Author Topic: Need opinions: skin preview pic size/quality debate  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Need opinions: skin preview pic size/quality debate
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Sorry, can't do that. The files are deep-linked to HTC (not hosted on my server). Also, the problem with packaging them is the same as with HTC's problem with packaging them... Packaging takes a lot of time, effort, and space. When 1 skin is updated you have to re-do a 3GB file and break it into chunks all over, etc...

It's not practical. There is a plugin you can use in conjunction with FireFox and the HTC skins download page to download ALL files with a set extension (in this case *.res) and some folks have said that works pretty well. I would just recommend downloading them in-game over time, or if you want to do it via the web, just do 1 plane at a time and work your way down the list. Split it up. Make a post-it reminder which plane you left off on.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »
well thanx for the info, the rest of the page is still great eye candy  :salute
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
Small bump but only for update purposes. I dragged my feet on updating the first lot of skins, from back in January. Those have been all updated. I downloaded some 70-80-odd skins tonight and will be working on getting those in as well.

I will update my sig with a date showing where it stands (so you know at a glance if I've done anything new).