if this is the case, im effed
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:29:48 PM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: JB11
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
or maybe those folks have other priorities besides getting "skill" in a video game.They play to just have some fun.

Yeahh I would buy that if they didn't spend most of their time blubbing to me about how they died, some of them actually go through the whole Kübler-Ross model and end up with acceptance all in the space of 15 minutes of so which is some going :)

I may suck in the game but I bet my garage is bigger then your house :D. So you see, the folks that think you "suck" in game really have no concept of what's important in life. But it's all good young uber one. One of these days you'll understand, and then you can look out of your mobile home window and think back to just how awesome you were back when AcesHigh2 was around.  :old:

Yeah you know whats important in life but spent most of it in a game that doesn't matter I can see how that can work, young one lol 32 i wish i was young, i see you are going with the old reality distortion tactic were everyone is young except you and they are to blame as per your recent young ones ruin the game thread  :lol

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »
Doing well is a state of mind.

:aok

Spending your life accumulating wealth or being great in a video game to compensate for a lack of something elsewhere is not necessarily doing well. That is not to say accumualting wealth is a bad thing or being good in a video game as long as you are not using it to compensate for being for example an emotional inadequate and for example a bad parent. How we treat one another is the most important thing about us so take heed those who are allways putting others down  :old:

Now here is sacrlidge for a Sunday morning. I am nearly 50 I have been in business for myself for 22 years and I conclude hard work is often over rated. Hard working focussed people tend in my experience to be bad tempered, intolerant, self centred, excessively materialistic and self righteous but with little consideration or sympathry for their fellow man. I think people should work less and play more and stop using up the real world to live out their fantasies and spend more time in the ecologically sound virtual world  ;) People should aim to get by with less material wealth than their parents and spend more time enjoying themselves just getting along with others and having fun instead of trying to prove themselves all the time  ;) Better to prove yourself in the virtual world if you have to rather than buying some massive boat or aeroplane to guzzle loads of gassoline mess up the enviroment and make everyone else feel inadequate  :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:12:29 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 03:52:45 AM »

Spending your life accumulating wealth or being great in a video game to compensate for a lack of something elsewhere is not necessarily doing well. That is not to say accumualting wealth is a bad thing or being good in a video game as long as you are not using it to compensate for being for example an emotional inadequate and for example a bad parent. How we treat one another is the most important thing about us so take heed those who are allways putting others down  :old:

Now here is sacrlidge for a Sunday morning. I am nearly 50 I have been in business for myself for 22 years and I conclude hard work is often over rated. Hard working focussed people tend in my experience to be bad tempered, intolerant, self centred, excessively materialistic and self righteous but with little consideration or sympathry for their fellow man. I think people should work less and play more and stop using up the real world to live out their fantasies and spend more time in the ecologically sound virtual world  ;) People should aim to get by with less material wealth than their parents and spend more time enjoying themselves just getting along with others and having fun instead of trying to prove themselves all the time  ;) Better to prove yourself in the virtual world if you have to rather than buying some massive boat or aeroplane to guzzle loads of gassoline mess up the enviroment and make everyone else feel inadequate  :D

good thoughts...well written..... :salute

(spelling not so good) :neener:

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 04:38:17 AM »
it really says something about you when your first reaction to a disagreement over an online game is to say "YEAH WELL I'M PROBABLY RICHER THAN YOU...KID!"   :lol
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 05:25:45 AM »
it really says something about you when your first reaction to a disagreement over an online game is to say "YEAH WELL I'M PROBABLY RICHER THAN YOU...KID!"   :lol

:lol

But don't stir the pot  :frown:

Setting out to make people look foolish rarely does then or anyone else any good. I was just having a big duelling session with few, muppets gfc all sorts at the DA between 23 and 24 and everyone playing and getting on very nicely excpet for some delinquent kid who we managed to ignore. People who want to can get allot of good stuff out of this game bit some just want to use it to vent their frustrations which I feel is uncool.

Still allot of people feel the internet and forumns should be a toilet for their negativity and someohow you have to respect that also.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:31:29 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
good thoughts...well written..... :salute

(spelling not so good) :neener:

Yes spelling is an anathema as is getting a spell checker.

Actually what boils my fluids in this game is the teenage kids who turn up whose parents have bought them a computer to get rid of them and we end up baby sitting them. Not to say all the under 20's are like that by any means but those who are and need parents or friends or whatever do get on my nerves with bad attitudes and the need to attention seek with any attention being better than none.  :furious

You can squelch them in the MA in the da if they repeatedly interfere with duels there is not allot you can do in the short run but I hope I am not the only one sending in films of Mach45 AND HIS PURILE ANTICS  to High Tech:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:32:42 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 10:08:48 AM »

VERY IMPORTANT QUOTE ALERT!!!!!!!

"The problem with self-made men is they tend to worship their creator"....Ben Franklin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »
I think I kinda like this guy ....Yarbles <S>

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
I don't think anyone that makes less then 250,000 a year should play this game.I say we get rid of the "little" people and put them in their own state funded arena.
Lighten up Francis

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 01:19:03 PM »
TBF The Few is not a hoarding squad other than people like to fly together. Some newer players are attracted to the hrode as on their own they just get slaughtered and at least when they are skill deficieint they can get a sense of winning by getting together to take a base etc.

Everyone in the few is well beyond that stage.

:D
If you're getting pimp-slapped by 5-6 people, the fact they aren't a whorde squad in the truest sense.....well..
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »
If you're getting pimp-slapped by 5-6 people, the fact they aren't a whorde squad in the truest sense.....well..

Again in the few ganging like more than 2 on to one is frowned on imo though of course it happens if you expect every fight in the MA to be  1 v 1 well  :eek: you may be dissapointed. I take exception if I see more than 2 guys on one but 2 seems ok given wingman tactics etc and this is not the DA. I have seen maybe 5 or so good guys in the squad take down allot more than that in short order especially if they are on the noob side which I think is quite  :cool:

I would not fly with a squad who was interested in endlessly gang banging its boring and I personally feel like maybe the majoirty of the squad can now more often than not win a 1 v 1 so dont need to GB. I see whole gangs of greenies pile on one red desperate for the chance of a kill but I expect we have all been there at some point.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:38:37 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
VERY IMPORTANT QUOTE ALERT!!!!!!!

"The problem with self-made men is they tend to worship their creator"....Ben Franklin

:aok :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
lmao!!  All of you are going to have trouble getting someone to admit on the BBS that they enjoy getting gang-banged by 5-6 guys...rotflmao!!  The context doesn't even really matter...if they say they do it to get better!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl................get better at what????????????????????????????????
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba