Author Topic: Is the vote over yet?  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Is the vote over yet?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
The meteor is being voted in because its what the Majority of Paying customers want.whether you agree with the situation or not is irrelevant. If the majority voted for an A/C which will keep them subscribed, then thats what HTC needs to put in. Im no data expert, but from what ive seen from scenarios and special events, Most of the time more people are in the MA than go to scenarios/events.

Dont take me for a meteor dwEEb who voted for it simply because i wanted the "latest and greatest", because like i stated, originally i wanted the IAR-80.

But what would you have HTC do? run the poll, the meteor win it, then HTC be like "lol jk, your not getting it, heres a plane the majority of you didn't even want instead"

The meteor may be voted in by players who's money and interest will be on something else tomorrow.  The whole voting thing would be better off being in the CM forums where aircraft needed in the game can be voted on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
I don't think I fully agree with that suggested approach.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
The meteor is being voted in because its what the Majority of Paying customers want.whether you agree with the situation or not is irrelevant. If the majority voted for an A/C which will keep them subscribed, then thats what HTC needs to put in. Im no data expert, but from what ive seen from scenarios and special events, Most of the time more people are in the MA than go to scenarios/events.
no it isn't...yank out the votes from dweebs and squeakers whose only real knowledge and interest in the meteor is that it's a kewl jet...the vote would be between the beaufighter and the me410.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
The meteor may be voted in by players who's money and interest will be on something else tomorrow.  The whole voting thing would be better off being in the CM forums where aircraft needed in the game can be voted on.

I'd say it's pretty obvious what the glaring scenario holes are.  They wouldn't really need to hold a vote for that.  If they ever did that, the smart thing to do would be to keep it quiet and tell the CMs that mentioning the vote in any way will result in a permaban.  People don't like it when people get to vote and they don't. ;)

The thing that bugs me about the Meteor is, it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict how it's going to go with most people:

Add Meteor.
Person says, 'Yay!  New jet!'  'Woohoo!  It's cheaper than the 262!  I'm gonna fix those Jerry bastards!'

2 sorties later:
'WTF?  I just got run down and killed by a 262 and I can't even outrun a diving pony?!  BS!  Why'd they add this thing if it's not better than the 262?'
'If I'm going to spend the perks, I'm gonna take the 262!'

etc...

In the end, a few diehards will fly it just to be different, but it will be a hangar queen for the vast majority.

Mark my words, after the shiny and new phase wears off (2 weeks to 2 months or so), we will see less Meteor usage than 262.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
no it isn't...yank out the votes from dweebs and squeakers whose only real knowledge and interest in the meteor is that it's a kewl jet...the vote would be between the beaufighter and the me410.
Sorry, but im glad you 2 are not a part of HTC. Otherwise we'd have fixed voting polls reserved for only BBS members. the members of the BBS are not the only people who play the game.

And Gyrene, i like how you assume that people who vote for the meteor are automatic "dweebs" and "Squeekers". who's to determine who is a squeeker and who's not?

Im naming you Gyrene a squeeker, Because of how much you whine the word "Dweeb" and "squeeker". and for how much your whining about the meteor in general.

There gyrene, your now a squeeker, and are hereby not aloud to vote because of this.
Like i said, boo-hoo you guys arent getting your fat mossie that will be towered after the first week, and your fat 110 thats get an itty bitty 50mm on it.
Im not getting my IAR-80, but you dont seem me crying on the BBS all butthurt about it.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
Person says, 'Yay!  New jet!'  'Woohoo!  It's cheaper than the 262!

Of course, there is no guarantee that the Meteor (if selected!) will be perked lower than the 262.  Both, after all, are in a completely separate class from all other fighters in the game.  Someone has already suggested that the Meteor has some performance qualities superior to the 262.  I would not be at all surprised if they were equally perked.

- oldman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
I wondered aloud if I was allowed to comment on somebody else's grammar, and decided not lest I be called a lout.

:t

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
While I would like to see plane holes plugged first I'll enjoy seeing whatever new toy is presented to us subscribers.  It's like Christmas several times a year.  Another thing to add is even though a vote is being taken for a single plane to go into production at HTC's studio, no one knows what is already on the drawing board over there.  It could be just about anything... :banana:  Who knows what will be announced?  I for one am staying tuned! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
The meteor will become food for the 262 jocks who don't get lured into turning.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Keep in mind a vote isn't the only opportunity. It's the most immediate, the most fulfilling public spectacle to participate in, but if you recall not too long ago we just got 2 new P-40 variants and 2 new Panzer variants that nobody needed to vote for. We got an A6M3 that nobody needed to vote for. HTC is doing a lot of the hole-plugging on their own. I took this poll as a selfish opportunity, I must admit.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
The meteor will become food for the 262 jocks who don't get lured into turning.
Wise old farmer once said: "Do not count your chickens before the eggs hatch."
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
The thing that bugs me about the Meteor is, it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict how it's going to go with most people:

Add Meteor.
Person says, 'Yay!  New jet!'  'Woohoo!  It's cheaper than the 262!  I'm gonna fix those Jerry bastards!'

2 sorties later:
'WTF?  I just got run down and killed by a 262 and I can't even outrun a diving pony?!  BS!  Why'd they add this thing if it's not better than the 262?'
'If I'm going to spend the perks, I'm gonna take the 262!'

etc...

In the end, a few diehards will fly it just to be different, but it will be a hangar queen for the vast majority.

Mark my words, after the shiny and new phase wears off (2 weeks to 2 months or so), we will see less Meteor usage than 262.

Wiley.

The Tempest is slower then the Me262 and can be caught by a diving Pony, does it make the Tempest a hanger queen? Hang on a second, do you know that planes have the ability to turn?

From the information I've read, the Meteor Mk. III looks like a Tempest on acid. It could even turn inside the Tempest.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »
+1 for the meteor! Never heard so much whining over a plane or planes not winning :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
Keep in mind a vote isn't the only opportunity. It's the most immediate, the most fulfilling public spectacle to participate in, but if you recall not too long ago we just got 2 new P-40 variants and 2 new Panzer variants that nobody needed to vote for. We got an A6M3 that nobody needed to vote for. HTC is doing a lot of the hole-plugging on their own. I took this poll as a selfish opportunity, I must admit.

I share the same point of view as you do Krusty. What chance does the Meteor Mk. III have of being added to Aces High unless via popular vote. I would take a wild guess and say slim, slim to none.

Seize the opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:53:42 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
Sorry, but im glad you 2 are not a part of HTC. Otherwise we'd have fixed voting polls reserved for only BBS members. the members of the BBS are not the only people who play the game.

And Gyrene, i like how you assume that people who vote for the meteor are automatic "dweebs" and "Squeekers". who's to determine who is a squeeker and who's not?

Im naming you Gyrene a squeeker, Because of how much you whine the word "Dweeb" and "squeeker". and for how much your whining about the meteor in general.

There gyrene, your now a squeeker, and are hereby not aloud to vote because of this.
Like i said, boo-hoo you guys arent getting your fat mossie that will be towered after the first week, and your fat 110 thats get an itty bitty 50mm on it.
Im not getting my IAR-80, but you dont seem me crying on the BBS all butthurt about it.

Ahhh you foolish little T. They are not complaining so much about "not getting the plane they want", but complaining on the stupidity of a vote.

It's like asking them to vote for their favorite ice cream out of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, with only 20% of the people voting ever having tasted any of those flavors.

The problem the vast majority haven't a clue as to what they are voting for.