Author Topic: Getting Repairs while rearming  (Read 1999 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting Repairs while rearming
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Maybe an ability to fork over a couple fighter/bomber perkies in exchange for a 30 second limited repair service at the rearm pad?

And when i mean limited, i simply mean that things like rudders/elevators are replaced, along with oil leaks&fuel leaks. But things like damage to the wings&airframes (bullet holes, structural weakness) and the cockpit stay the same.
Also, if you have a PW, your unable to repair yourself.

Just a thought  :salute

Ever hammer out control surface ribs?

Run control surface cables?

Recover fabric control surfaces?  

Even with a Stewarts covering system, it's not a 30 second job by any means.

http://www.stewartsystems.aero/default.aspx

There are no repairs that can be affected to an airplane in 30 seconds that will negate combat damage, nor make it more airworthy.  In most cases, 30 minutes isn't even enough.

Now, if someone wants to park on a hot pad, in the hanger and wait for an hour, taking the chance that someone will bomb, strafe or do some otherwise  disastrous deed to the toolshed while you are in it, I say go for it.   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
I would like to see the magical repair of tanks removed. Supplies should be just that: food, water, ammunition, fuel etc not an engine replacement or un-jammed turret ring. A concession for game play would be to have sups right an overturned tank since we have tank-trap hedges.

A big improvement to the GV game would be to implement the vital component damage model that the planes have. So a disabled tank could remain but be less than fully functional.....jammed turret-aim by turning the tank, sight broken-eyeball it from the commanders position. Along with this a bail function when your gv is so wrecked you give up on it.

All this has been suggested before but any attempt to make the tank portion of the game less arcady would go a long way.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:58 PM »
While I like the idea of taxiing to a repair hangar (not a rearm pad) and having minor repairs fixed for the cost of a few perk points and a few minutes sitting vulnerable in the hangar, I recognize some players view this as gamey.  I don't agree, and instead view towering out and immediately respawning as more gamey.

People are right though this suggestion has been made off and on since the rearm pads were introduced (long time ago, anyway).

HiTech once joined in on one of the threads and said he couldn't see implementing it unless it ended the sortie.   I think that pretty much killed it, because it leaves no reason to spend time and the perk points on repairs when the same result will be accomplished by towering out.  

I think you need to keep it at the same sortie for it to have a reason for use (ie, an extension of the re-arm pad idea).  

you guys that keep posting did you miss this part?  

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »
I would like to see the magical repair of tanks removed. Supplies should be just that: food, water, ammunition, fuel etc not an engine replacement or un-jammed turret ring. A concession for game play would be to have sups right an overturned tank since we have tank-trap hedges.

A big improvement to the GV game would be to implement the vital component damage model that the planes have. So a disabled tank could remain but be less than fully functional.....jammed turret-aim by turning the tank, sight broken-eyeball it from the commanders position. Along with this a bail function when your gv is so wrecked you give up on it.

All this has been suggested before but any attempt to make the tank portion of the game less arcady would go a long way.

Except, tank crews actually do repair and maintain their own vehicle, even under fire, if possible.

Funny thing is, because of ammo fires early in the war, it became U.S. policy for the crew to automatically bail out of a tank that was hit, no matter what.

More than one "disabled" tank was driven away by enemy troops.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
The only thing I think that could be repaired is a holed drop tank......which would likely be replaced when rearming.

I don't even know if fuel leaks are modeled on drop tanks, though.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
The only thing I think that could be repaired is a holed drop tank......which would likely be replaced when rearming.

I don't even know if fuel leaks are modeled on drop tanks, though.

From persoanl experience..... everything else leaks... why not lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
From persoanl experience..... everything else leaks... why not lol

You gotta try something else besides a pee-38   :P

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »

Now, if someone wants to park on a hot pad, in the hanger and wait for an hour, taking the chance that someone will bomb, strafe or do some otherwise  disastrous deed to the toolshed while you are in it, I say go for it.   :aok

Just an hour?

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
Ever hammer out control surface ribs?

Run control surface cables?

Recover fabric control surfaces?  

Even with a Stewarts covering system, it's not a 30 second job by any means.

http://www.stewartsystems.aero/default.aspx

There are no repairs that can be affected to an airplane in 30 seconds that will negate combat damage, nor make it more airworthy.  In most cases, 30 minutes isn't even enough.

Reason why i said you'd spend perkies to get a 30 sec repair.
Combat damage to the wings, such as bullet holes, structural weakness from taking fire, etc would not be repaired.
Only thing that would be repaired is things like, elevator/aileron replacement, and patched up fuel tank/oil leak.
PW's would not be treatable through this service.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »
None of that's even remotely believable. That's why we don't have it, and per Hitech's own comments, it's not gonna happen.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a gradual progress bar slowing down supplies for GVs (no more instant perfection), and I'd keep it as a way of re-placing a flipped tank, regardless of whether you make it fix the damage or not. There are both sides of the argument, but 90% of the things in this game flip a GV over, which never would have happened in real life. We rather need the ability to reset the game with supplies.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:45:23 PM by Krusty »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »
None of that's even remotely believable. That's why we don't have it, and per Hitech's own comments, it's not gonna happen.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a gradual progress bar slowing down supplies for GVs (no more instant perfection), and I'd keep it as a way of re-placing a flipped tank, regardless of whether you make it fix the damage or not. There are both sides of the argument, but 90% of the things in this game flip a GV over, which never would have happened in real life. We rather need the ability to reset the game with supplies.

The part your failing to realize Krusty, is that Aceshigh is not a Pure Simulator. Its more a game than a simulator. And there is very little realism in the MA's. So going by MA standards, it IS very much believable.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
minimum

I say they get the option but, depending on how much repair they need, they can't tower out or quit the game and have to sit there till it's all the way fixed  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »
No. AH is not a WW2 simulator. It is a COMBAT simulator. If you're shot up that's part of the combat. We have certain gameplay balances in places to facilitate better gameplay, but your suggestion does not do this. Your suggestion goes well past reasonable into the arcade. Might as well have floating neon health signs in the air that you fly through for instant repairs, no?

The combat part of it is: If you get shot and you make it back, be GLAD. End your sortie with pride that you survived, now try again with a new sortie.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
 :salute chewing gum, bailing wire, duck tape comeon guys thats real repair matrial. and can be done very quickly.