Author Topic: 32 inch. Is this the biggest?  (Read 2977 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: 32 inch. Is this the biggest?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
just so you know, though you're right that it is and has been a factor, you're not totally correct.

http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=3012

please read the entire article. i don't own an lg tv but, that article along with other sources i found in my digging, does validate what myself and others using hdtv's for monitors are saying. that article also shows how people can avoid the problem.

Well going by this article gyrene posted the link for.... which is 2 and half years old... there is/was an issue. Even then work arounds where common sense, don't over drive your system and try to make it do something it was made to do. Keep the resolutions at native settings, use VGA connections and such. In the 2.5 years technology has advanced, just a bit. I'm sure the TV's are much better, and they also take into account.... the non-bargain basement type anyway.... that people are going to use them as both computer/game monitor as well as the "tv".

Game systems have advanced as well, not to mention what you can do with computers and their video systems.

Why don't we just round this out with, if you use a cheap tv, or a computer system that is not at least average in performance you may run into some issues with "processing lag". On the other hand if you buy a decent tv with a computer that has a real video card in it you most likely won't have an issue.

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
Re: 32 inch. Is this the biggest?
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »
Nutzoid  have you considered going with more monitors ie triplehead  set up?
I accomplished a set up for under 500 dollars. Hd5850 vid card 150, existing 19" Samsung LCD
plus 2  matched monitors I got on ebay for 150 the pair. Add the stand which was 149 on closeout. The Radeon xfinity  multi monitor is a piece of cake to set up and my video card is like 2 years old now.  I run a resolution of 3840 X 1024

the difference from a bigger monitor to more monitors is huge! Add tracker and it is like a totally different gaming experience.