Author Topic: Improve the flight model -- make it even more realistic  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Improve the flight model -- make it even more realistic
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:57:07 PM »
Not smart enough to know how, and it's awesome right now.  There must be a way to improve it further, make it even more awesome.  Please raise priority of said improvement high on the list. :aok

Thank you.   :salute

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Improve the flight model -- make it even more realistic
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
What's wrong with the current system?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »
<grabs a lawn chair and reaches into the styrofoam cooler for an ice cold PBR>
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 10:12:05 PM »
 :lol this is going to be fun
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
 :O
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:41:19 PM by FLS »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »
What's wrong with the current system?

What was wrong with the Ferrari to cause Ferrari to come out with the new Ferrari?  :headscratch:

What was wrong with the Iphone for Steve Jobs to come out with the new Iphone?  :headscratch:

Questions best left for the owners / designers of said products.

Like Steve Jobs said, he didn't believe in customer focus groups, he came up with the vision for what people didn't even know that they were missing.  Now they don't want to live without these improvements.

The flight model is awesome, maybe HiTech has some ideas on the table but no one has asked for them or thinks improvements are wanted /  needed.  New planes are nice, but improvements in flight modelling / atmosphere / physics modelling would also be great. :)

:old: :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
What was wrong with the Ferrari to cause Ferrari to come out with the new Ferrari?  :headscratch:

What was wrong with the Iphone for Steve Jobs to come out with the new Iphone?  :headscratch:

Questions best left for the owners / designers of said products.

Like Steve Jobs said, he didn't believe in customer focus groups, he came up with the vision for what people didn't even know that they were missing.  Now they don't want to live without these improvements.

The flight model is awesome, maybe HiTech has some ideas on the table but no one has asked for them or thinks improvements are wanted /  needed.  New planes are nice, but improvements in flight modelling / atmosphere / physics modelling would also be great. :)

Okay

"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 10:28:34 PM »
Just to add some value here besides hoping HiTech has some ideas on the table.  :cool:

How about wake turbulance / buffetting modeled?  :headscratch:   Don't want to limit ideas though...  Very interested if HiTech has any ideas he's been thinking about but no one has asked for them. :aok

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
Just to add some value here besides hoping HiTech has some ideas on the table.  :cool:

How about wake turbulance / buffetting modeled?  :headscratch:   Don't want to limit ideas though...  Very interested if HiTech has any ideas he's been thinking about but no one has asked for them. :aok

I thought you were asking for flight modeling? Turbulence is weather. We already have buffeting.

HTC is not going to add weather in the near future because far not all computers will be able to handle it.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »
I think the flight models are fine.  What HTC could EASILY do is add in more clouds and some wind, perhaps some legit cloudy days so there is no glaring sun and the cloud layer at 15-17k can not be seen through.

The environment is what is lacking, imo.  So much more could be added to the AH MA's with minimal tinkering.  The settings are already there.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
I thought you were asking for flight modeling? Turbulence is weather. We already have buffeting.

HTC is not going to add weather in the near future because far not all computers will be able to handle it.

:O I knew it!  As soon as I put an "example" idea out, you would think that's what I'm asking for.  Not at all.  :bhead

Asking for ANY improvements to the flight modelling / physics / or atmosphere to the extend those affect flight.   Just would like to see it be even more realistic (if HiTech has any ideas that he's thought about). :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
:O I knew it!  As soon as I put an "example" idea out, you would think that's what I'm asking for.  Not at all.  :bhead

Asking for ANY improvements to the flight modelling / physics / or atmosphere to the extend those affect flight.   Just would like to see it be even more realistic (if HiTech has any ideas that he's thought about). :)

have to ask...how many real spitfires have you flown in your limited lifespan to make you believe the ah flight model isn't as real as it can get?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
I think the flight models are fine.  What HTC could EASILY do is add in more clouds and some wind, perhaps some legit cloudy days so there is no glaring sun and the cloud layer at 15-17k can not be seen through.

The environment is what is lacking, imo.  So much more could be added to the AH MA's with minimal tinkering.  The settings are already there.

We have winds. They are not used in the MA, not sure why.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »
I'm sure that Hitech will be happy to improve Aces High for a change, now that somebody has suggested it, instead of continuing to waste his time with whatever it is he's been doing for the last 10 years.  :devil

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
We have winds. They are not used in the MA, not sure why.

Oh my.   I always enjoyed someone dropping troops or suplies from a goon in AH1 and not taking into account of the wind.    Watching them float away from the town/runway and listening to Range Channel was classic.    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC