Author Topic: WANTED: LGA775 SLI DDR2 Motherboard  (Read 276 times)

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
WANTED: LGA775 SLI DDR2 Motherboard
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
Well I think my ASUS Striker Extreme SLI 680I DDR2 (v1.0) mother board is gonna give up the ghost soon.  I'm having trouble getting it to post on a regular basis.

Tested all the cards, memory, etc.  Reseated everything.  New PSU.  Nothing seems to work except powering it off repeatedly; and when it posts, not shutting it down, but putting it into sleep mode.  Putting it into sleep mode tends to keep it alive for several days, but if it "glitches", I have to go through the multiple power off reset on the PSU drama.

I'm not ready to build a completely new rig at this time.  I'd like to try to salvage this rig if possible.

If anyone has a new or gently used LGA775 SLI DDR2 board on the shelf, I'll give it a new home.  PM me.

Thanks,

WngOver
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
Resolved: WANTED: LGA775 SLI DDR2 Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
After additional troubleshooting and a couple of minor cuts and bruises I found the problem.  It appears that the second PCIe x16 slot has went bad.  I moved the 2nd card to the available PCIe X8 slot and everything seems to be working correctly.  No more start-up POST issues, etc.
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"