can get to cruelty-free, the better.

-Penguin

I never have a guilty meat filled face. I have a happy meat face. Although, the system should have a complete overhaul in my opinion. Not a fan of basically the concentration camp approach to mass produced livestock. Thank god for family in NE that raise their own stock and send us steaks.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

-Penguin
God put animals on the planet to be eaten by us, thats why I feel no guilt :D
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat