Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6198 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »
I have been watching this show too from the beginning.

I agree with most posts in here about the writers being total idiots.

I thought it would be about surviving an apocalyptic world. It could be a zombies, a virus, an asteroid...etc...the premise started off great.

But some of the characters are total wussies. I cant stand Ricks wife...what a weak character....by god I know my wife wouldn't be crying about we should all die cause its not worth living....crap like that.

Right now its nothing more than a soap Oprah with randomly injected zombies.

Reallly....in the drug store a zombie just pops out...and Shane and the chick go to the neighborhood and suddenly an army of zombies show up.

The writers are going to ruin a good premise about survival by cowering to the drama queens who want "substance"...

I'm interested is seeing a story line of HOW the survive not about weaklings who cant handle it.

Dissagree. Look around you. Life IS a soap opera. There are all sorts of people that do all sorts of things every day that either make no sense . Or are just plain stupid. And thats without the pressures of a post apocolyptic world.
In such an event. People arent always going to be thinking clearly. Its easy to sit here and think clearly with no pressure on us in a normal world.
Not so much when it all comes apart. Most of your family and everyone you knew and loved is gone or are walkers themselves.
You being hunted by walkers always having to be alert and on the lookout even when sleeping. Securing food water and safe shelter.
Sounds easier then it actually would be. All that would wear on you.

You can use Katrina as an example. In N.O. people were looting stores for TVs. in spite of the fact they had no power and most of their homes were flooded out.

And your average person when under duress is or becomes a wuss in my experience. Or simply do things that make no sense.

Drug store zombie. why not? because he wasnt there the last time?
Zombies suddenly showing up. They are attracted to sound. It isnt possible they noticed the car comming in to the neighborhood.
Think back after 9/11 how quiet it was with no aircraft flying. thats the one thing that struck me during that time is how much noise they made I'd never noticed before untill they werent there.
Now imagine a world where there are 99.9% less cars and trucks driving around or other machines making noise. A single car is going ot sound loud and out of place by comparison.

We live in a noisy world. Much of it man made. Remove all that noise and a car is going to be noticable.
Sit there right now and just listen. What do you hear? TV Fans on the computer, etc. Go and turn everything inthe house off and you will be amazed at the difference
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:45:54 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »
Drugstore zombie, interesting term but hard to work in to everyday conversation.
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:35 PM »
Drugstore zombie, interesting term but hard to work in to everyday conversation.

I dunno...  Have you ever seen the collection of old folks that can usually be found sitting waiting at the local Wal Mart Pharmacy...  Drug store zombie might be a perfect name for some of them.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
Well, they found the little girl  :(

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »
Great episode. That ending nearly brought a tear to my eye.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:14 AM »
The "guns are bad" theme has got old.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2011, 01:06:32 AM »
sad about the little girl.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2011, 06:09:22 AM »
sad about the little girl.

Now the question. How she got in there.

Im betting that in one of the flashback moments they are going ot show her running away and looking for someplace safe to sleep for the night. Coming across the barn locked from the outside she probably figured it safe to be inside if she could find a way in at which point she finds a the second story window way in like Glen did when he wanted to get it on with the farmers daughter.
She climbs in the window and down where she is bitten not realizing that a couple hundred yards away was safety.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2011, 07:16:38 AM »
Now the question. How she got in there.

Im betting that in one of the flashback moments they are going ot show her running away and looking for someplace safe to sleep for the night. Coming across the barn locked from the outside she probably figured it safe to be inside if she could find a way in at which point she finds a the second story window way in like Glen did when he wanted to get it on with the farmers daughter.
She climbs in the window and down where she is bitten not realizing that a couple hundred yards away was safety.

I'm wondering if that were the case, would there have been enough left to reanimate or would they have torn her to shreds in the enclosed space of the barn?

It looks like she only had a bite on the neck.  I could have missed something, though.  I was pretty worn out, last night.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2011, 07:41:36 AM »
***Not reading these posts in fear of a spoiler***
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:18 AM »
***Not reading these posts in fear of a spoiler***

Here is a spoiler.

No new episodes until February  :cry

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
Here is a spoiler.

No new episodes until February  :cry

WHAT!?
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »
I think Herschel may have "seen the light" so to speak, between the conversation with his daughter and Shane's demonstration, he may have had a change of heart.  I think the only reason behind the "no guns" rule was to prevent what just happened with the barn.  I think he may have realized when Shane shot the one he was holding a few times in the chest and it just kept coming.  Either he did have a change of heart, or he is just going to get worse, I'm hoping for the former.

I see a major potential problem.  What if Herschel knew the little girl was in the barn, and didn't say anything? 

I am glad someone finally had the balls to put an end to the whole "Zombie zoo" thing though.  GO SHANE!! 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
I think Herschel may have "seen the light" so to speak, between the conversation with his daughter and Shane's demonstration, he may have had a change of heart.  I think the only reason behind the "no guns" rule was to prevent what just happened with the barn.  I think he may have realized when Shane shot the one he was holding a few times in the chest and it just kept coming.  Either he did have a change of heart, or he is just going to get worse, I'm hoping for the former.

I see a major potential problem.  What if Herschel knew the little girl was in the barn, and didn't say anything?  

I am glad someone finally had the balls to put an end to the whole "Zombie zoo" thing though.  GO SHANE!!  

The "zoo" was a little above and beyond being compassionate and more that a bit creepy.

It was only a matter of time before someone took care of it.  :rock

The whole getting stuck in a swamp concept has inspired me, though.  I believe that I will start construction on a moat this coming weekend  :aok

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2011, 10:14:32 AM »
I believe that I will start construction on a moat this coming weekend  :aok

Nah, don't need a moat.  They have already demonstrated that zombies can't climb.  I think a nice wall would be effective enough.

I suspect that Hershel is going to go the rest of the way around the bend now.  I don't know how it will happen, but I expect Hershel to do something really really crazy now and end up as zombie food or perhaps show up as a walker himself.

I also expect Maggie and maybe the young guy to join the group.  Maybe even Otis' wife will join the group, which will add fuel for conflict when what Shane did to Otis comes more into the light.

I figure they will keep several of the new characters in the story for awhile, simply so they have plenty of people to get eaten during future zombie attacks.

Also, from a production stand point, keeping a steady flow of new characters that they can build up if they want to will help to keep the actors in check when contracts are negotiated.  The Walking Dead comic books are known for the authors willingness to kill off pretty much any character.  The show producers just need to keep that alive so the actors don't get comfortable enough to start asking for huge amounts of money.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder