Author Topic: Ready for the poll results.  (Read 995 times)

Offline titan312

• Zinc Member
Re: Ready for the poll results.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
We'll see.  :rofl

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
I disagree with the WHY on IrishOne's comment, but I agree that a select few will become very good in it.

I don't know if I'll be any good, but depending on the weapons options I'm looking forward to flying it a lot. I mean a LOT.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
I disagree with the WHY on IrishOne's comment

please elaborate
-AoM-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
  Sad the Cards WALKED thier way to victory.  :bolt:  Texas taking applications for a Bullpen.

Texas scored 2 runs in game 7.  :rofl

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »
please elaborate

Oh, that? It's about your "plane's aren't easy to kill, pilots are" comment.

IMO... It is not the pilot and it's not the plane. It is the combined skills of the pilot and the capabilities of the aircraft merged into a single tool. For as much as the plane is an extension of the pilot, the pilot is also bound to the plane.

I have a personal peeve when folks say "it's the pilot, not the plane," that's all.  :salute

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
More like they're recovering from the drowning-of-sorrows that commenced after the final game of the World Series?

Damn Krusty - thats cold.  True, but cold. 

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »
Oh, that? It's about your "plane's aren't easy to kill, pilots are" comment.

IMO... It is not the pilot and it's not the plane. It is the combined skills of the pilot and the capabilities of the aircraft merged into a single tool. For as much as the plane is an extension of the pilot, the pilot is also bound to the plane.

I have a personal peeve when folks say "it's the pilot, not the plane," that's all.  :salute

i guess i can agree with that somewhat.   it is, for the most part, the pilot.   for the most part.     yes, the plane factors in, and in a big way, but a properly piloted "crappy" plane will dominate in improperly piloted "uber" bird.    all i meant  ;)

you are correct in that equal pilots flying different planes will have a certain outcome, that being decided by the better aircraft.   i can't deny that, and wouldn't try.   that is irrefutable.    but you have to agree, to a certain degree, it is the pilot, not all the plane.
-AoM-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 09:34:09 PM »
Certainly! I think pilot skill can overcome a lot of disadvantages, but I see it more as the plane is a multiplier of effectiveness... The better planes have values above one (so skill times 1.X = more) and lesser planes have less than one (so skill times 0.X = less).

Call it what you will, but I think of it as the planes enhances/diminishes whatever skill is present. The more skill you have, you can still come out with a good end result.

So low skill times and a good plane (let's say pilot is ranked on 1 to 10, so 5 times 1.2 plane = end result of "6") can still lose to a high skill and a lesser plane (i.e. 8skill times 0.9 plane, because you have more skill to begin with you still come out on top!).

I won't go so far as to try and outline what "skill" is -- I can't do it. This is just an example. A general idea of how I think of it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:35:59 PM by Krusty »

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Certainly! I think pilot skill can overcome a lot of disadvantages, but I see it more as the plane is a multiplier of effectiveness... The better planes have values above one (so skill times 1.X = more) and lesser planes have less than one (so skill times 0.X = less).

Call it what you will, but I think of it as the planes enhances/diminishes whatever skill is present. The more skill you have, you can still come out with a good end result.

So low skill times and a good plane (let's say pilot is ranked on 1 to 10, so 5 times 1.2 plane = end result of "6") can still lose to a high skill and a lesser plane (i.e. 8skill times 0.9 plane, because you have more skill to begin with you still come out on top!).

I won't go so far as to try and outline what "skill" is -- I can't do it. This is just an example. A general idea of how I think of it.

well said.   i can agree with everything you've stated here.     :salute
-AoM-