Author Topic: Missions that still work: Updated for v2263 (Nov2011)  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Missions that still work: Updated for v2263 (Nov2011)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
I've just updated and recompiled Soda's "Yamamoto" mission for AH Version 2.26.3. This has always been one of my favorite offline missions, and it now flies fairly well with the current version of Aces High! Here's a link:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Yamamoto/GetYamamotoFullPage.htm
 :salute

Thank you!  :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 08:06:59 AM »
Update as of 22Nov2011: My missions that are now working with the latest version of Aces High include....

* PacMix
     * Hollandia
     * PeabodySimple
     * EuroMix
     * Yamamoto [by Soda]

You can explore them all from prominent links here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

....Next: I'm working on "MacDonald at Dobodura" to see if it will work with the latest Aces High

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »
bbosen  :aok Bravo &, as always, jobs well done :banana:  TY for all of ur updates, I've d/l ALL of ur recent missions & am enjoying them once again!  :salute
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »

....Next: I'm working on "MacDonald at Dobodura" to see if it will work with the latest Aces High

I just got "MacDonald at Dobodura" working with AH V2263. I had to trim the audio narrative back quite a bit to prevent it running out of memory, but I was able to preserve enough of it to tell the storyline. Unfortunately, my site is down for maintenance right now and it may be a day or two before this is available. In the meantime, I'm working on "Hannah at Scarpantos".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 04:12:12 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
Update as of 28Nov2011: With the latest addition, my missions that are now working with the latest version of Aces High include....

* PacMix
     * Hollandia
     * PeabodySimple
     * EuroMix
     * Yamamoto [by Soda]
     * MacDonald at Dobodura

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

(I have not yet decided which one I will update next)

Offline mamaluigi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
"If your computer stores them as HTML files, they will not work."

Guess what. :bhead
Any help? Anything at all? I really want to play some offline missions before I get on the main server, any help would be appreciated unfathomably. Also, I downloaded "100+ planes furball", put it in the folders,  but it's not listed when I open Practice Missions in NDisles. I assume "100+" is too old?   

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »

Any help? Anything at all? I really want to play some offline missions before I get on the main server, any help would be appreciated unfathomably. Also, I downloaded "100+ planes furball", put it in the folders,  but it's not listed when I open Practice Missions in NDisles. I assume "100+" is too old?   

Try this link sir. Quick Installation
All of my missions work, just click the Icon in my signature to access them.

Coogan :airplane:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »

Any help? Anything at all? I really want to play some offline missions before I get on the main server, any help would be appreciated unfathomably.

Browsers differ in the way they handle downloaded files. In general, you will want to RIGHT-CLICK on the link and then carefully read the prompts from your browser. Most modern browsers will respond to your right-click with a new pop-up dialog box containing  a drop-down list with options from which you can choose. You will want to choose "Save As..." or "Save Target As..." or something very similar.

That will probably open a new dialog box with additional options. Tools within that dialog box will allow you to browse into your filesystem to specify the location where the file will be saved. LOOK CAREFULLY at that entire dialog box. There will probably be several little tool icons or buttons, each intended to help you with related tasks. Most browsers will offer an additional drop-down box (look for a little arrowhead pointing down) with options relating to the type of file to be created. Microsoft's "Internet Explorer" will probably offer two choices. One will be "HTML", and the other will be something like "ALL FILES".  Do not choose the "HTML" options. "ALL FILES" should work if your are using Microsoft's browser. Other browsers use similar terminology.

This is the standard, well-known, generally accepted method of downloading any arbitrary file from any web site. Use this method from ANY web site, any time you want to download anything. This method allows you to control the location and type of any downloaded file. Hundreds of millions of Internet users do this every single day. Be brave, experiment just a bit as you explore your options, and you'll succeed just like they do.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »

if you can't get them to work with the above advice pm me and I'll be happy to set up a time to get online or on the phone with you to walk through the steps sir.   :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 04:15:56 AM »
The only offline missions I know that will work on Aces High v22.6.3 are 100Coogn's missions.

Regards,
Kenneth Jr.  :salute
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »
All of these work too:

* PacMix
     * Hollandia
     * PeabodySimple
     * EuroMix
     * Yamamoto [by Soda]
     * MacDonald at Dobodura

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 04:01:41 AM »
Great! I am currently trying out your EuroMix mission, sounds awesome.
Oh, by the way,  :salute

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Missions that still work: Updated for v2263 (Nov2011)
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 05:50:25 PM »
Update as of 21Dec2011: I've updated and compiled my "Flax Chapter 1" mission for use with the current version of Aces High (V2.26.3) With that latest addition, my missions that are now working with the latest version of Aces High include....

* PacMix
     * Hollandia
     * PeabodySimple
     * EuroMix
     * Yamamoto [by Soda]
     * MacDonald at Dobodura
     * Flax Chapter 1

Direct link to the new one:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Flax/OperationFlaxPart1FullPage.htm

This mission requires a lot of patience, but the reward at the end is worth waiting for if you enjoy historic settings involving a large set of extremely vulnerable targets.

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 04:50:11 AM »
Yo bbosen! I have a problem to report regarding your EuroMix mission:
When I run the mission as a German, 1 second after the alarm sounds, Aces High crashes! :bhead

Regards,
Kenneth Jr. :salute

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 08:51:10 AM »
Which version of Euromix are you running? And does it run to completion on your hardware when you fly as an American?