Author Topic: Rudder controls wish  (Read 426 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Rudder controls wish
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:19:41 PM »
 I asked for it a while back but it's been a while so I'm asking again. :)

I'd like to see options in the 'Map controller' that has:
-Yaw (Rudder)
-Yaw (Rudder) Right
-Yaw (Rudder) Left

I ask since I have a 3-pedal set and to have rudder it requires using "report combined axis" and that ties 2 annoying pedals together, plus sometimes mid-game it like to stop reporting combined for whatever reason. I don't know if it's possible to coad, but if it is it'd be a nice little addition.
I know it's not a typical set-up for rudder but replacing it isn't happening (pricey), but for those who do have this type of set-up it would be so helpful. Last time I asked people mentioned just buying a real rudder set, still using the same desk so still not possible to do that. :D

If I missed an option somewhere that allows this I'm all ears.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
Re: Rudder controls wish
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
As far as I know, that is pretty much reserved under map-keys for the default a,s,d keys....

But, if your pedals have that individual input it should display in your map controller if each pedal is a independent analog input, otherwise it is dictated by the controller mostly known as z-rotation
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:15:16 PM »
The Pedals show up as:
>Combined pedals  Rudder
>Gas  None
>Brake  None
>Clutch  Brake Both

and we can only map 1 single Axis to 'Yaw (Rudder)'. Meaning I have 'Combined Pedals' as Rudder. I'd like to be able to see:

>Combined pedals  None
>Gas  Rudder Right
>Brake  Brake Both
>Clutch  Rudder Left

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
The Pedals show up as:
>Combined pedals  Rudder
>Gas  None
>Brake  None
>Clutch  Brake Both

and we can only map 1 single Axis to 'Yaw (Rudder)'. Meaning I have 'Combined Pedals' as Rudder. I'd like to be able to see:

>Combined pedals  None
>Gas  Rudder Right
>Brake  Brake Both
>Clutch  Rudder Left

Youy are aware we dont have a "clutch" in our game right? :rolleyes:

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Youy are aware we dont have a "clutch" in our game right? :rolleyes:

You are aware that he has a 3-pedal driving set up he is trying to use as rudder pedals, right?

:huh

Back on topic.

What do "combined pedals" do in the controls set up? Or is this the problem? The wrong pedals combine?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

What do "combined pedals" do in the controls set up? Or is this the problem? The wrong pedals combine?

wrongway

Dead on there. The wrong pedals get Tied together. It ties the Brake/Gas (middle/right pedals) and it's be nice to have Gas/Clutch (right/left) for rudder. :)

Not sure how hard it would be to split the Axis like that (software-wise) but if it's not too hard it'd be oh so nice. Plus this is a wishlist, I shall wish away! :P

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
You are aware that he has a 3-pedal driving set up he is trying to use as rudder pedals, right?

:huh

Back on topic.

wrongway

Nope! totally wasn't aware :uhoh

Would it be possible (as a workaround) to map your pedals through it's own software to translate into..i dunno, keystrokes, or some kind of macro or something?  I.E. turn it into an input that AH can use?  I understand this doesnt fit the wish part, but for S's and G's it is even doable?

I'm thinking back to the macro's we had in AW

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »
Here is a thought... unless you use the driving pedals for another game...

Take them apart... switch the wiring for the brake and the clutch.  If it is like the inside of a joystick, they probably just plug in to a main circuit board... and use the same connector.  If that is the case, then it should work.

But.. if you are using the pedal set for a driving game, you may not want to do that every time you change games.

***G3-MF***

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:20 AM »
Rewiring them isn't something I'd feel comfortable doing, especially when the thing cost $300. Plus I play many a Driving Games often, the wiring would be a royal pain in the.....

As for mapping through software, I've tried but the clutch Pedal isn't "Mappable" for some reason. I know that's something to talk to Logitech about, but I still wish for the Rudder Split in AH. Would be so much simpler. :)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Rewiring them isn't something I'd feel comfortable doing, especially when the thing cost $300. Plus I play many a Driving Games often, the wiring would be a royal pain in the.....

Gotcha... I take stuff apart all the time and modify it... so to me its no biggie.  But I can understand not wanting to, especially if you play driving games with it. 

***G3-MF***